3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 341 to 360 of 1,245

AuthorMessage

CerealKiller528

341. Posted:

@Nintenbro
They don't apply tax in California. Even if they did, I would change my region to one that doesn't apply tax.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

342. Posted:

Should I get Sakura Samurai now that it's on sale? I want to snce it's on sale, but all these complaints I hear about some unfair final boss is worrying.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CerealKiller528

343. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo

I think you should get it imo. Just that the final boss is hard, nothing much. If other people could beat it, you should be able to beat it.

Edited on by CerealKiller528

AuthorMessage

Hokori

344. Posted:

I haven't beat the final boss yet, but yeh get it, I should finally beat him soon though

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

TheConsiglio

345. Posted:

What should I get that when it comes out between waiting for KI : OMAM and Mario Land 3 OR Getting Gargoyles 's Quest and Some Other VC 3ds game?

Just a nintendo fan who found his way to this site.
3DS FRIEND CODE: 4725-8421-9790

I am a trusted gamer who never cheats.

Twitter: @Kyle Consiglio

AuthorMessage

CerealKiller528

346. Posted:

@TheConsiglio
I think you should get KI:OMAM and Mario Land 3.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

347. Posted:

Lol @CerealKiller. You're right. If others can beat it I can too it is just the final boss. Thanks for that. In the end I think I'll just get a Microsoft points card and buy Megaman 9. I've been wanting to get that game for ever and now I finally have the cash. (It's my favorite Megaman and I don't own it. What? XD) I'll get Sakura Samurai one day

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Bubbab5

348. Posted:

Is cave story easy to see on the 3DS btw I have poor eyesight that's why I'm asking

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

AuthorMessage

Bubbab5

349. Posted:

If it is is bomberman blitz a good choice

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

AuthorMessage

RR529

350. Posted:

I know there haven't been any official reviews of it yet, but I'm going to go ahead and recommend Family Tennis 3D (especially if you want a cheaper alternative to MTO).

The 3D is poor IMO, but it is a WiiWare port, so I wasn't expecting anything exceptional anyways. Otherwise the graphics are completely capable (not the best on eShop, but nowhere near horrid either, and I'm personally fond of the anime style).

The gameplay is exactly what you'd expect from an arcadey tennis game (much like Mario Tennis), and I haven't run into any problems (I've played for around 13 hrs, so far). Actually, unlike the newest MT game, it even has special shots which are fun to use (a meter builds up as you play, and when full you activate with L+R).

As for content:

• 8 characters (up from WiiWare's 4)
  • 6 Courts (up from WiiWare's 4)
  • Quick Play (the game randomly selects a couple of characters, a court, and has you go at it. Great for pick up and play)
  • Free Play (Pick singles or doubles, your characters, court, set the rules, and go at it)
  • Tournament Play (A singles tournament with four matches. Opponents depend on difficulty, if you complete on Pro difficulty, you unlock character artwork of whomever you are using. It's nothing special, but at least they try to give you something).
  • Mini Games (in Human Backboard, points are built up the longer you and your opponent rally the ball back and forth, the points are awarded to whomever gets the ball past their opponent, and the first to 100 wins. In Court Roulette, number values are scattered across the court, and the first to 1000 wins. In Survival, you face as many opponents as you can.)
  • There's 3 difficulty settings (Beginner, Journeyman, Pro), a gallery (for viewing the unlocked character artwork), and an optional Easy Mode (new to this version, the game can choose the best shot for your situation)

I've enjoyed it, and think it'll probably get a 7 from NL (the WiiWare version got a 6, but this version doesn't have shoddy motion controls, doesn't have to compete with loads of better competition like the WiiWare version had to, and this version has all the new added content).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Bubbab5

351. Posted:

What's a really good game with a good story

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

352. Posted:

I've been researching, "Pullbox," a.k.a., "Pushmo," and, "Speedthru: Potzol's Puzzles," lately. Which game would you more highly recommend? Pusmo obviously has more content, but I find Potzol's Puzzles to have a much more pleasant theme and appearance.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

rayword45

353. Posted:

Nintenbro wrote:

I've been researching, "Pullbox," a.k.a., "Pushmo," and, "Speedthru: Potzol's Puzzles," lately. Which game would you more highly recommend? Pusmo obviously has more content, but I find Potzol's Puzzles to have a much more pleasant theme and appearance.

[/div]

I played the WiiWare version for a bit. Wasn't too addictive unlike many said. Pushmo I wasn't a huge fan of either, though. Overall, it seems Pushmo had better reviews.

Though if I had to recommend any puzzle game, let that be AoB: Touch.

Bubbab55 wrote:

There aren't many story oriented games on the eShop (Speaking 3DSWare here) as far as I know.

Sakura Samurai has a typical "save the princess" story, and has text in the villages.
Order Up!! features several cutscenes, but no real coherent story. What exists is pretty amusing though.

And... That's about it.

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

354. Posted:

Yeah, but I already have the WiiWare version of AoB, and I still haven't completed every puzzle in that game yet. I definitely want to get AoB Touch!, at some point. I'd rather purchase something new right now, though. At least until after I finish the WiiWare version. I never downloaded the WiiWare version of Speedthru, so that's why I found Potzol's Puzzles more attractive. Plus, I like the theme of Potzol's Puzzles much more than the original Speedthru.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

RR529

355. Posted:

Bubbab55 wrote:

VVVVVV has about the deepest story on eShop, but even it's nothing heavy. At it's core, it's still just about rescuing your crewmates, but there is some amusing dialog between you and them (including some about how you got to where you are, and how to escape). If you want to get the most out of the story, be on the lookout for computer terminals, as they often hold the secrets of this strange world (and you'll want to collect all 20 shiny trinkets to reveal everything). In essence, it seems to have a minimal retro story (and if that's what you want, that's good), but if you do some digging, there's more to it.

Then there's the "save the princess/rescue the world" stories of the retro 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure, 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, 3D Classics: Xevious, the retro inspired Mighty Switch Force!, Mutant Mudds, and Sakura Samurai (SS isn't really retro inspired, but it still has a minimal story).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

356. Posted:

Bubbab55 wrote:

Wait for Unchained Blades.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

357. Posted:

Pullblox is better IMO. Potzol's is okay, but the patterns in that game are very repetitive. (Test level>Infinite Tower>Ruins, order, literally the same on all three worlds so it doesn't feel that fresh.) But Pullblox easily goes into at least the top ten eShop games.

Edited on by Drawdler

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

358. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Bubbab55 wrote:

[/div]

Wait for Unchained Blades.

Damn, beat me to it.

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

NintyEShopper

359. Posted:

Nintenbro wrote:

Pushmo. No question.

RAINBOW DASH IS BEST PONY

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

360. Posted:

NintyEShopper wrote:

Nintenbro wrote:

[/div]

Pushmo. No question.

Do you own both?

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215