3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 401 to 420 of 1,245

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

401. Posted:

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll go for G&WG2, Sword of Hope II, and Dragon Crystal. I've never played a game with permadeath in it before, so Dragon Crystal should be interesting.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

402. Posted:

good choice.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

RR529

403. Posted:

Good coice with the Sword of Hope II. It's right up there with Link's Awakening DX & Metroid II as one of the very best VC games on offer right now.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

404. Posted:

I got around $5.00 on my eshop. Already have:
Gargoyle's Quest
Shinobi
Mega man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
Metroid II
Punch-Out
Sword of Hope II
Wario Land

Zen Pinball
Colors 3D
Sakura Samurai

Crystal Monsters
Petit Computer
Zenonia
Paul's Shooting
Zelda Minish Cap

Any cool game out there 3dsware, dsiware or VC thats coming out in the known future that I should save that green on? Or does anyone really recommend me something already out? (Please no Mario or Zelda since I got the original cartridges as a kid).

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern

AuthorMessage

rayword45

405. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

I got around $5.00 on my eshop. Already have:
Gargoyle's Quest
Shinobi
Mega man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
Metroid II
Punch-Out
Sword of Hope II
Wario Land

Zen Pinball
Colors 3D
Sakura Samurai

Crystal Monsters
Petit Computer
Zenonia
Paul's Shooting
Zelda Minish Cap

Any cool game out there 3dsware, dsiware or VC thats coming out in the known future that I should save that green on? Or does anyone really recommend me something already out? (Please no Mario or Zelda since I got the original cartridges as a kid).

For 500 points, I recommend Trajectile and Starship Defense. Perhaps Flipper if you don't mind the game being a bit short.

As for games, well, save up a buck and get Mighty Switch Force, or perhaps 2 and get Art of Balance: Touch.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

406. Posted:

@MikeDanger1 If you liked those retro platformers you might want to give Avenging Spirit a spin; it's a bit on the short side but it does the whole genre really well. Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters is also cool. Mighty Switch Force also comes highly recommended if you want to put more money on.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

407. Posted:

I know I should have gotten Mighty Switch Force, but I opted out for Petit Computer instead. Im just looking for a good game for less than $5.

Because where I live the eshop doesn't accept my debit card and I hate getting the 3shop card at Gamestop cause they always have to offer the stupid Pro Card and Game Informer subscription every freaking time I go there to buy something! Or if I want to reserve a game coming out in the near future and the funniest one of all if I want to put a one year guarantee on my purchase, yes even on the freaking card!

So spare me the the hard time and and please keep the recommendations under $5, thanks ;) <3

AuthorMessage

rayword45

408. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

So spare me the the hard time and and please keep the recommendations under $5, thanks ;) <3

IN no specific order, these ar all DSiWare

1. AlphaBounce (really slow-paced, but rewarding)
2. Flipper
3. Trajectile
4. Starship Defense
5. 99Bullets
6. Flametail
7. Face Pilot (This is in order as last, because the controls may screw up and it feels like an expansion/prototype of Pilotwings Resort)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Birdman

409. Posted:

@MikeDanger1 - For 200 points (and in no particular order) I would recommend Aura-Aura Climber, Candle Route, GO Series: Undead Storm, Pop Island: Paperfield and Spotto! from DSiWare. For 500 points, my recommendations are Castle Conqueror, Digger Dan & Kaboom, A Kappa's Trail, Number Battle, Starship Defense and Trajectile. All are easily worth the money.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

RR529

410. Posted:

@MikeDanger1,

I'd suggest Bionic Commando (GB VC). If you enjoyed Mega Man and Gargoyle's Quest, you'll probably enjoy this.

Also, Touch Battle Tank is coming out this Thursday for exactly $5, so you could wait and see if that's any good (NL got the review code early, according to Philip J. Reed).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

411. Posted:

Yes i'll do that. I'll wait for Touch Battle Tank to see if it's any good. If not i'll choose one of the recommended.

thanks guys you really helped. Dsiware are the hardest to gte recommendations for :)

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

412. Posted:

Okay, so I bought the games and there's a problem. In G&WG2 I saw some notice saying something about linking G&WG1 with G&WG2. I own both of these. Is there anyway to do this on 3DS?

JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

413. Posted:

@SuperSonic95, probably not my friend. You know Sega is the only developer who includes cool options in their VC games. :D

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

rayword45

414. Posted:

Do me a favor someone and judge these games, and tell me if I should go or wait for a possible sale:

1. Dillon's Rolling Western
2/3. Zen/Marvel Pinball 3D
4. SpeedThru

And that's it on my "almost-want" You can recommend any other game except Colors 3D (I can't do art), any VC or Bird Mania (tried it, found it crap)

Already own:

Pushmo
Mighty Switch Force
Mutant Mudds
Pyramids
Art of Balance: Touch
Order Up!!
VVVVVV
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

415. Posted:

Game gear may have cool features on the 3ds e-shop & in color but give me 1 list of game gear games on or on the way to the eshop that are worth it because game gear games flopped FOR A REASON back in the 90's!

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

416. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

Game gear may have cool features on the 3ds e-shop & in color but give me 1 list of game gear games on or on the way to the eshop that are worth it because game gear games flopped FOR A REASON back in the 90's!

It's because batteries sucked in the 90s, and therefore it couldn't have a long battery life and it was expensive. People didn't like the hardware, and assumad the software sucked, when in fact, it's got quite good software. Just because they're not on the eShop doesn't mean you can trash the entire system's library.Al the games currently on the eShop are some of the best I've played in their respective genres.

JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

417. Posted:

SuperSonic95 wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

It's because batteries sucked in the 90s, and therefore it couldn't have a long battery life and it was expensive. People didn't like the hardware, and assumad the software sucked, when in fact, it's got quite good software. Just because they're not on the eShop doesn't mean you can trash the entire system's library.Al the games currently on the eShop are some of the best I've played in their respective genres.

I wasn't trying to trash the games I meant the hardware & p.s. local multiplayer for game gear games?! when did the game gear have a link cable?!?!? THAT was not supposed to happen.

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage

rayword45

418. Posted:

Without attempting to spam, I'm going to re-ask this question

Which of the following can you recommend? Also noting the possibility of a sale and price justification and whatnot.

1. DRW
2. Zen/Marvel Pinball 3D
3. SpeedThru

And in a lesser motion

4. Bomb Monkey (not very interested)
5. Anything else besides Bird Mania 3D and Colors 3D

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

RR529

419. Posted:

@Rayworld.

1. Haven't played Rolling Western.

2. The Zen games are great for pick up and play, and have some of the best (if not the best) graphics on eShop. If you enjoy Marvel's characters, pick up MP3D, and if you like it, get Zen. If you're neutral to (or don't like) Marvel, get Zen (it's a buck cheaper, and the tables are a little better, IMO), and if you like it, consider MP3D.

3. Haven't played Ketzal's Corridors (SpeedThru).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Bones00

420. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Without attempting to spam, I'm going to re-ask this question

Which of the following can you recommend? Also noting the possibility of a sale and price justification and whatnot.

1. DRW
2. Zen/Marvel Pinball 3D
3. SpeedThru

And in a lesser motion

4. Bomb Monkey (not very interested)
5. Anything else besides Bird Mania 3D and Colors 3D

Get Zen Pinball 3D and Marvel Pinball 3D.

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964. 
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter: Bones00