3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 161 to 180 of 1,202

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

161. Posted:

Does anyone recommended Ketzal's Corridors? It looks really fun, but I'm not sure... How's the music and difficulty?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

162. Posted:

Sorry to keep YOU waiting, Retro. Ketzal's Corridors is an awesome game. Though the controls are a little off-putting at times, you'll get used to it and start conquering each level.

Oh, and Sonic the Hedgehod: Triple Trouble and Colors! 3D are all worth their asking price.

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

Willerz

163. Posted:

I'm still on the fence about Mighty Switch Force. Anyone care to convince me?

Twitter || Backloggery

3DS: 3780 - 9266 - 7113

AuthorMessage

rayword45

164. Posted:

Willerz wrote:

This depends on how much you enjoy puzzlers or platformers. If you love either one, then you are probably going to at least enjoy the game. Both (which is me) makes this a must-buy.

The 3D effect is about as solid as it gets for a 2D game (with cartoon-like graphics). The music is fantastic. You can look up the OST since it's free.

The length is the main problem here. Assuming you understand the game and you're good at platformers, beating the game should take less then 2 hours. Contrastly, 100 percenting it will add a bit more time.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

165. Posted:

Sakura Samurai or 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

166. Posted:

SS wasnt long and is starts being hard at the first castle,kirbys adventure is longer and well a kirby game but its based of the old kirby not the new so he lacks moves,take this to the advantage

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

167. Posted:

Sakura Samurai. Kirby's Adventure, as amazing as it is, can't really hold up to be as replayable as Sakura Samurai, with a better campaign (for me, at least).

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

Willerz

168. Posted:

I need a VC fix on my 3DS but I've already downloaded a great deal of titles. Based on what I already own, does anyone have any recommendations?

I already own:
Donkey Kong '94, Game & Watch Gallery, Kirby's Block Ball, Kirby's Dreamland, The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DX, Mario's Picross, Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge, Metroid (NES), Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3.

Also, I'm not really interested in downloading any other NES games to my 3DS.

Twitter || Backloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

169. Posted:

Willerz wrote:

I need a VC fix on my 3DS but I've already downloaded a great deal of titles. Based on what I already own, does anyone have any recommendations?

I already own:
Donkey Kong '94, Game & Watch Gallery, Kirby's Block Ball, Kirby's Dreamland, The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DX, Mario's Picross, Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge, Metroid (NES), Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3.

Gargoyle's Quest is a must. I'd also recommend Bionic Commando (swinging with the arm instead of jumping can put some people off, but if you can get used to it, this is a fantastic game, and has decent length for a GB action game). Unless you have (or want) one of the more advanced versions, I'd also get GB Tetris (the core Tetris game is still fantastic, and I've poured many more hours than I thought i would into it). On a more personal note, I also enjoyed Alleyway (it's nothing spectacular, but has over 25 levels, and I found the simple block breaking to be perfect for portable play).

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Willerz

170. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Willerz wrote:

This depends on how much you enjoy puzzlers or platformers. If you love either one, then you are probably going to at least enjoy the game. Both (which is me) makes this a must-buy.

The 3D effect is about as solid as it gets for a 2D game (with cartoon-like graphics). The music is fantastic. You can look up the OST since it's free.

The length is the main problem here. Assuming you understand the game and you're good at platformers, beating the game should take less then 2 hours. Contrastly, 100 percenting it will add a bit more time.

Thanks for the advice. I've decided that I'm definitely going to pick this up. I love platformers and it sounds as if there's plenty of puzzles in the mix too. :)
In regards to length, I do tend to try and 100% my games so that will extend it a bit, and also, I hear that 5 new levels have been added today as part of the new system update. :D

RR529 wrote:

Willerz wrote:

I already own:

Gargoyle's Quest is a must. I'd also recommend Bionic Commando (swinging with the arm instead of jumping can put some people off, but if you can get used to it, this is a fantastic game, and has decent length for a GB action game). Unless you have (or want) one of the more advanced versions, I'd also get GB Tetris (the core Tetris game is still fantastic, and I've poured many more hours than I thought i would into it). On a more personal note, I also enjoyed Alleyway (it's nothing spectacular, but has over 25 levels, and I found the simple block breaking to be perfect for portable play).

What else can you tell me about Gargoyle's Quest? I've thought about purchasing it before. :)
How would you rate the difficulty of Bionic Commando?
I've already got Tetris Party Live DSiWare so I have no need to purchase the original Tetris really. Likewise for Alleyway, I actually bought Kirby's Block Ball as an alternative to it as the game play is similar.

Twitter || Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

171. Posted:

Still can't pick between Kirby's Adventure or Sakura Samurai. I'll get both eventually, but which first? Since it'll be a while before I get the second game.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

172. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo
I have Kirby's Adventure, it is not a long game it took me about six hours, but it could easily take four or less if you are really good. However it has TON of Charm and great music, the 3D on the other hand is sub-par however I think you can turn it up in the setting menu. Sakura Samurai I haven't played but it looks good.

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

173. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Still can't pick between Kirby's Adventure or Sakura Samurai. I'll get both eventually, but which first? Since it'll be a while before I get the second game.

you might as well go on youtube to wartch a little gameplay of each

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

RR529

174. Posted:

Willerz wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

Willerz wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I've decided that I'm definitely going to pick this up. I love platformers and it sounds as if there's plenty of puzzles in the mix too. :)
In regards to length, I do tend to try and 100% my games so that will extend it a bit, and also, I hear that 5 new levels have been added today as part of the new system update. :D

RR529 wrote:

Willerz wrote:

I already own:

What else can you tell me about Gargoyle's Quest? I've thought about purchasing it before. :)
How would you rate the difficulty of Bionic Commando?
I've already got Tetris Party Live DSiWare so I have no need to purchase the original Tetris really. Likewise for Alleyway, I actually bought Kirby's Block Ball as an alternative to it as the game play is similar.

Gargoyle's Quest is an action Platformer in the vein of Mega Man (and is made by Capcom as well). It's part RPG, as you'll travel an overworld, visit towns, go to dungeons, and it even has a random battles, but the action is pure platforming bliss. Whenever you enter a dungeon (bridge or cave, as well) it plays out like any other action Platformer (start at the beginning of the stage, and keep moving to the end, where there's usually a boss). You jump, have limited flight (think Mutant Mudds), shoot (fire), and you'll even cling to walls. It's a unique game, but if you liked Mega Man, you'll enjoy this. You should never get lost, as the overworld is very linear (maybe once or twice you have to go back to a previous area, and it's always one that was close by). The random battles take you to a little "arena" with a few enemies, and you dispatch them just like you would in the dungeons.

Bionic Commando is made by Capcom as well, so it retains the trademark difficulty of their games from the era (the final boss was insanely difficult, IMO), so if you enjoy that (like me), it's a great game. It's also longer than any other action GB game I've played.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

RR529

175. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

They're both great, but I'd choose Sakura Samurai first. It's simply the longer game. But you can't go wrong with either.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

luck_Master

176. Posted:

Hi, I'm new to this board and Id like some recomendations from you.
I got something like 6$ on the eshop (but can put 4$ more if needed), so what good games do you recomend me? A 3dsware, some dsiware?
I got only : Pushmo, Go series: undead storm, Escape go! and Art Style pictobits.
Thanks.

3DS FC: 2921-9443-5866

AuthorMessage

RR529

177. Posted:

luck_Master wrote:

I got something like 6$ on the eshop (but can put 4$ more if needed), so what good games do you recomend me? A 3dsware, some dsiware?
I got only : Pushmo, Go series: undead storm, Escape go! and Art Style pictobits.
Thanks.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX. Easily the most important digital buy for any 3DS owner. If you insist on 3DSWare however, VVVVVV is currently the best Platformer on the digital service. Also, Sakura Samurai is my personal favorite out of the 3DSWare offerings.

Don't be fooled by the Mutant Mudds hype. It's a great game for sure, but it takes the cheap route to ensure difficulty in the later stages (getting attacked by off screen enemies, and leaps of faith). It's a great game worth a download for any regular eShop buyer, but it's not the best thing since sliced bread as some would have you believe. The gameplay is solid, but the design feels more "safe" than VVVVVV's unique flipping mechanic.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

luck_Master

178. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

luck_Master wrote:

Thanks.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX. Easily the most important digital buy for any 3DS owner. If you insist on 3DSWare however, VVVVVV is currently the best Platformer on the digital service. Also, Sakura Samurai is my personal favorite out of the 3DSWare offerings.

Don't be fooled by the Mutant Mudds hype. It's a great game for sure, but it takes the cheap route to ensure difficulty in the later stages (getting attacked by off screen enemies, and leaps of faith). It's a great game worth a download for any regular eShop buyer, but it's not the best thing since sliced bread as some would have you believe. The gameplay is solid, but the design feels more "safe" than VVVVVV's unique flipping mechanic.

Thank you for the reply, I really like zelda but I'm interested im Sakura Samurai as well, will get both, but which to get first? Which will offer more for the price? Also are any dsiware game good? Especially the 2$ and 5$ ones. I may get one of the cheap along with one of the first choice. Thanks again.

3DS FC: 2921-9443-5866

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

179. Posted:

luck_Master wrote:

RR529 wrote:

luck_Master wrote:

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply, I really like zelda but I'm interested im Sakura Samurai as well, will get both, but which to get first? Which will offer more for the price? Also are any dsiware game good? Especially the 2$ and 5$ ones. I may get one of the cheap along with one of the first choice. Thanks again.

Links Awakening would probably last you longer, or long enough. I have 21 hours of playtime on it, and the only other GB(C) game I have that comes close is Mario Picross at 11 hours.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

180. Posted:

If I could request one, somewhat simple but fun, old Gameboy game in the Virtual Console, I think it would be Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins.
It's easy to pick up and the controls are pretty easy to get the hang of. It's somewhat like over Mario, platformers, but at the same time, has it's own feel and look to it. Even though it's an old Gameboy game, you can make out everything you come up to. To me, it looks pretty clean, if that makes sense.
It's not too difficult of a game for the most part (with a tough level thrown in here or there...such as the last level). It also has a few little secrets to find, and some pretty cool power ups.
This is one that's easy for me to pick up and play on 15 min breaks from work too....I wish Kid Icarus Uprising was that easy to play up, play for a few min, and put back down...but that's another story :p
If you haven't played SML2, give it a shot!

Edited on by Joshers744

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
XBL : Jataylor744

My 3DS friend code is : 4639-9014-2585Online games i have right now : MK7, Mario Tennis O, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing : New Leaf

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744