3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,246

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,121. Posted:

OrangeCluster wrote:

@Miss_Dark The game is indeed great, one of the best (if not the best) Game Boy games ever made but having replayed it recently I honestly think it could be frustrating to new Zelda players. That's the only thing holding me back from recommending it to PrincessSugoi. =/

Lol I remember playing it when I was a kid and I did get stuck in the game back then xD If it really is her first zelda game ever maybe ocarina of time would be better cause that's quite easy (though still expensive)

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

WashioYuji

1,122. Posted:

Hi guys! I need a little help choosing a megaman game.
I've never played the series before so could someone suggest which one is a 'must buy' since I only afford one more
VC game at the moment.

WashioYuji

AuthorMessage

OrangeCluster

1,123. Posted:

@WashioYuji Mega Man 2 is my favourite but a lot of people love Mega Man 3, so any of those two are a safe bet. With that said now that I think about it Mega Man 3 is quite challenging when compared to MM2 so MAYBE you should pick 2?

OrangeCluster

AuthorMessage

WashioYuji

1,124. Posted:

@OrangeCluster Thanks! Then I think I'll start with 2 since NES games are known to be normally hard, and move on to 3 if I like this.

WashioYuji

AuthorMessage

PrincessSugoi

1,125. Posted:

Hehe, funny the discussion left off on Megaman now since I was just the comparing titles. I'm playing through Kirby's Adventure right now and it's inspired me to add a couple more "classics" to my collection. Megaman 2 it is (and then SMB3... whenever that comes). :P

Miss_Dark wrote:

OrangeCluster wrote:

@Miss_Dark The game is indeed great, one of the best (if not the best) Game Boy games ever made but having replayed it recently I honestly think it could be frustrating to new Zelda players. That's the only thing holding me back from recommending it to PrincessSugoi. =/

Lol I remember playing it when I was a kid and I did get stuck in the game back then xD If it really is her first zelda game ever maybe ocarina of time would be better cause that's quite easy (though still expensive)

Noted. ;)

After doing some more research on handheld Zelda titles, I'm actually pretty sure Minish Cap interests me the most... which happens to be one of the ambassador games currently being held hostage. Wonderful. I still have my DS lite though and since there doesn't seem to be a shortage of copies on ebay, I'll just go auction hunting once I get some extra cash.

Current playlist: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call, Siesta Fiesta, Kirby: Triple Deluxe

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

AuthorMessage

stupidpupil

1,126. Posted:

Sooo I'm specifically itching for a tough, retro 2D sidescroller on the Wii U or 3DS eShop, non Metroidvania. Having a tough time deciding between the likes of old Castlevanias, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Shinobis, Ninja Gaidens... not too keen on Mega Man, sorry :p Any advice?

Edited on by stupidpupil

stupidpupil

AuthorMessage

OrangeCluster

1,127. Posted:

@stupidpupil Have you considered the Contra series? The Legend of the Mystical Ninja has recently been released on Wii U too and that's a pretty fun sidescroller. From the ones you mentioned above I recomend 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master, it's a really good and challenging sidescroller with some flairs like 3D and a couple of small tweaks. :D

OrangeCluster

AuthorMessage

stupidpupil

1,128. Posted:

@OrangeCluster Thanks for the recommendations! I've played quite a few Contra games, so I'm looking for a fresher experience, but I forgot about Mystical Ninja! I'll count your vote for Shinobi III as well :)

stupidpupil

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

1,129. Posted:

Need a recommendation for an indie title thought of liberation maiden but read its short. Love d steam world dig but it ended to short for me..

Any suggestions?

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

1,130. Posted:

arrmixer wrote:

Need a recommendation for an indie title thought of liberation maiden but read its short. Love d steam world dig but it ended to short for me..

Any suggestions?

There aren't a lot of indie titles that you'll get a lot of game time out of. Steam World Dig is actually one of the longer ones. Have you tried VVVVVV or Fractured Soul? The latter goes on sale pretty often, so you might want to wait for that.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

1,131. Posted:

Jollykarp wrote:

arrmixer wrote:

Any suggestions?

There aren't a lot of indie titles that you'll get a lot of game time out of. Steam World Dig is actually one of the longer ones. Have you tried VVVVVV or Fractured Soul? The latter goes on sale pretty often, so you might want to wait for that.

Awesome thanks for the tip! I'll check them out.

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

ShadowChaos

1,132. Posted:

should I buy Etrian odyssey untold or Kukgua, I was waiting for kukgua to go down on price but I want Etrian. was etrian every once cheap than 19.99

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

AuthorMessage

slidecage

1,133. Posted:

if you buy Etrian odyssey untold make sure you have the time to play it to the end. I got it day one and played up to floor 18 and sold it before the price crash. I then regot it used for 15 and can not stand playing it again cause i know its going to take me almost 20 hours to get where i was.. Its just too bad the games dont save to the system (like vita games) instead to the carts

slidecage

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

1,134. Posted:

Can I move all my data from my current sd card to another larger sd card?

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

1,135. Posted:

@ShadowChaos Kokuga is very expensive for what it offers, imo. It's also very good, but if you're not sure whether you'd like a slow paced yet intense shooter then I wouldn't buy it.

@CrimsonFire Yep. Just copy the data onto your computer, copy that onto the new card and put the new card in.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

1,136. Posted:

Jollykarp wrote:

@ShadowChaos Kokuga is very expensive for what it offers, imo. It's also very good, but if you're not sure whether you'd like a slow paced yet intense shooter then I wouldn't buy it.

@CrimsonFire Yep. Just copy the data onto your computer, copy that onto the new card and put the new card in.

thanks

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

1,137. Posted:

I think Kokuga is very good value. (I would have paid full Japanese Retail + import duty + whatever else if there was no region lock). Same with Nano Assault Ex they are Retail quality games just for much less. Difficulty is good on both of them as well. (Both are streets ahead of say Mutant Mudds which is of worse quality than Gunman Clive).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

1,138. Posted:

stupidpupil wrote:

Sooo I'm specifically itching for a tough, retro 2D sidescroller on the Wii U or 3DS eShop, non Metroidvania. Having a tough time deciding between the likes of old Castlevanias, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Shinobis, Ninja Gaidens... not too keen on Mega Man, sorry :p Any advice?

Commando : Steel Disaster is really good (Regardless of what Thomas Whitehead thinks about it which is basically it is not Contra. It is like Metal Slug).

It is as good as Contra 4. (And better than Metal Slug 7 for comparison).

It is dsiware but plays pretty much entirely on the bottom screen. (It was originally a Retail DS game but the Dsiware on is apparently a bit easier).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXae3CvDsts (That is what it is like - the controls are absolutely perfect and the problems associated with DS games on the top screen on the 3DS don't exist due to it using the bottom one).

Shinobi III is really good. I wouldn't go for NES Ghost's n Goblins though. (If you are going to get that then get the VC Arcade one on the Wii VC). The NES one you can learn the enemy patterns a lot more easily.

The NES Castlevania is quite good first time through it. But on the second playthrough it gets lots harder. (Just using savestates at the beginning of the stage I can do one stage in an hour and I am only on the initial ones).

Rondo of Blood is the best Castlevania but I think you will be waiting a while before it goes to the Wii U part.

(I am not bothered about Metroidvania's either it generally ends up your character gets better so you don't have to).

No idea about Ninja Gaiden.

Shinobi III is really fun to play with the 6 button controls. It is not that tough though I wouldn't say (At least compared to the others you mentioned).

When it comes to Contra the best one is Contra : Hard Corps. (Maybe it will never be rereleased but it has loads of levels / multiple paths and endings and no slowdown whatsoever).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

drcigg

1,139. Posted:

im looking specifically for games only available on 3ds eshop. Here are some games I own so far: Super mario bros, mario kart, monster hunters 3 ultimate, Donkey kong country returns, Zelda a link between worlds, pokemon x.

I have played all the mega mans and thoroughly enjoyed them. I also like racing games, first person or 3rd person shoot em ups, rpg's.
I want to try something new

drcigg

AuthorMessage

McFox

1,140. Posted:

Sexy Poker anyone? :p

I like tears.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-7078-8765 | Nintendo Network ID: TheHammerBros