3DS eShop Forum

Topic: The Pushmo/Pullbox thread of Level Creation

Showing 121 to 140 of 322

AuthorMessage

StarDust4Ever

121. Posted:

Pretty straightforward; I looked at a sprite sheet from Super Mario Brothers and decided that the Koopa sprite was perfect for a Pushmo puzzle, but I had to modify the Koopa's head to get it to fit the 16x16 block. Here's three versions, Green, Red, and Blue. Green Koopa's pretty easy, but the red version is a beast to solve (hint: there's a very, very tricky jump involved in getting into Koopa's head - for extra challenge, try beating it without the rewind button). The only difference between the green and red version is the location of the flag. The Blue version is a combination of the first two Koopas, but it has a manhole warp in it so you'll need to unlock the manhole in order to play the Blue one. Enjoy!

Green Koopa (2 stars)
Untitled

Red Koopa (4 stars)
Untitled

Blue Koopa (3 stars)
Untitled

Please reply back and give your thoughts if you manage to beat the Red Koopa; it is very tricky!

Edited on by StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever

Nintendo Network ID: StarDust4Ever

AuthorMessage

Late

122. Posted:

New Pullblox from me! Had some troubles with color limit but it came out pretty good. Only thing I don't like is that there's no color for his face so I just used gray.
Untitled

@StarDust: There's actually one Koopa Troopa stage in the game itself. Same green sprite but it uses manholes and switches if I recall correctly. Just to say if you haven't played there yet :)

Edited on by Late

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

123. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

What's the "pixel" size of the large canvas? Want to create a level based on some images I have...

EDIT: Yeah someone is going to have to tell me how to set this up in Photoshop or something, because it isn't setting up the size right. :/

The size of the larger canvas is 32 by 32. I wouldn't know how you work it in photoshop - I use Paint.NET. :3

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Shadowflash

124. Posted:

My very first one. Enjoy :)
Untitled

Edited on by Shadowflash

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter: Shadowflash0

AuthorMessage

Bazly

125. Posted:

StarDust wrote:

Pretty straightforward; I looked at a sprite sheet from Super Mario Brothers and decided that the Koopa sprite was perfect for a Pushmo puzzle, but I had to modify the Koopa's head to get it to fit the 16x16 block. Here's three versions, Green, Red, and Blue. Green Koopa's pretty easy, but the red version is a beast to solve (hint: there's a very, very tricky jump involved in getting into Koopa's head - for extra challenge, try beating it without the rewind button). The only difference between the green and red version is the location of the flag. The Blue version is a combination of the first two Koopas, but it has a manhole warp in it so you'll need to unlock the manhole in order to play the Blue one. Enjoy!

Green Koopa (2 stars)
Untitled

Red Koopa (4 stars)
Untitled

Blue Koopa (3 stars)
Untitled

Please reply back and give your thoughts if you manage to beat the Red Koopa; it is very tricky!

In the later levels there IS an NES Koopa level that is the proper size - once yo uget the large canvas it fits just fine.

They look good though, and I still intend to try them out soon! :)

My Pushmo and Crashmo Levels
My "The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave" QR Codes
My "The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves" QR Codes
3DS Friend Code: 5370-0572-6471
Miiverse Username: iBazly

AuthorMessage

zeeroid

126. Posted:

StarDust wrote:

but the red version is a beast to solve (hint: there's a very, very tricky jump involved in getting into Koopa's head - for extra challenge, try beating it without the rewind button).

Challenge accepted.

Edit: PFFT! 4 stars, my butt. I give it 2. :)

Edited on by zeeroid

3DS: 1676 - 3679 - 7062
PSN: Zeer0id

Pushmo puzzle album (w/ QR codes)

AuthorMessage

BalesJon

127. Posted:

RogueBologna wrote:

I've played through all of them, so if you want impressions of your Pushmo, just ask. :)

i would like to hear what u throught of my kirby 1 :)

3DS Friend code: 0087-2384-7612 name Jon

AuthorMessage

Tare

128. Posted:

Does anyone know what the max grid is for the editor? 8x8x4 is still too small for me -_-;

Edited on by Tare

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

AuthorMessage

Shadow100

129. Posted:

Late wrote:

New Pullblox from me! Had some troubles with color limit but it came out pretty good. Only thing I don't like is that there's no color for his face so I just used gray.
Untitled

This is just awesome. This will probable be my first download when I get the game.

Backloggery | Now Playing

Twitter: shdw100

AuthorMessage

zeeroid

130. Posted:

Tare wrote:

Does anyone know what the max grid is for the editor? 8x8x4 is still too small for me -_-;

32x32 is the max.

3DS: 1676 - 3679 - 7062
PSN: Zeer0id

Pushmo puzzle album (w/ QR codes)

AuthorMessage

Tare

131. Posted:

zeeroid wrote:

Tare wrote:

32x32 is the max.

Awesome, Now I just need to grind through the campaign -_-;

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

132. Posted:

I took my submission for the contest thread and jazzed it up because I felt like there was real potential in my entry, but it had to be simplified because of the restrictions. But...I had to take out Boswer altogether because his sprite was just too big! Hope you all enjoy the puzzle despite the day having already been saved.
Untitled

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

bgc

133. Posted:

This is a great topic. too bad nintendo doesn't have a server for us to upload levels. i'd suggest using twitter to share, using a hashtag to identify as a pushmo/pullbox level and a link to the qrcode something like #pushlevel or similar. then to find levels all we have to do is search twitter for the tag and find the links.

3DS FC: 2793-0966-2280

AuthorMessage

TheNintendOtaku

134. Posted:

@bgc I'm hoping some fan out there will take it one step further and make a site you can post them to, the way Animalcrossingcommunity does patterns. Meanwhile, if anyone DOES find or make something like that, don't keep quiet about it, eh?

TheNintendOtaku

AuthorMessage

Tare

135. Posted:

Is there a way you can switch between grid size? And when you unlock the largest grid possible? I can't seem to find a walkthrough that tells me that.

AuthorMessage

StarDust4Ever

136. Posted:

zeeroid wrote:

StarDust wrote:

but the red version is a beast to solve (hint: there's a very, very tricky jump involved in getting into Koopa's head - for extra challenge, try beating it without the rewind button).

Challenge accepted.

Edit: PFFT! 4 stars, my butt. I give it 2. :)

Yeah, I finally unlocked the real Koopa Sprite in the game. I was still playing at a novice level when I created the mini-Koopas, and hadn't unlocked the larger grid yet. At the time, I didn't know that so many Nintendo sprites existed within the game. The green and red Koopas are still enjoyable puzzles for any novice who hasn't unlocked the extra tools and large grid size yet. And while the red Koopa requires you to jump across a one space gap AND around a corner, it's not that easy of a move (I had to rewind several times), and that particular case isn't mentioned at all in the "possible jumps" section in hints (but the reverse of this move is listed as an "impossible jump"). The white shell needs to be pulled out three spaces, and the head needs to be pulled out two spaces. Jump into the eye socket inside the head, and pull to claim the prize (Red Koopa).

Edited on by StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever

Nintendo Network ID: StarDust4Ever

AuthorMessage

nickcarney

137. Posted:

TheNintendOtaku wrote:

@bgc I'm hoping some fan out there will take it one step further and make a site you can post them to, the way Animalcrossingcommunity does patterns. Meanwhile, if anyone DOES find or make something like that, don't keep quiet about it, eh?

I'm actually making a site just like that though I'm not letting people upload their creations directly, I'll be responsible for that so I can keep the quality high. It's not just going to be for Pushmo either, it'll have QR codes for Freakyforms and any other titles that support the feature later on. Let me know if you'd be interested in helping out with it, or anyone who is reading this for that matter.

nickcarney

AuthorMessage

TheNintendOtaku

138. Posted:

Can't wait to see it in action! I like the idea of keeping the quality high, but if you find screening every Pushmo to be overwhelming, you could always implement a rating system. Then low quality ones would be easier to avoid for visitors and easier to find for mods. Tags and a search function might be handy, too

TheNintendOtaku

AuthorMessage

Ziondood

139. Posted:

Late wrote:

zeeroid wrote:

Late wrote:

The thing I most like in my Gastly is that when you're near the end, you have to go and try to get back to the top :D

Right!? That was neat. Although I ended up not having to go very far, it turns out. I think I dropped down to around the eye closer to the goal and managed to slink my way back up from there.

Yeah. It kinda depends on how you've pulled the blox earlier. If you are lucky, you can get back pretty fast and if you're not, then you have to almost start all over. At least my sister had to do jump from top to one exact spot to be able to continue my Gastly because she hadn't pulled few other blox.

Just unlocked arrow switches and manholes :D

EDIT: As I really like Bubble Bobble:
Untitled

This is fantastic :]

(Slide pad? Well its better than having a brand new system already.)

AuthorMessage

Late

140. Posted:

Time to share some Pullblox again!

Untitled
Just a little level I made at school today.

Untitled
Axel from KH:CoM. Official sprite with only 10 different colors.

Untitled
This one was originally a Picross by me. I made the Picross once in my notebook while I was bored of chemistry lesson and now I thought of turning it into more colors in Pullblox.

Untitled
My little sister made this one :)

I've been playing Pullblox a lot after I bought it but tomorrow I'll most likely move onto GBA ambassador games so I may not be so active in this forum for a while.

@Shadow100: I'm glad you like it :)
@Ziondood: Thanks.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196