3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 441 to 460 of 1,259

AuthorMessage

BenAV

441. Posted:

@BayCraig100 Haha sweet.
Last time I checked I had the highest Australian score for Shaman and Eldorado but that was aaaaages ago.

I'd say Freakyforms is totally worth it, when I bought it I actually stayed up all night just playing around with it.
I feel like I got my money's worth.
Probably a good idea to grab it before it's gone, as the Deluxe version seems like a bit of a rip off in comparison.

Speed X isn't amazing but it's a bit of fun (and I haven't really played it enough to form a strong opinion yet) and it's quite cheap so it's worth considering.

Planet Crashers isn't a terrible game, but it's very easy, very repetitive and is easily beaten in a day with nothing to do afterwards.
I felt a bit ripped off after paying $15 for it really.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

442. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

@BayCraig100 Haha sweet.
Last time I checked I had the highest Australian score for Shaman and Eldorado but that was aaaaages ago.

I'd say Freakyforms is totally worth it, when I bought it I actually stayed up all night just playing around with it.
Probably a good idea to grab it before it's gone, as the Deluxe version seems like a bit of a rip off in comparison.

Speed X isn't amazing but it's a bit of fun (and I haven't really played it enough to form a strong opinion yet) and it's quite cheap so it's worth considering.

Planet Crashers isn't a terrible game, but it's very easy, very repetitive and is easily beaten in a day with nothing to do afterwards.

Alright, thanks for the recommendations and opinions!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

443. Posted:

SuperSonic95 wrote:

http://bit.ly/Ncc1JI
Click here. It's a link that say's when Sakura Samurai comes out.

It says nothing about the release date...
The "let me Google that for you" thing is pretty neat though!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

Jay3DS

444. Posted:

Which Zelda game should I buy? I've only ever played the NES version (which I don't think is on the store) so wanting one to start me off.

Which Zelda games are available on the eshop?

Jay3DS

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

445. Posted:

The NES version is available on the Eshop, and the only other one available is Link's Awakening DX for the GBC. Fortunately, it's among the best Zelda games and comes recommended by pretty much everyone! Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link is bound to come eventually, and same with the Oracle games, although for now there's no better option than Link's Awakening DX.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

446. Posted:

I think you ought to skip over to the wii shop and go with either Link to the past or Ocarina of time. Lttp is pretty much the best as the 2d games and Oot is great for beginners to the 3d games. (Oot has a 3ds remake as well, if that influences your decision)

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

447. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

@BayCraig100 Haha sweet.

[/div]

Also I was just wondering about Colours! 3D. Its obvious you have it (from looking at your EXCELLENT gallery) and I was wondering if it is for me, being a less-than-average artist?

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

AuthorMessage

BenAV

448. Posted:

@BayCraig100 Why thank you. :P
I would definitely recommend it, even if you're not much of the artist.
I've never been able to draw a thing in my life, but I've found that Colors! 3D makes things pretty easy and I've been able to actually come up with some half-decent paintings.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

DeMoN-13ruce

449. Posted:

wario land titles are great and the zelda ones

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

450. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

@BayCraig100 Why thank you. :P
I would definitely recommend it, even if you're not much of the artist.
I've never been able to draw a thing in my life, but I've found that Colors! 3D makes things pretty easy and I've been able to actually come up with some half-decent paintings.

Well I thought you were some sort of artist because your paintings are amazing! :)
Well I think ill probably get it...

AuthorMessage

Raiko

451. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Raiko all I'm gonna say is super Mario bros 2.

Which is my favourite Super Mario Bros game too lol.

Raiko

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

452. Posted:

So I was thinking of starting the Yoshi's Island ambassador game. How different is it from the SNES version? I know this version has annoying sound effects, but anything else? Controls still tight?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

453. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So I was thinking of starting the Yoshi's Island ambassador game. How different is it from the SNES version? I know this version has annoying sound effects, but anything else? Controls still tight?

Of course - it's the superior version of the game.
It also has 6 new secret levels not in the SNES version.
It also of course also came with the Mario Bros. minigame (which is nowhere near as fun without multiplayer :()

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

rayword45

454. Posted:

Idea stolen from Morphtroid: Here are some eShop game packs that I thought of. I actually sorta wish that Nintendo put this up (without choices) for a slight discount.

eShop Essentials ($27):

X-Scape
Art Of Balance Touch
Shantae Risky's Revenge

These are simply the games that I recommend the most. No other relation.

Mighty Pack ($22):

Mighty Flip Champs
Mighty Milky Way
Mighty Switch Force

Good for those who enjoy Puzzle Platformers. First 2 games offer a lot of content for your money as well.

Casual pack ($20):

Order Up!!
Zen Pinball 3D
Escapee GO!! (This can be switched with Aura Aura in my opinion, or any 2 dollar game)

New Nintendo Properties ($24):

Dillon's Rolling Western
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
Pushmo (overrated)

Retro Gamer pack ($22):

VVVVVV
Mutant Mudds
Flipper

And that's all I can think of ATM

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

455. Posted:

Sakura Samurai
This game is the definition of 'addictive' Being a massive fan of Punch-Out!! and hearing that SS's gameplay had a splash of it i knew striaght of the batty' that I'd fall in love with this game even though I'm not exactly huge on anything Samurai theme related.

I'm currently at the 2nd Boss, and make no mistake, this game is pretty tough! I've died dozens of times, but like retro games of old or like Punch-Out!! for example once you get a feeling of the different enemie attack patterns and the timing, you'll feel like Ryu Hayabusa's long lost sister 'Girl Gaiden' :p
You'll die tons of times in the process, but you'll gradually keep getting better and better, and those challenging enemies you thought were challenging in the first place will gradually become childs play. If anything, the game takes a graphical hit during certain stages. When you're on the map, in town, fighting bosses, watching those impressive 3D cutscenes, and so on everything looks super sharp, beautiful and crisp....Yet certain basic stages that consist of a lot of enemies makes the game look blurry. It's quite the night and day differnce and it makes SS go from beautiful to rather ugly. With that out of the way, Sakura Samurai is now officially my favorite 3DSWare title. Even beating out Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force and Mutant Mudds. B-)

Oh, and throwing Frogs at enemies is absolutely awesome.lol I really love the sword sharpening/item D-pad elements which add a nice layer of depth to the overall package. Also, I recommend Mighty Switch Force, now especially considering the stereoscopic 3D has been enhanced, there are 5 new stages and an additional feature for 'time' junkies that make the package feel more satisfying, meatier and more complete. B-)

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

RR529

456. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Sakura Samurai
This game is the definition of 'addictive' Being a massive fan of Punch-Out!! and hearing that SS's gameplay had a splash of it i knew striaght of the batty' that I'd fall in love with this game even though I'm not exactly huge on anything Samurai theme related.

I'm currently at the 2nd Boss, and make no mistake, this game is pretty tough! I've died dozens of times, but like retro games of old or like Punch-Out!! for example once you get a feeling of the different enemie attack patterns and the timing, you'll feel like Ryu Hayabusa's long lost sister 'Girl Gaiden' :p
You'll die tons of times in the process, but you'll gradually keep getting better and better, and those challenging enemies you thought were challenging in the first place will gradually become childs play. If anything, the game takes a graphical hit during certain stages. When you're on the map, in town, fighting bosses, watching those impressive 3D cutscenes, and so on everything looks super sharp, beautiful and crisp....Yet certain basic stages that consist of a lot of enemies makes the game look blurry. It's quite the night and day differnce and it makes SS go from beautiful to rather ugly. With that out of the way, Sakura Samurai is now officially my favorite 3DSWare title. Even beating out Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force and Mutant Mudds. B-)

Oh, and throwing Frogs at enemies is absolutely awesome.lol I really love the sword sharpening/item D-pad elements which add a nice layer of depth to the overall package. Also, I recommend Mighty Switch Force, now especially considering the stereoscopic 3D has been enhanced, there are 5 new stages and an additional feature for 'time' junkies that make the package feel more satisfying, meatier and more complete. B-)

If you like SS's difficulty now, you'll love what happens when you beat the game ;)

It's my favorite eShop game as well, all though, contrary to you're feelings, part of that is due to the fact that I'm a sucker for anything Sengoku and/or Meiji era Japan :P

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

457. Posted:

Vedy' nice. B-) Are you telling me you're also a fan of that lovely obscure franchise 'Samurai Warriors'? :p
Oh, an i just beat the game about an hour ago and holy He-man was the final boss one tough cookie Monster. I'm suprised considering Nintendo developed this game(correct me if i'm wrong)...Because as we all know, they don't exactly dish out the most challenging boss battles, 'Mario' being the main example. But here however, The final boss is easily up to Mega Man Standards B-)

Anyways! I'll be trying out Expert mode tomorrow, plus i need to finish the 50 and 100 enemie/defeat challenges and then i'm done.
I don't think i'll bother trying to complete Expert mode, but it shall be fun trying it out for kicks.

That aside, how's Dillon's Rolling Western? I'm definitly going to be getting Shante Riskies Revenge, Mighty Switch Champs and Mighty Milky Way which will be a nice epic dose of WayForward Goodness which is always a good thing. And on a random-ish note, i think i'm one of the few on this site who wasn't exactly jumping up and down over VVVVVV. I don't like the super indie PC vibe the game sets off....There's just something about it that bugs me.
It's great and everything, i get that but eh...Just doesn't quite gel with me. :p

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

rayword45

458. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Anyways! I'll be trying out Expert mode tomorrow, plus i need to finish the 50 and 100 enemie/defeat challenges and then i'm done.
I don't think i'll bother trying to complete Expert mode, but it shall be fun trying it out for kicks.

That aside, how's Dillon's Rolling Western?

If you buy the Robe of invincibility or whatever it's called and the Kappa Amulet, then Expert mode is only slightly harder then normal.

DRW is great fun. Ignore the reviews, this is a game with loads of personality and enough content for 10 dollars (beating the game will take 12 hours, completionists will get 20). If you're left-handed, stay away.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

RR529

459. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Vedy' nice. B-) Are you telling me you're also a fan of that lovely obscure franchise 'Samurai Warriors'? :p
Oh, an i just beat the game about an hour ago and holy He-man was the final boss one tough cookie Monster. I'm suprised considering Nintendo developed this game(correct me if i'm wrong)...Because as we all know, they don't exactly dish out the most challenging boss battles, 'Mario' being the main example. But here however, The final boss is easily up to Mega Man Standards B-)

That aside, how's Dillon's Rolling Western? I'm definitly going to be getting Shante Riskies Revenge, Mighty Switch Champs and Mighty Milky Way which will be a nice epic dose of WayForward Goodness which is always a good thing. And on a random-ish note, i think i'm one of the few on this site who wasn't exactly jumping up and down over VVVVVV. I don't like the super indie PC vibe the game sets off....There's just something about it that bugs me.
It's great and everything, i get that but eh...Just doesn't quite gel with me. :p

Actually, yes, I did enjoy Samurai Warriors: Chronicles on 3DS :)

Too bad VVVVVV isn't clicking for you, though. It's personally my 2nd favorite eShop game (behind Sakura Samurai). Oh well, we all have different tastes.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Birdman

460. Posted:

WaveBoy - I would definitely recommend DRW ... if you're right-handed. The controls work, but only when you hold the stylus in your right hand, otherwise it's a complete mess. About the only other game on the eShop that could last longer than DRW is Pushmo. Definitely worth the $9.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062