3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 241 to 260 of 1,203

AuthorMessage

rayword45

241. Posted:

sak904 wrote:

Hmm... Should I get Order Up!!, Sakura Samurai, or Mutant Mudds? They all appeal to me. What do you think is the best?

[/div]

I'ma be the odd one out and POTENTIALLY say Order Up!!

People are judging off the demo, which I urge you not to because it's simply the tutorial and a cheap endless mode.

The real game is MUCH deeper then what's put out, the graphical style is nice (cartoon or retro, your pick), the game is loaded with humor and it's a much longer experience then Mutant Mudds (3-4 hours vs 10-12+).

Mutant Mudds DOMINATES the music department, retro graphics may fit your fancy and the gameplay is arguably stronger (though different to judge).

As for extras, MM features the most EPIC extra of all time, but it's after beating the game which sorta renders it useless. Order Up features what I believe is the same crappy endless mode as the demo (though other restaurants may be available) and a lot of mini-games.

Edited on by rayword45

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Shane904

242. Posted:

About how long is the story mode in Sakura Samuri?

Check out my free Android app, Paddle Ball!
Google Play Store | Amazon Appstore

[Check out Reviews by Shane!]

AuthorMessage

RR529

243. Posted:

sak904 wrote:

Hmm... Should I get Order Up!!, Sakura Samurai, or Mutant Mudds? They all appeal to me. What do you think is the best?

Sakura Samurai - This is the one I'd get if I were you. The action is very strategic and fun. There's also a bunch of minigames you can take part in, in the villages (showing off your sword skills), and you can upgrade your sword. Personally, I also love the feudal Japanese setting.

Mutant Mudds - it's a great platformer, but VVVVVV & Mighty Switch Force! would be better purchases (IMO) if you don't have them. It's not that there's anything wrong with MM, it's just that the other two platformers have more unique takes on the genre that really set them apart.

Don't know about Order Up!, though.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Birdman

244. Posted:

So, next Thursday I'm going on a 3-week trip to Fiji, New Zealand and Australia, and I want to get some games from the eShop for plane rides and stuff like that. After taxes, I'll be able to buy a maximum of 3 games worth $19 with the money I have on my account now, and I'm stuck between 5 games: Art of Balance TOUCH!, Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword, Rayman (GBC), the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, and Bomb Monkey. The main problem I have with getting any of them is that, if I get stuck at a point, I will be unable to progress further because I can't access the internet. So, keep that in mind when making recommendations from the list. Thanks!

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Birdman

245. Posted:

Yeah, I'm double posting and all that, but I haven't gotten any responses, so this is probably better. After reading the review, I'm adding Order Up!! to my list of games I need recommendations for, along with Slitherlink by Nikoli, and dropping Bomb Monkey for lack of opinion and not being worth it ($5 just seems too steep for a pick-up-and-play game imo). So, to recap, I have a few long plane flights over the next 3 weeks or so, so I want some new games to keep me busy, and I have $19 (after taxes) in my eShop account. I want games that are fairly lengthy and I can get through without use of help from the internet, so if one of the games I list unlocks new levels and stuff one at a time, please tell me so I know. I'm looking at the following games: Art of Balance: TOUCH!; Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword, Rayman (GBC), the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Slitherlink by Nikoli, and Order Up!!. Any recommendations this time?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

246. Posted:

You absolutely need Link's Awakening. It's the Zelda game that made me a fan. It's fun, charming, and you can jump! Plus it lasted me 24 hours. Sakura Samurai requires a bit of patience, because of thedifficulty I hear. I wouldn't recommended it for a plane ride. You'd probably get bored with it before the end of the ride. The action is slow paced. But if you love Punch-Out, then you can overlook everything I said and get it. It's just Punch-Out with swords. Keep in mind it does get really hard. Haven't played Rayman or Art of Balance: TOUCH!, so sorry on those. Order Up has gotten nothing but praise from CB so that's probably a safe choice. It has a lot of content.
Hope I helped.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Hokori

247. Posted:

I'm getting Wario land and OMAM for sure when they come out

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Emaan

248. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

I'm getting Wario land and OMAM for sure when they come out

Same here! :D

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

rayword45

249. Posted:

Birdman wrote:

Yeah, I'm double posting and all that, but I haven't gotten any responses, so this is probably better. After reading the review, I'm adding Order Up!! to my list of games I need recommendations for, along with Slitherlink by Nikoli, and dropping Bomb Monkey for lack of opinion and not being worth it ($5 just seems too steep for a pick-up-and-play game imo). So, to recap, I have a few long plane flights over the next 3 weeks or so, so I want some new games to keep me busy, and I have $19 (after taxes) in my eShop account. I want games that are fairly lengthy and I can get through without use of help from the internet, so if one of the games I list unlocks new levels and stuff one at a time, please tell me so I know. I'm looking at the following games: Art of Balance: TOUCH!; Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword, Rayman (GBC), the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Slitherlink by Nikoli, and Order Up!!. Any recommendations this time?

I can only speak for AoB and Order Up!!

Art of Balance is a fantastic game, with a lot of content (300 levels plus Endurance mode which is basically rush/score attack). The graphics are great and very sleek-looking (3D effect is nice but adds little) and the jazzy soundtrack is well-made. The gameplay is pretty addictive and the physics are great. Both controls schemes (touch and pad) work well. However, note that the game is DIFFICULT. Past World D, you're going to get stuck A LOT unless you have a knack for balancing and extreme precision.

Order Up!! is also a great game. There's quite a bit of content as well (after all, it was meant to be retail) with 5 restaurants, lots of mini-games and a game show final boss level. The gameplay is basically simplified Cooking Mama mixed with Diner Dash, and the formula works great. The cartoony graphical style is well done but some people may find it off-putting, the game has a lot of humorous dialogue, which doesn't feel forced, and the soundtrack is nice.
My main complaint is opposite of AoB: Touch. The game is EASY. The goals set (You need 5 stars to advance) are incredibly easy to do, which basically makes the game pretty short (I'd estimate 6-8 hours to beat it). However, unlike the iPhone version, it doesn't get tedious to do. Also note some framerate issues.

So basically, go for the one which appeals to you more based on genre, as both are prime examples in their respective genres.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

250. Posted:

I was watching Mother****er Mike (AVGN's good buddy) review some Game Gear games. Does anyone happen to know if the Ninja Gaiden he was playing is the same one on the eShop? It looked really fun. (The video is called Sega Game Gear games review by Mike Matel)

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

251. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo I think it;s Shinobi on the eShop actually.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

RR529

252. Posted:

Birdman wrote:

LoZ: LADX, & Sakura Samurai get wholehearted recommendations from me.

Link's Awakening is a full length Zelda epic, and Sakura Samurai is oozing with feudal Japanese charm (fun bosses, mini games in villages if you want a break from the action, around 30 or so levels, an unlockable "hard" mode, and even has a "thug challenge" where you can fight 30, 50, or 100 baddies non-stop).

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

253. Posted:

iPancakez wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo I think it;s Shinobi on the eShop actually.

Ooooh, you're right. Hah! Thanks.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Birdman

254. Posted:

Oh, I never got back to this page. Well, thank you all for your opinions on what I should get. Unless something incredible randomly drops in the eShop tomorrow, I've decided on the following games: Art of Balance TOUCH!, the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, and Rayman (GBC). So, yeah.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

Chuie

255. Posted:

is there a good platformer cause i have mario land 1 2 rayman and mutan mudds shantae risky revenge

Edited on by Chuie

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Hokori

256. Posted:

I recommend 3D beauty Clock

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

257. Posted:

Birdman wrote:

Oh, I never got back to this page. Well, thank you all for your opinions on what I should get. Unless something incredible randomly drops in the eShop tomorrow, I've decided on the following games: Art of Balance TOUCH!, the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, and Rayman (GBC). So, yeah.

You are going to wait until TLoZ: Link's Awakening goes on sale, aren't you? I know I am. I was already going to try and purchase Link's Awakening, but I decided I should wait and help support future eShop sales. Does anybody happen to know which weekend the discounted price for Link's Awakening will be available?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

CerealKiller528

258. Posted:

@G4L
How do you know TLoZ: Links Awakening will be on sale?

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

259. Posted:

@CerealKiller528, I was informed by NLife or somewhere else that NA will be receiving sales on the same eShop games as Europe. But our eShop sale will be spread out across next month, instead of the games being on sale all at once.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

CerealKiller528

260. Posted:

@G4L
Are you sure you're not talking about the 8 Bit Summer thing?

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.