3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Unchained Blades

Showing 41 to 60 of 209

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MikeDanger

41. Posted:

Whatever you say bro. You're entitled to your opinion.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bobhobob

42. Posted:

30 bucks? Where did that come from?
I probably just save up for 2 eshop cards with my measly 5 dollar a week allowence.
But first, if this really is an 80-hour game, I'm gonna need to delete a whole bunch of stuff from my measly 2GB SD card! (does any1 know how to transfer 3dsware from one sd card to another?

is rly good

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MikeDanger

43. Posted:

The $30 price line was given for the PSP release on the PSN. Seeing as it's the same game with their obvious diferences we all came to an obvious conclusion is that the 3DS version will cost the same.

The game is currently playable in your PSP and Vita. Reviews have been somewhat positive. Although in my opinion the first person dungeoun crawler rpgs are like bread and butter for the DS/3DS dual screen. So if you're interested in buying this game I think is a sure bet the 3DS version will be better.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CommanderAudio

44. Posted:

30 BUCKS?!?!?!?!

Even after games like Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Dillion's Rolling Western, I think Nintendo know that $30 is a ridicilous price for a game. Maybe they'll release it for retail instead.

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

45. Posted:

PikminMonster wrote:

30 BUCKS?!?!?!?!

Even after games like Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Dillion's Rolling Western, I think Nintendo know that $30 is a ridicilous price for a game. Maybe they'll release it for retail instead.

It is a retail game. That's why it's $30. Are you gonna complain when Nintendo wants you to spend $40 on New Super Mario Bros. 2?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

46. Posted:

PikminMonster wrote:

30 BUCKS?!?!?!?!

Even after games like Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Dillion's Rolling Western, I think Nintendo know that $30 is a ridicilous price for a game. Maybe they'll release it for retail instead.

The reason for the $30 price tag is because it is a retail game, it's just not getting a physical release in the States.

In Japan, it came out on a cart and everything, but due to the fact that it's in a niche genre, XSeed is only releasing through eShop and PSN in the States. It still has all the content of any other retail game however, so it's going to be priced as such.

I guess the best way to put it, is that it's a retail game, without retail copies.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

47. Posted:

It's a cool deal- A download game with as much content as retail. Not bad.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

48. Posted:

PikminMonster wrote:

30 BUCKS?!?!?!?!

Even after games like Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Dillion's Rolling Western, I think Nintendo know that $30 is a ridicilous price for a game. Maybe they'll release it for retail instead.

[/div]

YES Because Nintendo is totally publishing this game...oh wait, they're NOT!!! :P

Seriously, do some research before rants :P

XSeed is also a small publisher translating a full game. Quit being such a cheapskate. If you don't want it, then don't buy it!

Edited on by WaLzgi

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

49. Posted:

LztheBlehBird wrote:

you don't technically "own" a physical copy either. You are not free to do as you please with a physical copy, so aside from a piece of plastic with electronics inside there's no difference between physical and digital copies.

the problem with this argument isn't really about 'ownership' of gaming code (which you are correct about; you don't purchase ownership of game code when you purchase a physical copy of a game) but about the things that traditionally go along with ownership of a physical item. with digital games, you're entirely at the mercy of the game companies allowing you to play your old games on your new console(s), or on a used console you just picked up — there's account transfers, whether or not they'll support your old system(s), and number-of-download limits to be considered, all of which can get bungled quite easily in this day and age. With a physical copy, your only potential problem is losing the disc or cartridge; you can set it aside and sell off the console it's for, pick up an old console on eBay ten years later, and fire it up like you just bought the game yesterday with no worries.

in short, the argument of physical versus digital is about longevity and ease of use between consoles. for some, $30 to play a title and not be assured of being able to play it ten years later without paying again is too much, and it's their decision to make. who knows, it could go on sale later on, they could get it with an eShop card they were given as a gift, or they could change their mind about it later and purchase it on their own, y'know? it's not worth arguing to the death over, so if we could all chill out in here, that'd be super. thanks in advance :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

50. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

LztheBlehBird wrote:

you don't technically "own" a physical copy either. You are not free to do as you please with a physical copy, so aside from a piece of plastic with electronics inside there's no difference between physical and digital copies.

[/div]

the problem with this argument isn't really about 'ownership' of gaming code (which you are correct about; you don't purchase ownership of game code when you purchase a physical copy of a game) but about the things that traditionally go along with ownership of a physical item. with digital games, you're entirely at the mercy of the game companies allowing you to play your old games on your new console(s), or on a used console you just picked up — there's account transfers, whether or not they'll support your old system(s), and number-of-download limits to be considered, all of which can get bungled quite easily in this day and age. With a physical copy, your only potential problem is losing the disc or cartridge; you can set it aside and sell off the console it's for, pick up an old console on eBay ten years later, and fire it up like you just bought the game yesterday with no worries.

in short, the argument of physical versus digital is about longevity and ease of use between consoles. for some, $30 to play a title and not be assured of being able to play it ten years later without paying again is too much, and it's their decision to make. who knows, it could go on sale later on, they could get it with an eShop card they were given as a gift, or they could change their mind about it later and purchase it on their own, y'know? it's not worth arguing to the death over, so if we could all chill out in here, that'd be super. thanks in advance :3

Is this one of those "tl;dr" posts? :P

Jk, I see your point. I don't think Nintendo would totally screw us over in terms of being able to transfer purchases or losing them entirely. :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MikeDanger

51. Posted:

@theblackdragon

My opinion is a little different but somehow the same. Like if I want to let a friend borrow it or someday sell the game after I moved on. It feels like a small investment so one day you'll get some profit from. Digital Copy is just download,play, delete.

Also, No pretty manual to look at, No cool box to look at the cover, no new game smell, etc.

I like the eshop and the psn, I love to play the classics and some unknown gems i've missed. But those games cost from .99 cents(I phone) to $15.99. with an average ranging from 2.99 to 9.99.
This is $30. It's too much for me and I don't like it and if I give in, someday the whole gaming market will be completely digital. And I for one ain't looking forward to that sad, hollow future. I like my games like how like my books and my wife, real,smelly and with a beautiful cover. ;)

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

52. Posted:

@MikeDanger1
And if you don't give in, you'll be unable to play the game and stop Xseed from releasing more digital retail games here.

You're in a lose-lose situation buddy. You choices are to either to give up your want for a physical copy to play the game, or never get the experience at all.
If loss of 'smell' makes you miss out, it's your loss. I'd rather have it physical, but hey, this is better than not getting it at all. :P

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

53. Posted:

Bobhobob wrote:

30 bucks? Where did that come from?
I probably just save up for 2 eshop cards with my measly 5 dollar a week allowence.
But first, if this really is an 80-hour game, I'm gonna need to delete a whole bunch of stuff from my measly 2GB SD card! (does any1 know how to transfer 3dsware from one sd card to another?

Put two SD cards in a PC (1 empty, the other the one you are using) and move the data to the other card.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MikeDanger

54. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

@MikeDanger1
You're in a lose-lose situation buddy. You choices are to either to give up your want for a physical copy to play the game, or never get the experience at all.
I

I'll sadly miss the experience. The price is what F'd it all up for me :/ I always knew it was going to be a digital release Imagine how hyped I was I created this topic! But if you're gonna go all digital don't sell it as a physical copy even if it is retail. Hell $20 would be alright with me. but not $30 nor $40.

And I don't have to accept it like this if I don't want to, i'm not a sheep. And if I want something to happen i'll do my vote with my wallet, even if i'm the one to lose. I don't get to play? So be it. There's enough games out there for me to play out there.

If a $15 sale comes one day, you'll be sure i'm getting it, but or now I think i'll play Etrian Odyssey 3 again just to fight the urge. lol

No hate to any of you guys. Forums are made to discuss. I don't think none of you are stupid or lame for wanting to pay for this game. But I say again, I don't like the price tag. I'm sorry this turned into a digital/physical war. But digital should cost less than physical.

those are my 2 cents.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

55. Posted:

And that's a fine opinion. I don't blame you.

Now excuse me while the industry bends me and my money to their will. Ciao.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

EvilLucario

56. Posted:

Nintendo is not going to price a digital game lower than a physical release because they do not want to devalue the game's worth just because it's a digital download.

/end price debate

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

57. Posted:

PrimedMetroid wrote:

Nintendo is not going to price a digital game lower than a physical release because they do not want to devalue the game's worth just because it's a digital download.

/end price debate

I'm not arguing your point, or the price (which I'm fine with). I just want to point out that Nintendo isn't pricing this game, XSeed is.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

58. Posted:

I just hope that this game comes out soon... I don't want "New Stupid Horribly Easy Bros" to be preventing this from coming out.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

59. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

@MikeDanger1
You're in a lose-lose situation buddy. You choices are to either to give up your want for a physical copy to play the game, or never get the experience at all.
I

[/div]

I'll sadly miss the experience. The price is what F'd it all up for me :/ I always knew it was going to be a digital release Imagine how hyped I was I created this topic! But if you're gonna go all digital don't sell it as a physical copy even if it is retail. Hell $20 would be alright with me. but not $30 nor $40.

And I don't have to accept it like this if I don't want to, i'm not a sheep. And if I want something to happen i'll do my vote with my wallet, even if i'm the one to lose. I don't get to play? So be it. There's enough games out there for me to play out there.

If a $15 sale comes one day, you'll be sure i'm getting it, but or now I think i'll play Etrian Odyssey 3 again just to fight the urge. lol

No hate to any of you guys. Forums are made to discuss. I don't think none of you are stupid or lame for wanting to pay for this game. But I say again, I don't like the price tag. I'm sorry this turned into a digital/physical war. But digital should cost less than physical.

those are my 2 cents.

Wow. This is better than a random rant :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

60. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I just hope that this game comes out soon... I don't want "New Stupid Horribly Easy Bros" to be preventing this from coming out.

I like New Stupid Horribly Easy Bros. This time it's all about the 1-ups. Extra guys have always been a big part of the Stupid Horribly Easy Bros experience, but this game pushes the idea of 1-up collection to new extremes. It features new stages built around the idea of collecting as many 1-ups as possible, and even features a new power-up that allows Mario to turn nearly everything around him into a seemingly endless source of 1-ups. I'm really looking forward to the new 1-up Rush mode too. It uses Street Pass to challenge you and your friends to see who can get the best time across three stages. Oh yeah, and one other detail. You'll only have 99 lives. It's a careful balance of risk and reward.

...in my pants.