3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 221 to 240 of 1,257

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

221. Posted:

I'm kinda interested in Picdun but not much info on that game. Anyone know a game I can compare it to?

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

222. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

So I just beat Super Mario Land and looking to get another VC game. Not sure what's out this week yet but if its nothing good on the 3DSware or VC front i need suggestions.

I've been looking at Super Mario Land 2 becuase its a natural progression and it would fit with my Fall of Mario when I pick up 3D land friday and Mario kart soon after that.

I already Own Link's awakening and Avenging spirit.

Super Mario Land 2 has better graphics and level setup - and I enjoyed it more than SML1 on the first playthrough. SML1 is better for replaying though in my opinion - and it also has a decent amount of difficulty that SML2 lacks. It's still worth the price though, unlike some of the other VC games.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Emaan

223. Posted:

So I just got Donkey Kong '94 from Club Nintendo. I'm really liking it so far!

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

224. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

I'm kinda interested in Picdun but not much info on that game. Anyone know a game I can compare it to?

From what I can tell, it's a first person action RPG where the rooms are shaped like pictures. You aren't gonna find many easy comparisons, there. Might want to check out a video or something.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

225. Posted:

I'm contemplating on downloading Mighty Switch Force, Mutant Mudds, Link's Awakening DX and Metroid II: Return of Samus. Anybody have any input on this matter? Also, exactly how many blocks does Mighty Switch Force require? I only have the SD card that came with the 3DS, so far.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

226. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I'm contemplating on downloading Mighty Switch Force, Mutant Mudds, Link's Awakening DX and Metroid II: Return of Samus. Anybody have any input on this matter? Also, exactly how many blocks does Mighty Switch Force require? I only have the SD card that came with the 3DS, so far.

If you can only get 1 right now definitely get Link's Awakening DX. It's fantastic and has the most content out of all. One of the best Zeldas ever, imo. Mighty Switch Force takes up a bit over 1000 blocks. About 200 or 400 more now, because of the 5 new levels. Completely worth it though, since the game is fantastic. I really enjoyed it a lot.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RR529

227. Posted:

G4L wrote:

In order of awesomeness, IMO.

4. Mutant Mudds - It's a fantastic platformer that plays it old school. It does nothing to reinvent the genre, but it'll take you back to a simpler era in gaming, and it poses a decent challenge from the start (even if it gets a little cheap in it's final moments).

3. Metroid II - this isn't the prettiest game out there (even by GB standards), but it's large explorable world with dozens of pulse pounding Metroid encounters have made it one of my 3DS VC favorites. You'll also get more time out of it, in comparison to other GB action titles.

2. Mighty Switch Force! - While it is a little on the short side, the game's brimming with charming personality, and fun platforming. The "switching" mechanic of the blocks feels fresh, and new block types are introduced frequently to keep it fresh. The level of sprite detail is unmatched on eShop, and while it isn't quite as difficult as MM or VVVVVV, it still offers a decent challenge later on, that never feels cheap. The new levels help flesh out playtime, and it's worth all 1800 blocks it takes up (the fact that it's cheaper than the other two neo-retro platformers doesn't hurt either).

1. LoZ: Link's Awakening DX - I was quite suprised with this game. They somehow managed to fit an entire Zelda epic onto a GB game, and it's utterly fantastic. It has a fun cast, many cool cameos, and 9 full dungeons (one of which is optional, and hidden).

BONUS. VVVVVV - unless you already have it, I'd consider getting this masterpiece as well. It can (will) be brutally difficult in parts, but it always feels like it was due to devious design instead of cheap tricks (the frequent checkpoints keep it forgiving as well). While you can get through the main game in 2-3 hours, the "Player Levels" add tons of potential playtime to your total, if you decide to tackle them (they range from painfully easy, to increadibly difficult). The music has to be heard (even if you don't get the game, listen to the soundtrack online). It also uses the whole gravity flipping mechanic in fun inventive ways.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

BenAV

228. Posted:

G4L wrote:

If you can spare the blocks for Mighty Switch Force I would definitely recommend it.
It's a complete blast and possibly my favourite eShop game yet.
It's also nice to support developers who go to the effort of giving us extra content later on, free of charge.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

akabenjy

229. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

If you can spare the blocks for Mighty Switch Force I would definitely recommend it.
It's a complete blast and possibly my favourite eShop game yet.
It's also nice to support developers who go to the effort of giving us extra content later on, free of charge.

Until Mutant Mudds next thursday. I can't wait:)

akabenjy

AuthorMessage

BenAV

230. Posted:

akabenjy wrote:

Oh, didn't realise that it was coming out next week.
Awesome... although I probably won't play it for a while due to it coming out on the same day as Heroes of Ruin.
And I still doubt it's going to top Mighty Switch Force in my opinion. :P

AuthorMessage

akabenjy

231. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

akabenjy wrote:

[/div]

Oh, didn't realise that it was coming out next week.
Awesome... although I probably won't play it for a while due to it coming out on the same day as Heroes of Ruin.
And I still doubt it's going to top Mighty Switch Force in my opinion. :P

Is HOR out next week? I preordered Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D but it keeps getting pushed back. Maybe I'll change my preorder to HOR instead. Hey do you know the best time to play MTO online because I can never find anyone to play with and I'm only 300 points away from getting my Wiggler costume?

akabenjy

AuthorMessage

BenAV

232. Posted:

akabenjy wrote:

Is HOR out next week? I preordered Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D but it keeps getting pushed back. Maybe I'll change my preorder to HOR instead. Hey do you know the best time to play MTO online because I can never find anyone to play with and I'm only 300 points away from getting my Wiggler costume?

It sure is.
$56 at EB Games, $49 at JB Hi-Fi and not sure about anywhere else, so it's pretty cheap for a brand new 3DS game.
Not sure about the best time to play Mario Tennis Open, as I haven't played for quite a while myself.
Keep trying and I'm sure you'll get there soon enough. ;)

AuthorMessage

CerealKiller528

233. Posted:

Is Art of Touch Balance worth it? Looks really fun for a puzzle game, but I'm not sure

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

234. Posted:

I don't even have the game yet @CerealKiller528, and I can already tell you it's worth it. I have the WiiWare version, and I wasn't dissapointed by that game in the least bit. You'll also be benefiting from 3-D effects, twice as much content, more precise touch-screen controls and a lower cost. I'd say that makes it worth it my friend.

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

BenAV

235. Posted:

@CerealKiller528 While it's not the best game on the eShop, Art of Balance TOUCH! is a pretty fun game that I find is great when you have a few spare minutes to complete a couple of stages.
It's not a game I'd really sit down and play for hours, but it was still well worth the investment and I'd definitely recommend it.

As for the 3D effect, I haven't really played with the 3D on so I can't say much and it doesn't seem like a game that'd benefit a huge amount from the 3D effect I wouldn't think, and the stylus controls work accurately enough but personally I find that a majority of the time I end up using the circle pad instead as that feels more precise when you're trying to carefully place a piece considering it's not affected by your hand shaking.

AuthorMessage

CerealKiller528

236. Posted:

Alright, I'm getting it.

AuthorMessage

Shane904

237. Posted:

Hmm... Should I get Order Up!!, Sakura Samurai, or Mutant Mudds? They all appeal to me. What do you think is the best?

Check out my free Android app, Paddle Ball!
Google Play Store | Amazon Appstore

[Check out Reviews by Shane!]

AuthorMessage

Emaan

238. Posted:

Out of those 3, Mutant Mudds for sure.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

CerealKiller528

239. Posted:

Mutant Mudds. Order Up! is (and I qoute) "crap" and Sakura Samurai is (and I qoute) "Punch_Out with swords".

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

240. Posted:

@CerealKiller, I believe Sakura Samurai is an excellent hack'n slash adventure. It has much more substance than Punch Out! Not to even mention the level of strategic engagement the 3-D effects offer.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro