3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,237

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tops

1,201. Posted:

Any impressions on Wakedas? The demo is pretty good but I'm not sure if I have the patience for the larger areas/more difficult levels. Also the balancing seems off as it can be quite difficult until you get the "So Close" message and then I feel like the answer can become too dependant on trial and error, looking for the one move to finish the puzzle. Still a solid game though, don't get me wrong. Any thoughts?

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tobias95

1,202. Posted:

Whats the block size for yumas odd odysse?

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stu13

1,203. Posted:

Never let it be said that I didn't tell you guys how awesome Smash Cat Heroes is.

I think Nintendo games are cool, and good.
Proud veteran of the Bit Wars.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647
NNID: Stu000

Twitter: Stu_Hell

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Imagamerboi

1,204. Posted:

Get Steel Diver Sub Wars its free and a lot of fun and you can get the full multiplayer in the free version say yay :D

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ForeverIgnited

1,205. Posted:

Ok, should I either get Punch-Out or Super Mario Bros. 3?

Every Villain is Lemons... otherwise known as evil!
Waiting for: Shovel Knight, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Sonic Lost World, newest Super Smash

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

1,206. Posted:

I have a little over $2.00 on my eShop account, and am wondering if Pix 3D is worth it (it's on sale for $1.99 for the time being)?

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

netroz

1,207. Posted:

Hi everyone! I'm a very recent 3DS owner, and very happy with it.
I know Nintendo owns the Castlevania franchise, and I expected to see the DS games on the e-shop (can't find them in my country) but late I realize they were not there :(. I'm disregarding Castlevania: LoS-MoF since I got bad comments from it..

Is there any game like that on the eshop, I did saw some of the classics, are they worth buying? Soul of Darkness seemed neat, but I heard you can finish it in 2 hours, no replay value.... I'm looking for something with that kind of gameplay, and with hours to spend time in. Any suggestion is very welcomed :)

netroz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bakajin

1,208. Posted:

You are misinformed, netroz; Konami owns the Castlevania franchise, not Nintendo. Besides Mirror of Fate, the only Castlevania games you're going to find are the NES/Game Boy ones. There are no DS retail games on the eShop, and likewise no GBAdvance games (yet? soon, hopefully?) and Symphony of the Night was Playstation 1, so you're S.O.L. when it comes to the metroidvanias.

But to answer your question, yeah, I bought Soul of Darkness on the strength of the recommendation from this site but I was disappointed. Two hours and no replay is about right. If I remember correctly there was an experience system that was probably intended to give it some replay but I haven't ever had the desire to jump back into it.

As much as I love the first Game Boy game, I can't really recommend it. I love it due to nostalgia, but if you're not 11 years old and playing your first Castlevania it's not quite as good. CVs 1 & 3 for the NES are both good games, ah who am I kidding, they're both great games, but they're part of the reason the term "Nintendo hard" was coined. Don't pick them up expecting anything like modern Castlevania. When you play them you need to memorize enemy patterns and have very precise jumping and whipping skills, so maybe not up your alley.

As far as a good metroidvania-style game without the Castlevania brand, the only thing I have on my SD card right now is SteamWorld Dig, and I recommend that wholeheartedly. The exploration is meatier than the combat, but it's loads of fun. About eight dollars for ten hours, I've replayed it once and I'm sure I'll replay it again in the future.

Edited on by Bakajin

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

netroz

1,209. Posted:

Thanks a lot Bakajin fr your reply. Yeah, I didn't mean it like that, your correction is right . What I meant was that Nintendo systems are the ones owning CV games nowadays (classic style.. not LoS)
Being old as I am, I guess taking a classic Castlevania would be fun for a while, but having played SoTN 4 times, and Aria of Sorrow among others, I don't feel like going back, mostly because I don't want to ruin precious memories with the oldies making comparisons.

On the other hand, thanks for recommending Steamworld Dig, I've been giving it a thought but wasn't sure about the replay value, specially since all reviews says that it has not. I'm eager to give a shot though, thanks for that push.

You show good taste!! :)
Would it be too much to ask for a dungeon crawler recommendation? Not turn/based would be great (bought 3 turn based rpgs along with my very first 3ds a month ago, and don't want to get tired of that style...yet)

netroz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

unrandomsam

1,210. Posted:

Bakajin wrote:

You are misinformed, netroz; Konami owns the Castlevania franchise, not Nintendo. Besides Mirror of Fate, the only Castlevania games you're going to find are the NES/Game Boy ones. There are no DS retail games on the eShop, and likewise no GBAdvance games (yet? soon, hopefully?) and Symphony of the Night was Playstation 1, so you're S.O.L. when it comes to the metroidvanias.

But to answer your question, yeah, I bought Soul of Darkness on the strength of the recommendation from this site but I was disappointed. Two hours and no replay is about right. If I remember correctly there was an experience system that was probably intended to give it some replay but I haven't ever had the desire to jump back into it.

As much as I love the first Game Boy game, I can't really recommend it. I love it due to nostalgia, but if you're not 11 years old and playing your first Castlevania it's not quite as good. CVs 1 & 3 for the NES are both good games, ah who am I kidding, they're both great games, but they're part of the reason the term "Nintendo hard" was coined. Don't pick them up expecting anything like modern Castlevania. When you play them you need to memorize enemy patterns and have very precise jumping and whipping skills, so maybe not up your alley.

As far as a good metroidvania-style game without the Castlevania brand, the only thing I have on my SD card right now is SteamWorld Dig, and I recommend that wholeheartedly. The exploration is meatier than the combat, but it's loads of fun. About eight dollars for
ten hours, I've replayed it once and I'm sure I'll replay it again in the future.

SoN is also on the 360 (And PSP with Rondo of Blood) so if it is Konami's interest they can do it.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

1,211. Posted:

What ever happened to Shovel Knight? Isn't it suppose to be out by now? oh well.....

Anyways, I want a platform game which is short, replayable and something that has a great game feel. I tried Gunman Clive and Steam World Dig but those games aren't much of game feel.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

unrandomsam

1,212. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

What ever happened to Shovel Knight? Isn't it suppose to be out by now? oh well.....

Anyways, I want a platform game which is short, replayable and something that has a great game feel. I tried Gunman Clive and Steam World Dig but those games aren't much of game feel.

2nd July for Shovel Knight (Delayed for PC as well because of Nintendo).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tops

1,213. Posted:

Posted this in the game's forum but thought I'd ask here too. How is Alien on the Run? I tried the demo and it's okay but I'm not sure if the full version gets repetitive or if it has decent level variety.

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HandheldGuru97

1,214. Posted:

Hey guys! So I just finished up Another World on my 3DS and I am looking for a nice long eShop game. I have a ton of eShop games so I can't name them al here, but my budget is about $11 (including tax) so that should narrow it down. What is a good long (expensive) game or a few cheaper games that might keep me occupied for awhile????? Thanks!

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OrangeCluster

1,215. Posted:

Kinda goes against the purpose of the topic but since I can't seem to find the right one I might as well ask here.

So I want to buy the Streetpass Combo Pack but I can't seem to find it, what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason apparently I had to fiddle around a bit because it only triggered the Combo Pack after getting info about three of the four games, weird.

Edited on by OrangeCluster

OrangeCluster

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Zizzy

1,216. Posted:

I'm kind of new to eShop titles (exclusively eShop), just wondering what some good hits are. For an idea of what I play, here's the titles already on my list of games to download:

-Another World
-Gunman Clive
-Tappingo
-Mutant Mudds

Don't let GameStop rip you off. Support used gaming and check out 99Gamers. Best trading service I've used.

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OrangeCluster

1,217. Posted:

Pullblox/Fallblox are really good, Mighty Switch Force, Crimson Shroud, Retro City Rampage and Steamworld Dig are good choices as well. If you want to step it up a bit there are some pricier games that are worth checking out, namely Kokuga, Sayonara Umihara Kawase and Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. Oh, and Cave Story too if you never played it.

OrangeCluster

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

1,218. Posted:

So, how many blocks does Urban Trial Freestyle take up? I've had it on my wishlist for awhile, and seeing as how it's on sale for $1.99, I figured I can't pass it up, but I want to be sure I have the space.

Zizzy wrote:

I'm kind of new to eShop titles (exclusively eShop), just wondering what some good hits are. For an idea of what I play, here's the titles already on my list of games to download:

-Another World
-Gunman Clive
-Tappingo
-Mutant Mudds

  • Cave Story (Metroidvania)
  • VVVVVV (platformer)
  • Crimson Shroud (RPG)
  • Liberation Maiden (Shump?)
  • Picross e series (puzzle)
  • 3D Kirby's Adventure (platformer)
  • 3D Kid Icarus (platformer)
  • Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale (interactive story/card game)
  • The Starship Damrey (Point & Click adventure)
  • Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (action)
  • Mighty Switch Force! (puzzle platformer)
  • NightSky (puzzle platformer)
  • The Denpa Men series (RPG)
  • 3D TwinBee (Shump)
  • Bugs VS Tanks (action)

From my experience, these are all VERY good, and worth a look. That's not even counting the wealth of treasures in the VC, either (classic Zelda, Mario, Kirby, etc.).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RabidPikachu

1,219. Posted:

I need some reccomendations on either RPGs of any style or classic platformers that are simple enough to where I don't have to create restore points every few steps to keep from losing progress. Like easier than Mario 3 but harder than Kirby 1. Any suggestions?

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadowChaos

1,220. Posted:

which game should I buy Bravely Default, The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds, or Kirby Triple Deluxe

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.