3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 281 to 300 of 1,202

AuthorMessage

rayword45

281. Posted:

KCKowalchuk wrote:

Hey guys! I'm getting a $20 card tomorrow and am looking for some games that have action as well as use the 3DS' 3D well. I currently have Pushmo and 3D Kid Icarus. I'm not looking for virtual console titles, except NES. Games that interest me are Mutant Mudds and Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword, as well as VVVVV because it's on sale. What do you think?

The best platformer on the service by far IMO is Mighty Switch Force. Mutant Mudds is a go from me, but note that the gameplay starts out a bit dry, and soon gets quite difficult.
Can't say about VVVVVV. Getting it only due to the sale.

If you like puzzlers, I'd say go for Art Of Balance: Touch as I preferred it over Pushmo since the gameplay was more addictive IMO, although there's arguably less content

Get Order Up for a different kind of game as it has loads of content, great humor and is quite addictive (If you enjoy it the way I did, you will come back a lot even after completing it)

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

KCKowalchuk

282. Posted:

Thanks for your input! Thats what I thought about Mutant Mudds from the demo. The last 2 levels were unbeatable for me. I was looking to Art of Balance as well because it looked like a good time. How much content is there for mighty switch force? I heard there wasn't many levels and that was made me a little unsure.

KCKowalchuk

AuthorMessage

RR529

283. Posted:

KCKowalchuk wrote:

Hey guys! I'm getting a $20 card tomorrow and am looking for some games that have action as well as use the 3DS' 3D well. I currently have Pushmo and 3D Kid Icarus. I'm not looking for virtual console titles, except NES. Games that interest me are Mutant Mudds and Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword, as well as VVVVV because it's on sale. What do you think?

[/div]

VVVVVV for sure. It's a better game than Mudds (although Mudds is fun), and would be my recommendation even if it weren't on sale.

I also personally love Sakura Samurai (big fan of the feudal Japanese setting).

EDIT: Now that you ask about it, Mighty Switch Force is tons of fun as well (the block switching mechanic is fresher than anything in Mudds, BTW). It has the best spritework on eShop (heck, on the system), and it's full of style to boot. Originally only had 16 levels, but they recently added 5 more, bringing the total to 21. Still not as long as VVVVVV or Mudds, but it's a few dollars cheaper as well, so it's well worth the price. Overall, I'd put it below VVVVVV (though just barely), but above Mudds.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

KCKowalchuk

284. Posted:

Thanks! Thats really helpful! So ill diliberate between VVVVV, Mighty Switch Forch, Art of Balance Touch, and Sakura Samurai.

KCKowalchuk

AuthorMessage

KCKowalchuk

285. Posted:

I just calculated. Its either Art of Balance or Sakura Samurai. What do you guys think?

KCKowalchuk

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

286. Posted:

KCKowalchuk wrote:

I just calculated. Its either Art of Balance or Sakura Samurai. What do you guys think?

ss is short but I guess it got re-play value,and AoB is limited,once you beat it theres really no replay value

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

KCKowalchuk

287. Posted:

Very true. I was looking for an action but AoB looked really cool.

KCKowalchuk

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

288. Posted:

I look upon you shamefully if you do not own Mutant Mudds. :P

Edited on by Nibelilt

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

KCKowalchuk

289. Posted:

Hey! I agree with what rayword45 said! I considered it right when I saw the trailer, but the demo fristraited me.

KCKowalchuk

AuthorMessage

RR529

290. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

Mudds is a great game, but what's the point in buying it if you don't have the two superior retro platformers yet? :P

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

291. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Nibelilt wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Mudds is a great game, but what's the point in buying it if you don't have the two superior retro platformers yet? :P

[/div]

I don't know which other one you're talking about, but... Mighty Switch Force being superior? :P Tuuuuufffff...

Edit: If you mean VVVVVV I can't say anything regarding it as it isn't out here. But Mudds is still the best 2D Platformer to me ever. :D

Edited on by Nibelilt

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

AuthorMessage

RR529

292. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Nibelilt wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I don't know which other one you're talking about, but... Mighty Switch Force being superior? :P Tuuuuufffff...

Edit: If you mean VVVVVV I can't say anything regarding it as it isn't out here. But Mudds is still the best 2D Platformer to me ever. :D

I meant both :P

Don't get me wrong I love Mudds, it just didn't seem all that magical to me. I grew up playing 8-bit and 16-bit games, but Mudds' "12-bit" style just didn't feel right (it felt too fake, IMO). In comparison, MSF! feels like a love letter to the 16-bit era, and VVVVVV actually strived to get the look of a particular system (Commodore 64). Sure it's a little more retro than what I grew up with, but when they go for a specific system, I have to give them props.

Gameplay wise, Mudds is very fun, but it's more standard approach to platforming just didn't feel quite as fresh as MSF!'s block shifting, or VVVVVV's gravity flipping.

As for difficulty, I'm all for the retro approach, but Mudds' went a little too far back when it came to bringing the pain (namely the archaic use of offscreen enemy attacks & leaps of faith in it's later moments). In contrast, VVVVVV was just as difficult (if not moreso), but in every instance it felt like devious obstacle design, instead of a trick (sans some of the "Player Levels" maybe, but you can't really fault the dev for player made content), and the generous checkpoint system made sure even the most difficult obstacles weren't infuriating. MSF! isn't as difficult as the other two, but I say that just makes it the better choice for someone wanting to get into these games.

Lastly is the price. I'll say that Mudds is worth it's admition, but I find it hard to recommend over VVVVVV (which has just as much content), which is $1 less (even more with it's current sale). Also, MSF! is less than both, again, making it the perfect entry game.

Again, I love Mudds, it has the best 3D out of the three titles (MSF! is right behind, but it's the only area in which VVVVVV struggles), It has a great soundtrack (although I prefer VVVVVV's), and great & solid gameplay (just not quite as fresh as the other two).

Just want you to know I don't dislike Mudds, I just enjoyed the others more.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

293. Posted:

Ah, it's okay. I know you don't. I just don't get why everyone loves MSF personally though, it's just not that amazing to me. Not that I'm hating though. ;)

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

294. Posted:

WHAT???

MSF is hard! only got to lvl 16. no idea how to bet the levels in the best time made by the developers

still an awesome game

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

295. Posted:

Eeyup, I agree @6ch6ris6 ... Mutant Mudds is wonderfully cruel, but I'm just not good at fast-paced games so maybe that's why I suck at MSF so badly. :|

AuthorMessage

LeasTwanteD

296. Posted:

dark-insanity wrote:

KCKowalchuk wrote:

[/div]

AoB is limited,once you beat it theres really no replay value

I wouldn't say that. There is an Endurance mode with an achievement for completing 20 levels in a row with just three lives. Dunno if that unlocks anything special but i wanna do it. It's hellishly difficult to me though and i may give up before getting that.
You also get a score there and while there are no online leaderboards there are always other ways to compete with others this way if you really want to. :)

NSFW

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

KCKowalchuk

297. Posted:

Haha this is good stuff happening! But still, AoB or SS? I could wait as well and see what comes out in the future too.

KCKowalchuk

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

298. Posted:

KCKowalchuk wrote:

Haha this is good stuff happening! But still, AoB or SS? I could wait as well and see what comes out in the future too.

well starting next week we in NA are getting good vc,like the original zelda and then in the following weeks is wario land,kid icarus myths and monsters,etc

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

299. Posted:

I have the original, "Art of Balance," WiiWare title, but I haven't experienced the superior eShop version yet. I found that, "Art of Balance," provides a very relaxing yet engaging puzzler experience. In my opinion, it's a much better puzzler than, "World of Goo". I've been playing, "Sakura Samurai," here and there. It's definitely a quality 3DSWare title. But what do expect, it was developed and published by Nintendo? If you're looking for an action title @KCKowalchuk, look no further than, "Sakura Samurai," my friend.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

KCKowalchuk

300. Posted:

I agree! Thank you very much! I will wait until next week to get something other than VVVVV. I might just do the original LoZ and a $2 game instead.
Thank you all for your input!

KCKowalchuk