3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,245

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MarkS27

1,181. Posted:

liavcol wrote:

Hi, I have 6.93$ on my eShop. What game are you recommending for that price?
I'm looking for a game that has some kind of plot. No need for a whole story, I just want a purpose for the game. Even story like the ones of Mario games are ok.

The games I have thought of so far for that price are:
-Gunman Clive (I don't know if this game has a story).
-Ikachan (need more opinions on it).

Virtual Console games are also ok although I'm not considering a cutscene before the title screen as a the story...

That's it, if you can tell me a little about the game you are recommending like what is it's story and a little about the gameplay that would be great!
Thanks!

Gunman Clive is a fantastic game and it is very cheap! There is a basic story which similar to the Mario platformers. You pick a male character or a female character to play as, and the character that you don't pick gets kidnapped in a short cutscene at the start of the game. The gameplay involves you jumping across platforms and shootings enemies, as you make your way through 20 stages, with four bosses, one being at the end of each area. It is a great game and has 3 difficulty settings, so it is suitable from anyone from a beginner to an experienced gamer.

MarkS27

3DS Friend Code: 3282-1883-4630 | Nintendo Network ID: MarkS27

AuthorMessage
Avatar

unrandomsam

1,182. Posted:

I think Oracle of Ages has the best story of anything I have played on the eshop. (Much better than a Link Between Worlds).

Gunman Clive barely has a story.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage
Avatar

liavcol

1,183. Posted:

MarkS27 wrote:

liavcol wrote:

Hi, I have 6.93$ on my eShop. What game are you recommending for that price?
I'm looking for a game that has some kind of plot. No need for a whole story, I just want a purpose for the game. Even story like the ones of Mario games are ok.

The games I have thought of so far for that price are:
-Gunman Clive (I don't know if this game has a story).
-Ikachan (need more opinions on it).

Virtual Console games are also ok although I'm not considering a cutscene before the title screen as a the story...

That's it, if you can tell me a little about the game you are recommending like what is it's story and a little about the gameplay that would be great!
Thanks!

Gunman Clive is a fantastic game and it is very cheap! There is a basic story which similar to the Mario platformers. You pick a male character or a female character to play as, and the character that you don't pick gets kidnapped in a short cutscene at the start of the game. The gameplay involves you jumping across platforms and shootings enemies, as you make your way through 20 stages, with four bosses, one being at the end of each area. It is a great game and has 3 difficulty settings, so it is suitable from anyone from a beginner to an experienced gamer.

Thanks for your opinion, although I do have to ask: How much is there for this game? It is really really short doesn't it? And one more thing: Is this game uses saves? I mean, can I leave the game and then return to the same stage I was at?

Email: liavcol@gmail.com
3DS friend code: 4768-7500-0239
Currently Playing:
Kung Fu Rabbit (Wii U)

Nintendo Network ID: LiavKatry

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HeroOfCybertron

1,184. Posted:

Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters is one of the game on Club Nintendo this month, how is it compared to NES Kid Icarus and the 3D Classics Kid Icarus?

Nintendo Network ID: MegaManPrime
Bah-Weep-Graaaaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

1,185. Posted:

HeroOfCybertron wrote:

Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters is one of the game on Club Nintendo this month, how is it compared to NES Kid Icarus and the 3D Classics Kid Icarus?

I personally liked it more than the original. Gameplay wise it's very similar to the original (3 Underworld stages, Fortress, 3 Human World stages, Fortress, 3 Angel Land stages, Fortress, Final Boss level).

The stage layouts are all new of course, the graphics (while black & white) are more detailed (due to the closer camera), and it's bosses are entirely different than the first game's (I enjoyed this game's bosses more).

It is a bit easier than the first one, if memory serves. I'd say it's worth it for free through CN.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HeroOfCybertron

1,186. Posted:

@RR529 Thank you I'll be picking up Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters from Club Nintendo I get a chance.

Nintendo Network ID: MegaManPrime
Bah-Weep-Graaaaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong

AuthorMessage
Avatar

spizzamarozzi

1,187. Posted:

I'm looking for some 3DS eShop games that support online versus against someone in friend list...any genre is welcome - card games, board games, racing games - anything!

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Andyv01

1,188. Posted:

Zen pinball sale time!... ermmm... questions if I may...
Ive only ever played pinball on a real table so... I'll only be buying either marvel or star wars version incase its not my cup of tea.
Question is... although i'd rather go for the Star Wars version, im concerned about afew issues mentioned in the review here at NL.
Does the SW version suit the small screen? or was it clearly designed for home consoles and squeezed down abit too far? If the Wii U version didnt exist would you still recommend the 3DS SW?
Also, is the Marvel version better suited/just superior? ill be using a 3DS XL without 3D effect.
Thanks for your time.

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

樹懶です!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cheapogamer4life

1,189. Posted:

I have both Marvel and the Star Wars table for the xl. While I don't play much with the 3d turned off I would say that Marvel has the better tables. It is true about the Star Wars table not looking as good because theirs just to much going on. Since most of the Marvel tables are graphical simple it seems like Zen took the time to polish them up to stand out. The problem isn't that SW doesn't suit the screen but the screen resolution of the 3ds is so low that every looks a little dull when you compared to the Vita or mobile versions of the game.

Since I don't have a Wii u yet my advice would be to get Marvel of the 3ds and if you like it then wait for SW pinball to go on sale on the Wii u.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cheapogamer4life

1,190. Posted:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

I'm looking for some 3DS eShop games that support online versus against someone in friend list...any genre is welcome - card games, board games, racing games - anything!

Puzzle: Tetris Axis
Marvel Pinball
I think I seen Super Street Fighter 4, Kid Icarus :Uprising and Mario Tennis Open in the EShop too though I'm not sure.

You may want to download the Swap Note app and message your friends to see which ones they are playing.

Edit: oh, Steel Driver: Sub Wars is pretty popular and free!

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cheapogamer4life

1,191. Posted:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

Are any of the street pass dlc games any good? I'd like to keep a variety of games on my system. Its been a while since I've bought a e shop card so I'm kinda excited to be getting one at a great price at best buy today. Something with a high replay value would be best.

Bump :)

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Taco_Human

1,192. Posted:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

Are any of the street pass dlc games any good? I'd like to keep a variety of games on my system. Its been a while since I've bought a e shop card so I'm kinda excited to be getting one at a great price at best buy today. Something with a high replay value would be best.

Bump :)

I just watched this video on youtube because I wanted to see what they looked like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okqgbBx1l5E

I don't own it, but it looks like the mansion is the only one worth buying. I'd vote for that.

derp

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Red_XIII

1,193. Posted:

As Spin the bottle: bumpies party costs 11.70 here, I have 19.22 dollars left. This means I can get either
Pokémon Link Battle or Attack of the Friday Monsters
Super Mario Bros 2 or Shantae

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Andyv01

1,194. Posted:

@cheapogamerforlife thanks for the recommendation, went for Marvel in the end and glad of it : )

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

樹懶です!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tops

1,195. Posted:

Is Rayman Origins good? I'm only considering it with the Ubisoft sale on

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

1,196. Posted:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

Is Rayman Origins good? I'm only considering it with the Ubisoft sale on

I have it on Wii and it is awesome. I think there is a 3DS Demo

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

1,197. Posted:

Just got Mutant Mudds and played it for a while. So far, its ok not that great. Oh well.....atleast I still have 44$ left and I can't wait to get Shovel Knight and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball and Pirate's Curse.

I wish I could get all the Zelda VC games on my 3DS man......but Rusty's Real Deal looks really fun to play.......:(

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

smatilofy

1,198. Posted:

There is a sale, I want to know which is better; Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, or Etrian Odyssey 4. I just need someone's opinion who played these game.

smatilofy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Zalbet

1,199. Posted:

smatilofy wrote:

There is a sale, I want to know which is better; Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, or Etrian Odyssey 4. I just need someone's opinion who played these game.

It depends on what kind of game you want. EO 4 is a dungeon crawling RPG and Shadow Wars a tactics game. Both are really good, but you can get Shadow Wars cheaper at Amazon. There is also a demo for EO 4, should help you make up your mind.

I'm not good at this signature stuff...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

smatilofy

1,200. Posted:

Zalbet wrote:

It depends on what kind of game you want. EO 4 is a dungeon crawling RPG and Shadow Wars a tactics game. Both are really good, but you can get Shadow Wars cheaper at Amazon. There is also a demo for EO 4, should help you make up your mind.

I didn't know you can get Shadow Wars at a cheaper price. That reason alone would make me want to get EO 4. Thank you.

smatilofy