3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 301 to 320 of 1,245

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

301. Posted:

Do you guys think I should purchase VVVVVV while it's on sale for $5, or should I wait until TLoZ: Link's Awakening goes on sale?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

302. Posted:

If you haven't gotten VVVVVV, you should get it now. NOW MAN NOW!

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

RR529

303. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Do you guys think I should purchase VVVVVV while it's on sale for $5, or should I wait until TLoZ: Link's Awakening goes on sale?

Tough call. VVVVVV is the best retro platformer on eShop (heck, maybe even the best game overall on eShop), but Link's Awakening is Zelda (best game on the VC)!

If you've played LADX before, go for VVVVVV. If not, probably go with VVVVVV (although I'd look deeply at them both before making a decision).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

304. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

G4L wrote:

[/div]

Tough call. VVVVVV is the best retro platformer on eShop (heck, maybe even the best game overall on eShop), but Link's Awakening is Zelda (best game on the VC)!

If you've played LADX before, go for VVVVVV. If not, probably go with VVVVVV (although I'd look deeply at them both before making a decision).

I dont think vvvvvv is all that great,could of been better with a level maker

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

RR529

305. Posted:

dark-insanity wrote:

RR529 wrote:

G4L wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I dont think vvvvvv is all that great,could of been better with a level maker

While that would have made it even longer, the main game & 18 player levels still provide hours of content, & the core platforming may be the best on eShop. The gravity flipping mechanic feels much more fresh than anything in Mutant Mudds, and may possibly even outshine the platform switching of MSF! (though just barely).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

KCKowalchuk

306. Posted:

I just got a taste of VVVVVV and I'm loving it so far! Don't regret it one bit. I've owned LoZ: LA and it's good too, but I can't play it without a walkthrough opened up on the computer. I don't know, maybe I'm just a noob.

KCKowalchuk

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

307. Posted:

^retro overhead zelda tend to be hard...and retro zelda side scollers

Edited on by Undead_terror

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

KCKowalchuk

308. Posted:

Thats for sure!

KCKowalchuk

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

309. Posted:

KCKowalchuk wrote:

I just got a taste of VVVVVV and I'm loving it so far! Don't regret it one bit. I've owned LoZ: LA and it's good too, but I can't play it without a walkthrough opened up on the computer. I don't know, maybe I'm just a noob.

then i am a noob too. zelda games are not hard, but i just seem to have a different logic than the developers. always miss little things that i need to activate to go on.
SPOILER:
after the first dungeon you are suppoused to rescue that dog. i tried to beat that eemies in that cave near the swamp but couldnt manage it. so i thought "ah f#cuk it is just go to the next dungeon". i thought the dogrescue was just a sidequest so i wandered around and couldnt find anything so i looked up a walkthrough and it said you need to rescue the dog. so i rescued the dog and brought it back to that woman in town, but she said "take it for a walk" so i took it for a walk like 5mins around the map xD then got back to the woman but she still didnt want the dog. so back to the walkthrough only to find out that you need to take the dog to the swamp and let him eat that big plants to get to the next dungeon. HOW AM I SUPPOUSE TO KNOW THAT???? there are no clues for that. things like this always happen to me in zelda games and ONLY in zelda games. i always regret buying zelda games thopugh they are well made but i always get frustrated some time in the game. thats why i only finished one out of 4-5 zelda games i ever played. with walkthrough of course
SPOILER END

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

310. Posted:

@6ch6ris6 - This may be the wrong spot for it but they planned for you to get stuck. Go in any telephone booth and talk to the phone, it will give you a hint, not always a really good one but something to point you in the right direction

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

iphys

311. Posted:

Lol, I thought I was the only person that had to play Zelda games with a walkthrough — I just don't have the patience to play for more than a few hours otherwise.

One day left to get VVVVVV on sale, people. As long as you're a gamer, you won't regret it, so get, get, get!

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

KCKowalchuk

312. Posted:

Played it last night! So good!

@6ch6ris6: Thats so funny! I've only finished 2 Zelda games out of the 6 games that I own.

KCKowalchuk

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

313. Posted:

I decided to purchase VVVVVV last night, because it was on sale for a very reasonable price. I have no idea when I would've actually decided to purchase it at it's everyday price, so I couldn't pass up a 40% savings. I haven't begun to play it yet, but I should shortly. Does anybody know if the 10 coins I earned for registering VVVVVV will be considered for the 2013 Club Nintendo year, because I actually purchased the game on July 1rst, at 1:30 A.M. I registered an extra copy of Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo Selects) on July 1rst at 2:30 A.M. and I still received 50 coins.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

314. Posted:

@G4L, It doesn't matter when you purchase the game, but when you take the survey. I downloaded a bunch of games in the last few weeks, but I'm saving all the surveys for after July 1st so they go on the next CN year.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

315. Posted:

Oh, so the 2013 Club Nintendo year doesn't begin until July 2nd then?

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

316. Posted:

Ahh VVVVVV, I may possibly be the only dudester on this site that wasn't crazy over it. I didn't like it's PC indie ambient Commodre 64 inspired presentation, and the game could of used a few bosses which i'm sure would of worked wonderfully with the flip mechanic system. And the music, hit and miss for me, the entire package kind of left me feeling a little cold.

Had WayForward created this game, with a different look, 8-16 sprite/stage design, threw in some of their trade mark killer boss battles and packed more life into the game i would of felt differently towards it. But as is, i'm not huge on it's style, but the core gameplay is unique and challenging and it offers something different compared to the typical platformer. But i much better time with Mighty Switch Force and Mutant Mudds. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

317. Posted:

I'll most likely have close to the same views as you @WaveBoy, but it was only $5 + tax. I guess I couldn't have gone too wrong, with a 40% discount. Do you think you would have been more satisfied, if you had only paid $5 for VVVVVV @WaveBoy?

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

318. Posted:

@G4L
Don't listen to him. He thought that this game was supposed to be 'Retro' outside of graphics. That's the only part that can really be considered Retro.
It's a really great game if you see it for what it is. It never needed bosses, as the whole premise of the game is built around the individual challenges of rooms. The music is actually great IMO, it's not chiptune, but techno.

@WaveBoy
What I said to him. Unlike Mutant Mudds, this game wasn't supposed to be retro. (MSF wasn't either)
Maybe your impressions of it were misjudged as you thought it would be more akin to the past rather than what it was?

Complaining about this game is like a sin, so forgive my backlash.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

319. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Complaining about this game is like a sin, so forgive my backlash.

Nice. But yeah, this is pretty much one of the best games ever.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

RR529

320. Posted:

@Waveboy, I'm not contesting your dislike for the game (although I personally love it), I just want to ask how bosses would have worked?

You have no offensive capabilities (there aren't any types of enemies at all, it's all about outmaneuvering devious obstacles), so I don't see how they could have worked within the game's structure.

On the other hand, Mutant Mudds could have used a boss or two :P (still loved it, though)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)