3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 141 to 160 of 1,202

AuthorMessage

I-U

141. Posted:

KCKowalchuk wrote:

Hello! So I'm looking for a action / plat former on the eShop, but I don't know which one! For the remaining $12.17 I have left, I have 3 potential combinations:
1: Mutant Mudds with a remaining <$2 for the next time I add money,
2: Super Mario Bros ($5) and Metroid ($5)
3: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX ($6) and Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins ($4) or another title equal or less than that one.
What do you guys think?

It's time you got dirty with option 1. :P

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

Emaan

142. Posted:

Are the 3D Classics games better than the originals? Are they really worth the $2 more than what I can buy on the Wii Virtual Console? I can't make up my mind, I need opinions.

Edit : I'm specifically wondering about Kirby's Adventure and Kid Icarus.

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

VincentV

143. Posted:

I-U wrote:

KCKowalchuk wrote:

Hello! So I'm looking for a action / plat former on the eShop, but I don't know which one! For the remaining $12.17 I have left, I have 3 potential combinations:
1: Mutant Mudds with a remaining <$2 for the next time I add money,
2: Super Mario Bros ($5) and Metroid ($5)
3: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX ($6) and Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins ($4) or another title equal or less than that one.
What do you guys think?

It's time you got dirty with option 1. :P

Funny. I'd take any of them. Speaking of which, I'd better get Mutant Mudds myself.

iPhone 6: 2% thinner, 5% more battery life, 18% more expensive* (with inflation taken into account), 2 months newer, & handmade by Chinese slave labor in undisclosed location!

AWESOME IDEA

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

144. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

Are the 3D Classics games better than the originals? Are they really worth the $2 more than what I can buy on the Wii Virtual Console? I can't make up my mind, I need opinions.

Well, sort of. I would say no to kirby's adventure since it's not truly 3D, instead the foreground sprites are just distanced from the background. Granted, the rotating levels do look quite the cool, but otherwise nothing special. Apparently the wii version might have lag though, and I've never experienced any slowdown on my 3ds.

As for kid icarus, it's a somewhat better deal. The original Pit controls like a brick in my opinion, and there is an option to fix that and make it much smoother in the 3d classics version. The 3d effect is basically the same in kirby where sprites and backgrounds are separated, although I must say Kid Icarus looks better since it has an overall darker tone.

the only game really which has a huge difference from the VC version is Urban Champion, which gets a very cool 3D isometric kind of viewpoint. I doubt you'd want to pay money just to see that though.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
Interested in games as art?

"This is the best gift I can give to you right now. A gift without form called "memory". I don't have any money. I can't buy you anything with form. Even so, even without a form, a memory will last forever! I believe that it will."

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Terave

145. Posted:

Squid wrote:

So I've got an extra $1.99 in my account. Is there anything currently in the eShop that's worth it, or should I keep it and save myself a few bucks for a future game?

Aura Aura Climber is a good choice. I disapprove Pop Island: Paperfield as a good choice: It's not that good. At least, that's my experience with it.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

146. Posted:

So Im picking up a 3DS eshop card next week and I need some suggestions on what to get. Here is what I already own.

Avenging Spirit
Blaster Master: Enemy Below
Kirby's Dream Land
Metroid II: Return of Samus
SonicL Triple Trouble
Super Mario Land
The Legend of Zelda: link's Awakening DX
Fun Fun Minigolf touch
Mighty Switch Force
Mutant Mudds
Pushmo
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
3D classics Twinbee
3D classics Xevious
Art Style AQUIA
Dark Void Zero
IVY the Kiwi
Metal Torrent
Mighty Switch Force
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords

Huh looking at that list I have to finish alot of these. Was thinking completing my mighty series collection by getting Milky Way.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

147. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

i own most of the 3d classics (needing ki)and i must say they are great,you wont enjoy it if you dont like classic games but if you like retro then its good,for kirbys adventure the 3d effect effects the background by having stuff closer to the screen then other stuff,in the 2 shooter the 3d effect shows your ship flying above ground and it looks deep and the 3d effect can effect the enviroment by having hills pop towards the screen,in urban champion ship back ground pops out,and in excite bike the 3d effect shows the depth in the tracks,hope this helps

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Birdman

148. Posted:

@shingi - Here are my picks from the eShop you should look at in no particular order:
CATRAP, Aura-Aura Climber, Donkey Kong (GB), Mario's Picross, Digger Dan & Kaboom, VVVVVV, GO Series: Undead Storm, Radar Mission, A Kappa's Trail, Punch-Out!! featuring Mr. Dream, Number Battle, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Spotto!, Trajectile, Dillon's Rolling Western, X-Scape, and Starship Defense. Yeah, I know that's $93 in games, but they're all worth looking into.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Emaan

149. Posted:

I'm hopefully going to get Pushmo really soon!

How do Virtual Console games play on 3DS, do they look good?

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

150. Posted:

The Games look good. The Game Gear games have more options to make the emulation as close as possible too Game Gear. You change the color of the GB game screen to be gray and black or that weird Green color they had going on. You can also change the aspect ratio.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Emaan

151. Posted:

How about Game Boy Color games? Is the resolution bad or the color washed out like DS games are or does it look good?

Edited on by Emaan

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

152. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

How about Game Boy Color games? Is the resolution bad or the color washed out like DS games are or does it look good?

Yes, the games look good.

Is anyone picking up Colors! 3D? If you had, is it good? Does it accommodate doodlers like me well with a in-depth tutorial?

Also, Ketzal's Corridors and Block Factory looks good to purchase later on. Not sure on Bird Mania 3D, though.

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

mastersworddude

153. Posted:

There is NO way to get Four Swords anymore?

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

AuthorMessage

JohnDoe123

154. Posted:

mastersworddude wrote:

There is NO way to get Four Swords anymore?

No, I don't think there is. Unless you wanted to transfer a copy from someone's DSi to your 3DS.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

AuthorMessage

liavcol

155. Posted:

I recommend on Pushmo. But if you are like me that playing only one game at the time I recommend to buy a good action game like Call of Duty for the Wii or DS or any good action game and only then to play Pushmo (as a rest for another action game)!

Email: liavcol@gmail.com
3DS friend code: 4768-7500-0239
Currently Playing:
Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (DS)

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

156. Posted:

So, Mutant Mudds, Sonic Triple Trouble or wait for something more interesting.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

157. Posted:

I recommend Pushmo, Colors 3D (buying it this week, but I tried and loved it), KI 3D classics, Dillons Rolling Western, and SMB. Those are my top 5 eShop games.
@GuardianKing Try the Mutant Mudds demo first, I would recommend this or colors3D over triple trouble.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more!
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

158. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

No, the game hasnt been resized awkwardly like with DS/DSiWare games.
You can, like the Game Boy games, play them in original resolution or scaled up.
I only have Links Awakening for GBC games atm, but it looks great.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Emaan

159. Posted:

Thanks I've been holding off from getting Virtual Console games on my 3DS for a while, now I think I'll get a few!

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

liavcol

160. Posted:

If there is anyone here that bought the 3DS before the price cut I recommend to try the following free games:
-Metroid Fusion
-The Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap
-Mario VS. Donkey Kong

Email: liavcol@gmail.com
3DS friend code: 4768-7500-0239
Currently Playing:
Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (DS)