3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,246

AuthorMessage

Andyv01

1,141. Posted:

no idea why rage of the gladiator isnt selling too well even on sale, pick up and play wise its great stuff :)

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

樹懶です!

AuthorMessage

mimi85

1,142. Posted:

The 15 $ for Kokuga are quite fair. In Japan, it is a normal retail game which is also offered in the Eshop. And the price is much higher.

mimi85

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,143. Posted:

Just got a $20 eShop card, and want to know which combination of these should I get:

• Zelda: Oracle of Ages
  • Retro City Rampage DX
  • Kirby's Dreamland 2
  • Mighty Switch Force! 2
  • Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
  • 3D Shinobi III
  • 3D Galaxy Force II
  • Summer Carnival '92 Recca
  • Shantae
  • Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder
  • the Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves
  • Jett Rocket 2: the Wrath of Taikai

If it's not on the list, assume I already have it, or don't want it. I'm thinking about starting with OoA since I've already played OoS, but I'd like some input.

I'm a bit partial to RPGs, Action-Adventure, & "Metroidvania", but I'm game for anything.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,144. Posted:

Decided to start out with OoA, but still, based on the list above, I'd still like to get recommendations for my other $14.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

1,145. Posted:

Really depends on what experiences you're looking for. I would say that Attack of the Friday Monsters is must play material since I think you're more likely to know about Japanese culture than most? I liked nearly all of the other games on your list. Just don't get Jett Rocket 2. It's not bad, but I'd recommend most of your list over it lol

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,146. Posted:

^Yeah, I've been itching to try that one (AotFM), so that'll probably be my next game after I'm done with OoA, and then I'll finish off the last $6 with Shantae.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Red_XIII

1,147. Posted:

Attack of the Friday monsters, the full steel diver submarine wars, shantae, resi the mercenaries, what should I get?

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage

Tops

1,148. Posted:

^ get Friday Monsters while it's on sale, well worth it in my opinion

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,149. Posted:

@Red_XIII, grab Attack of the Friday Monsters & the free version of Steel Diver: Sub Wars.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Tops

1,150. Posted:

How is Avenging Spirit as a VC game? Seems like it has an interesting gameplay mechanic

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,151. Posted:

Avenging Spirit is a pretty fun and very challanging game, it has a really cool mechanic that's just being itched to revisited these days.

Need some reccomendations right now I have
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Donkey kong
Avenging Spirit
Kirby's dreamland
Metroid II
Sword of Hope II
Links Awakening
Mario Golf
Toki Tori
Blaster Master
Sonic triple Trouble
Defender of Oasis
Shining Force II

In the mood for a platformer. Thinking shante or Zelda.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,152. Posted:

@Shingi_70, since you only listed VC games, I'm assuming you only want VC recommendations?

• Gargoyle's Quest (intense classic Capcom platforming, mixed with RPG style world exploration & upgrades)
  • Bionic Commando (intense classic Capcom run n' gun platformer)
  • Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (It's Mega Man, so you know what you're getting yourself into)
  • Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons (both very good Zelda games that you can't go wrong with. I personally liked Ages better, but it comes down to whether you want something combat oriented, in which case get Seasons, or puzzle oriented, in which case get Ages)

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

1,153. Posted:

Has anyone played Inazuma Eleven before? Would you mind giving a rundown of how the game goes? All I know is that it's a football RPG and it's super popular in some places. I'm still not sure if I'd enjoy it though.

Also, is Rage of the Gladiator any good?

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

McFox

1,154. Posted:

Rage of the Gladiator is an excellent punch out style game. Give it a try. @Jollykarp

I like tears.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-7078-8765 | Nintendo Network ID: TheHammerBros

AuthorMessage

Rain_Blackblood

1,155. Posted:

I'm getting 2 $20 cards today and I want to buy an RPG. $5 is going to a year of Pokébank. I've been looking at Etrian Odyssey and Shin Megami Tensei, but I can't seem to decide. Any suggestions? As a side note, I dislike trpg/srpg.

Rain_Blackblood

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

1,156. Posted:

What is the size of Inazuma Eleven, in blocks?

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

Tops

1,157. Posted:

Tobias95 wrote:

What is the size of Inazuma Eleven, in blocks?

Just under 4000
Here's a link that lists eShop game file sizes (it seems to pretty much have everything) it should be useful for future reference if anyone needs it
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730057

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

1,158. Posted:

Thanks, thats much smaller than the teribble 13.000 bomb blast had ^^

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

Rain_Blackblood

1,159. Posted:

Rain_Blackblood wrote:

I'm getting 2 $20 cards today and I want to buy an RPG. $5 is going to a year of Pokébank. I've been looking at Etrian Odyssey and Shin Megami Tensei, but I can't seem to decide. Any suggestions? As a side note, I dislike trpg/srpg.

Reposting to be sure it'll be seen. Would appreciate any assistance.

Rain_Blackblood

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,160. Posted:

@Rain_Blackblood, if you're open to grabbing a few "Download Only" JRPGs instead of one "Retail Download", I suggest:

• Crimson Shroud (On sale for $3 currently, usually $8) - This is a critically acclaimed game that pays homage to the birth of the RPG genre, by taking several queues from classic table top RPGs. A single playthrough lasts around 10 hours, but to get the full story, you'll need to tackle the tougher "New Game +" as well.
  • the Sword of Hope II ($3) - This is a Game Boy JRPG, so it's a bit dated by today's standards, but anyone who enjoys JRPGs will get a kick out of it. Lasts about 15 hours.
  • PicDun 2: the Witch's Curse (either $4 or $5) - This is kind of a "beginners" dungeon crawler (like an easier EO), with a VERY simplistic battle system, but it has 60 floors to tackle with all sorts of tricks, traps, & puzzles to solve in order to advance, some which can get really challenging if you want to explore the full floor (which completes a picture on the bottom screen, which is necessary for 100% completion. PicDun = Picture Dungeon).

The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave ($10) - Don't let the cutesy visuals fool you, this is a strictly old scool JRPG in gameplay, with some of the minds behind Dragon Quest behind it. It actually gets really tough, especially in the post game dungeons. To do everything, it'll last 40-50 hours. From what I've heard, the second game improves on this one (and is $12), so you might want to go for that one instead, since neither have a deep story.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)