3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,245

AuthorMessage

arronishere

1,021. Posted:

What are peoples thoughts on the best Shantae game to get, the orginal GBC or Riskys Revenge?

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage

Gioku

1,022. Posted:

@arronishere: I just downloaded the GBC Shantae, and I'm loving it! The animation, in particular, caught my eye. But everything else is awesome, too! It's a lot cheaper than Risky's Revenge, too. I'd go with the GBC one first. :)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

1,023. Posted:

I recommend both Mighty Switch Force games

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

1,024. Posted:

Why the heck is a fifa game the moste expensive thing on eshop?

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,025. Posted:

Tobias95 wrote:

Why the heck is a fifa game the moste expensive thing on eshop?

Massive, diehard fan base willing to py anything for the next game in the series = easy cash grab. It's the most expensive thing because the publisher believes people will buy it for that price. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Blue_Dread

1,026. Posted:

I recommend:
-The Legend of Zelda (NES)
-The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX (GBC)
-Super Mario Bros. (NES)
-Super C (NES) (btw, if you get this game, make sure you have a friend to play this multiplayer with.)
-Shantae (GBC)
-Zelda II The Adventure of Link (NES) (I don't have this yet but I've seen lots of gameplay and am planning to get this soon.)
That's all.

I like to play Nintendo games (for a living :P)
I support Wii U.
I love my brother.
I like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Donkey Kong.

AuthorMessage

arronishere

1,027. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

@arronishere: I just downloaded the GBC Shantae, and I'm loving it! The animation, in particular, caught my eye. But everything else is awesome, too! It's a lot cheaper than Risky's Revenge, too. I'd go with the GBC one first. :)

Thanks but I think I will wait to the new Shantae game is released, hopefully it will costs the same as the Mighty games and if I like it I will try the others ones afterwards.

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,028. Posted:

They form a loose narrative of sorts, so playing them in order is probably best.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Three4Flinching

1,029. Posted:

Noticed that Resident Evil The mercenarise 3D is for sale on the EU E-Shop, is it worth the prcie? I understand it is an arcade style game, which I enjoy very much, but is there a good amount of content?

My FC is: 0473-8793-3927
My Mii nickname is: Lars

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,030. Posted:

Going to take on Gunman Clive tonight, just to see what all of the fuss is about. Mega Man fans, does it deliver?
I love short but sweet challenging experiences(ala' NES) inbetween those leangthly 'n meaty titles such as Legend of Zelda, Metroid ect. It's always good to break up that flow!
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,031. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

Going to take on Gunman Clive tonight, just to see what all of the fuss is about. Mega Man fans, does it deliver?
I love short but sweet challenging experiences(ala' NES) inbetween those leangthly 'n meaty titles such as Legend of Zelda, Metroid ect. It's always good to break up that flow!
Untitled

I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as hard as the classic Mega Man games (at least based upon my experience with Dr. Wily's Revenge), but it's a well made game that wears it's love for the classics on it's sleeve.

The Mega Man inspiration is the most noticeable, but there's also nods to DKC, SMB2, Contra, & Bionic Commando, from what I've noticed.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

1,032. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

Untitled

It's certainly not NES level difficulty, and it's not a game similar to Mega Man although I'm sure a fan of the Capcom platformers would enjoy it. There are lots of continuity nods, many of which are hilariously executed, so it's impossible to fault the game even if it doesn't match the difficulty of older games.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Gioku

1,033. Posted:

I will at least vouch that Gunman Clive is a very good game; it's not very long (I beat the normal mode in 90 minutes), but it's great fun! And the Duck mode and hard mode increase the game's longevity; in both it becomes a game of memorization (which I found very rewarding). All in all, I'd call it a must-have 3DS download, especially for the price (only $2.99)!

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

GraphicGenius

1,034. Posted:

A pretty decent game is VVVVVV

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,035. Posted:

Thanks for the heads up guys. I just finished it about an hour ago. Thoughts? Yeah....I should of put that $2 towards a couple of snicker bars. :P

Gunman Clive doesn't have a single trinket of originality in it's bones, it shamelessly borrows a lot of it's stage design and enemies that attack in similar fashion to that of classic mega man, and even donkey kong country to some degree, most notably the Barrel hopping train tracks stage. Except it feels completely watered down and doesn't offer the level of intelligence or complexity of either franchise. I kept thinking to myself, WHY am i playing this? what's the point!? I've seen it all before. Most of the soundtrack just felt lifeless outside a couple of songs, with one tune being very similar to one of the tracks in the original NES Ninja Gaiden..... Sorry i don't see what all of the fuss is about, easily one of the worst eShops expierences i've had by far. I was bored to tears.

It's only real redeeming value is the stereoscopic 3D effect and if you've never played a mega man game in your life,than this MAY actually feel like a slight breath of fresh air, as is, this is just more of the same junk-dejavu' from an uncreative mind, stealing ideas from established franchises that have been around for almost 30 years wrapped up in a cookie cutter Newgrounds worthy western cell shaded presentation with a forgettable lead character. Heck, even the final boss's attack patterns were ripped out of a certain retro title i played recently.... I'd say save the $2 and put it towards Mega Man 2, 3 or Contra Super C on the eShop's VC instead. Mutant Mudds would be another far superior option as well.

I also played around with Duck Mode which was probably the most enjoyable, and the harder difficulties, but i couldn't bare to play it any longer. :p Should of put the $2 towards Mario and DK: Mini's move hehe. BTW, you'd think the developers would of gone the limited 'continue' route for such a short and unchallenging game. This is also coming from somebody who didn't enjoy VVVVVV either. Yes, i have no soul. :D

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

KeeperBvK

1,036. Posted:

I was going to agree wholeheartedly with you...until you called Mutant Mudds a far superior option and stated that you didn't like VVVVVV.

Gunman Clive is really mediocre, but then so is Mutant Mudds (and even worse in my eyes), while VVVVVV is brilliant.
But then again. To each his own. ^^

KeeperBvK

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,037. Posted:

KeeperBvK wrote:

I was going to agree wholeheartedly with you...until you called Mutant Mudds a far superior option and stated that you didn't like VVVVVV.

Gunman Clive is really mediocre, but then so is Mutant Mudds (and even worse in my eyes), while VVVVVV is brilliant.
But then again. To each his own. ^^

hahaha. Well, I never said Mutant Mudds was great to begin with, I felt it was good and offered one steep challenge, it has it's own semi-unique platforming rythem, a sweet soundtrack, likable lead character and it was a much meatier experience.....My only real complaints with mudds is that they should of threw in some bosses and redesigned the crappy looking enemies. :P I still found it a LOT better than Gunman 'stealing' clive, there's no comparison. But Perhaps comparing a game going for $1.99 Vs another from an actual decent game developer that's going for over $10 isn't fair, but eh. As for VVVVVVV, wasn't my cup of Taamanian devil tea that's all. ;) I haven't gone ape sh** over any of the 3DSWare releases.

I think Pushmo(Stuck on the Omlette puzzles!), Sakura Samurai(before it started to get super repetitive), Mighty Switch(Needed bosses and more stages) are the standouts, aside from Kid Icarus 3D, Excite Bike 3D(My personal favorite) and Kirby's Adventure 3D of course! experiencing NES games in 3D for the first was absolutely amazing. :o

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

KeeperBvK

1,038. Posted:

Pushmo and Mighty Switch Force are ok, but also overrated in my opinion. So far I haven't hit any gold on the eshop, unfortunately.
I've played VVVVVV on Steam. ;)

Edited on by KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,039. Posted:

Just downloaded Shantae for the GameBoy color. B-)
Untitled
Is it as good as everybody says it is?....
Wait a second, isn't all of that WayForward lovin' just for it's sequel Risky's Revenge. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,040. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

Just downloaded Shantae for the GameBoy color
Untitled
Is it as good as everybody says it is?....
Wait a second, isn't all of that WayForward lovin' just for it's sequel Risky's Revenge. :P

From what little I've played, it's kinda like if Castlevania 2 didn't rely on everything people hated about Castlevania 2.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!