3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,230

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,081. Posted:

Stu13 wrote:

Are there any quality, non-retail racing games in the eShop? I've been looking to put the hammer down. I prefer automobiles, but have no real aversion to kart racers.

Note that I haven't played either of these myself:

• ATV Wild Ride 3D - While it got a sub-par review here at NL, I believe it fared much better elsewhere, & from what I heard, almost everyone who's played it has liked it. It does have quite a bit of content (it's a graphically enhanced remake of a former retail DS game), and it has 4 player online multiplayer.
  • Family Kart 3D - I have Family Tennis 3D which is a charming budget alternative to the Mario Tennis style games, and from what I've heard, the rest of the series (on 3DS) does the same for their respective genres, so this could be a fun DL if you're looking for a fun kart racer (I could be mistaken, but I believe it has some sort of online leaderboards as well. Might want to make sure, though).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

arronishere

1,082. Posted:

Stu13 wrote:

Are there any quality, non-retail racing games in the eShop? I've been looking to put the hammer down. I prefer automobiles, but have no real aversion to kart racers.

You could try the 3D remakes of Excitebike and Super Hang On, both are bikes tho.

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage

Stu13

1,083. Posted:

@arronishere I am all about some Excitebike, brother.
@RR529 I somehow passed over Family Kart 3D in my browsings, but it looks like a blast. I'm totally getting it. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited on by Stu13

I think Nintendo games are cool, and good.
Proud veteran of the Bit Wars.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647
NNID: Stu000

Twitter: Stu_Hell

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

1,084. Posted:

I'll eventually get them both, but which cult e-Shop retail release should I get first: Senran Kagura Burst or Unchained Blades?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,085. Posted:

Depends if you want a 3D beat em up or a Dungeon Crawler.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

linkster55

1,086. Posted:

Ive got $7 banked. So far Ive downloaded Links awakening DX, ExciteBike, and Pushmo. I was really hoping SMB3 and ALTTP would have come out already in NA, but oh well :( What do you guys recommend? Or what would you say are your top picks for eshop titles? Let me know! :)

linkster55

AuthorMessage

DakotaM47

1,087. Posted:

linkster55 wrote:

Ive got $7 banked. So far Ive downloaded Links awakening DX, ExciteBike, and Pushmo. I was really hoping SMB3 and ALTTP would have come out already in NA, but oh well :( What do you guys recommend? Or what would you say are your top picks for eshop titles? Let me know! :)

People say Steamworld Dig was amazing. I haven't played it, so I can't talk.

Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Newcomer Hopes:
1. Shulk
2. Slime
3. Takamaru

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

AuthorMessage

arronishere

1,088. Posted:

linkster55 wrote:

Harmoknight, Shantae, Might Switch Force, Steamworld Dig and 3D Space Harrier are worth a look. Also Attack Of The Friday Monster is great too but tends to be hit or miss with people.

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

1,089. Posted:

im thinking about downloading resident evil revelations or 15€ and maybe super mario bros.3 for 4€
then i would have 6€ left on my account...hm

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

1,090. Posted:

I kinda want to download RE Revelations as well, but man, that thing takes up space...

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

t1redmonkey

1,091. Posted:

Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo is a must buy for £1.24, absolute bargain for such an awesome game! Anyone that enjoys Mutant Mudds and/or Gunman Clive will definitely enjoy this one.

t1redmonkey

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

1,092. Posted:

not sure if i will download RE:R. played the demo again and every control-scheme has some flaws. why cant u just make your own control-scheme??

however i am more and more interested in super mario bros. 3

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

LabradoodleKing

1,093. Posted:

I have 21 dollars and am interested in Steamworld Dig and one of the Mighty Switch Forces. Which MSF game should I get and are there any other games that you recommend? Thanks in advance.

[09:14] kribs: but I have some cool villagers that say some funny stuff
[09:15] kribs: others are just boring
[09:15] kribs: I'm trying to get rid of those
[09:15] PugKing: With axes?
[09:16] kribs: no!!! those are for trees... most time u__u

Pugs are awesome.

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9493-5098

AuthorMessage

Bones00

1,094. Posted:

What's good from the eShop sales? I'm looking at Cave Story (despite having it on Wii), Project X Zone and Mario Tennis (GBC). Who can recommend these titles?

By the way, Nintendo just tweeted we in North America have until 1300 PST to redeem codes, buy and download software before they're taking down the eShop again.

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964. 
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter: Bones00

AuthorMessage

LabradoodleKing

1,095. Posted:

@Bones00 PXZ is very fun but can get tedious after a while.

[09:14] kribs: but I have some cool villagers that say some funny stuff
[09:15] kribs: others are just boring
[09:15] kribs: I'm trying to get rid of those
[09:15] PugKing: With axes?
[09:16] kribs: no!!! those are for trees... most time u__u

Pugs are awesome.

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9493-5098

AuthorMessage

InsertPi

1,096. Posted:

I have just over $2 (enough to buy a $1.99 game); what should I get? I already have:
Edge
All Virtual Console games that I'm interested in

EDIT: I decided to get "Game & Watch: Ball"

Edited on by InsertPi

Main developer and programmer of Minecraft DS!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter: @PhilLovesPi

AuthorMessage

Bones00

1,097. Posted:

@IAmAPersson Gunman Clive

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964. 
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter: Bones00

AuthorMessage

PrincessSugoi

1,098. Posted:

Boy am I having a time with the eshop. Too many much to pick up and not enough funds. :( What's worse is the more I browse and contemplate, the more games I find that I want! X-D So I need some help here. I just got Mighty Switch Force 2 and have $40 left. The other games I'm currently looking at are:

Senran Kagura Burst ($30)
Ace Attorney 5 ($30)
Rhythm Thief and The Emperors' Treasure (apparently the retail version has become difficult to find) ($20)
3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure ($7)
Attack of the Friday Monsters ($5)
Gunman Clive ($2)
NightSky ($5)

Fighting is my favorite genre so I'd like to a brawler for my 3DS but I also have really wanted to play the new Ace Attorney game. Then there's Rhythm Thief that's caught my attention and it's cheaper price point would allow me to get another of the smaller priced titles. I'll get all these games eventually down the road but anybody got any suggestions for which ones I should get now?

PugKing wrote:

I have 21 dollars and am interested in Steamworld Dig and one of the Mighty Switch Forces. Which MSF game should I get and are there any other games that you recommend? Thanks in advance.

I was just faced with this same problem until last night. I decided on MSF2 since a number of people have commented that it feels just like the first one only with the fire fighter motif instead of the police one and even the puzzles are apparently similar. Plus I preferred 2's trailer more. :P

Current playlist: Senran Kagura Burst, Super Mario Bros. 3, Sonic the Hedgehog 1, Nightsky

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

1,099. Posted:

PrincessSugoi wrote:

Boy am I having a time with the eshop. Too many much to pick up and not enough funds. :( What's worse is the more I browse and contemplate, the more games I find that I want! X-D So I need some help here. I just got Mighty Switch Force 2 and have $40 left. The other games I'm currently looking at are:

Ace Attorney 5 ($30)
Rhythm Thief and The Emperors' Treasure (apparently the retail version has become difficult to find) ($20)
Gunman Clive ($2)
NightSky ($5)

Fighting is my favorite genre so I'd like to a brawler for my 3DS but I also have really wanted to play the new Ace Attorney game. Then there's Rhythm Thief that's caught my attention and it's cheaper price point would allow me to get another of the smaller priced titles. I'll get all these games eventually down the road but anybody got any suggestions for which ones I should get now?

The new Phoenix Wright is fantastic. It's 25 hours of great gaming. Gunman Clive is also good - the meat of the game is only 1 hour long, but if you're that "type" of player you can squeeze hours out of it. I haven't played the others, but from the titles that are discounted I recommend The Starship Damrey if you like adventure games with emphasis on plot and atmosphere.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

RedPandas

1,100. Posted:

PrincessSugoi wrote:

Ace Attorney 5 ($30)
Gunman Clive ($2)
NightSky ($5)

PugKing wrote:

I was just faced with this same problem until last night. I decided on MSF2 since a number of people have commented that it feels just like the first one only with the fire fighter motif instead of the police one and even the puzzles are apparently similar. Plus I preferred 2's trailer more. :P

I think you should get AA5 and Street Fighter 4. I think it should be around $40.

RedPandas