3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 381 to 400 of 1,245

AuthorMessage

rayword45

381. Posted:

EvilCookie wrote:

I have 8 Dollars left on eShop. What should I buy?

@Tasuki: Lame.

For $8, even though it's DSiWare, my absolute first recommendation would be X-Scape. The fact that this didn't get a 10/10 on the site saddens me. Unless the color scheme actually induces nausea for you, get this game. I'm not a fan of First-Person Shooters, but this game was engaging, had varied missions, great music, a great (for what it attempted to be) art style and lasted a good 10 hours. I have yet to play a 3DSWare game that comes close to touching this.

My distant second recommendation (which in this case is still very high) would be VVVVVV. It's a good game, but offers less then the PC version for $3 more, although the portability and mild 3D effect adds at least a little.

If you don't mind having an extra 2 dollars left over, my real second reccomendation would be Mighty Switch Force.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

382. Posted:

So with the sale of Colors! 3D this weekend I'm totally gonna try to buy it, but I got some questions. How many blocks does it take up and does it have extra data or something that keeps increasing when you save a drawing? Like how the extra data goes up every time you download a new Pokemon in Pokedex 3D. If it does how much extra data does a picture usually add?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RR529

383. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So with the sale of Colors! 3D this weekend I'm totally gonna try to buy it, but I got some questions. How many blocks does it take up and does it have extra data or something that keeps increasing when you save a drawing? Like how the extra data goes up every time you download a new Pokemon in Pokedex 3D. If it does how much extra data does a picture usually add?

The app itself doesn't take up too much space, but yes, the pictures themselves take up quite a bit of space (deleting around 5 pictures freed up about 1,000 blocks on my card). There is a very easy way around that though, once you're done with a picture, upload it to the Colors 3D! online gallery, and then delete it (the picture) from your system. Now you'll still be able to see it any time you want, and since it's in their online gallery, it won't be taking up space on your system :)

If you want to share the picture at some later point (over Swapnote or whatever), just redownload the picture from the gallery back onto your system (BTW, uploading and downloading pictures only takes a few seconds).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

384. Posted:

Wow, that's a lot just for some pictures! D: Thanks for that tip though RR! I'll definitely be downloading it now. I'll probably post then delete every picture I make though, lol.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Bubbab5

385. Posted:

Should I get mighty switch force Ivy Kiwi mini or Chrono Twins I can't decide

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

AuthorMessage

iphys

386. Posted:

So from the trailer it looks like Colors 3D saves a record of you drawing your picture to play back, but you can download the MPO image from the gallery to view in the camera, so then that won't take up nearly as much space as the recording, yes?

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

387. Posted:

Bubbab55 wrote:

Should I get mighty switch force Ivy Kiwi mini or Chrono Twins I can't decide

Mighty Switch force, but I haven't played the other 2. I'd suggest reading thereviews for Ivy and Chrono Twins here. Mighty Switch Force has awesome music, graphics, and 3D effect.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Bubbab5

388. Posted:

I read all the reviewS and I was gonna go by the highest score but they are all 9s so which one last the longest

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

AuthorMessage

rayword45

389. Posted:

Bubbab55 wrote:

I read all the reviewS and I was gonna go by the highest score but they are all 9s so which one last the longest

Ivy the Kiwi is 7 bucks at Gamestop pre-owned now, so don't get that on DSiWare.

I can't say much about Chrono Twins, but Mighty Switch Force is about 2-3 hours long, and another 1-2 for the bonus levels, so there is 6 bucks of content.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

390. Posted:

Um...I look through the Colors! Online gallery and the very second thing I see is a really perverted ridiculous proportions girl in a Mario outfit. Is that a normal thing? I'll get this regardless, but is there a way to filter the gallery?

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

BenAV

391. Posted:

@Bubbab55 Get Mighty Switch Force.

@Retro_on_theGo I'm pretty sure you can flag stuff as being 18+ or something like that.

Edited on by BenAV

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

rayword45

392. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Um...I look through the Colors! Online gallery and the very second thing I see is a really perverted ridiculous proportions girl in a Mario outfit. Is that a normal thing? I'll get this regardless, but is there a way to filter the gallery?

Actual nudity? There's an 18+ or something.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Knux

393. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Why would you want to filter awesomeness?

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

RR529

394. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Believe me, thoes kinds of images are pretty common place, lol.

Seriously though, don't let stuff like that deterr you from buying the app, as there are some truely amazing pieces of art in the gallery.

As for filtering, if you just now went to the gallery, that's as filtered as you're going to get. There is an 18+ rating, but you're not given the option to view them unless you have an account (which is free). If you feel uncomfortable with an image, and think it should be 18+, you can flag it, and if enough people do so, it'll be labelled as such.

Personally, unless an image has nudity, I'm haven't been offended by anything (although I think the plethora of "personified"/anthro Pokémon in bikini pictures are pretty creepy, but not necessarily offensive).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Bubbab5

395. Posted:

That is kinda creepy

AuthorMessage

RR529

396. Posted:

IGN's July eShop recommendations are in.

Get:

• Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
  • Mole Mania
  • Kid Icarus: of Myths and Monsters
  • Johnny Kung Fu
  • the Legend of Zelda

Consider:

• Dot Runner: Complete Edition
  • Tumblepop
  • Kirby's Pinball Land
  • the Sword of Hope II
  • NES Open Tournament Golf
  • Family Tennis 3D

Avoid:

• Planet Crashers
  • the Phantom Thief Stina & the 30 Jewels
  • Sweet Memories Blackjack
  • Masyu by Nikoli

The glowing recommendation for Johnny Kung Fu came as a surprise to me.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

397. Posted:

Johnny Kung-fu and The Sword of Hope ll need to be switched around.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

iroxursox

398. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Johnny Kung-fu and The Sword of Hope ll need to be switched around.

that and the consider after the don't get

friend code is 0602-6743-0345 i like TRAINS
proud owner of a wii u, 3ds, 2 wiis, and a ps3.
currently playing MGS:3D
proud owner of a minecrat server.

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

399. Posted:

I have $10. I want a VC game. I know I want Game and Watch Gallery 2. I'm considering Punch-Out, Sword of Hope II, Wario Land, and Kid Icarus II for the other. Which of them takes the longest to play through?
EDIT: I just realized I could also get G&WG2, Sword of Hope II, and Dragon Crystal. Should I try that?

Edited on by JohnPhilipSousa

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

400. Posted:

Sword of Hope 2 lasts longer, but Punch out and Game and Watch have the most challenge. Wario Land and Kid Icarus are the most known and are the safe choices if you really want something fun! All in all they're all great choices.

If you haven't played Gargoyle's Quest, I personally recommend that one as my favorite VC game.

cheers

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347