3DS eShop Forum

Topic: The "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave |OT|Summers almost over might as well go out riding some chillwaves. (demo out today)

Showing 341 to 360 of 383

AuthorMessage

Demmi-Alpha

341. Posted:

I'm assuming that's what we're calling them, dungeons? xD Anyway, I just defeated the Octospider and unlocked the PC. Apparently there's over 20 hours of gameplay which is great for a eShop exclusive. However, I've found it to be extremely easy... For now. :3

Find me on: DeviantARTTumblrMyAnimeList

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3326-9455

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

342. Posted:

demmi-defender wrote:

I'm assuming that's what we're calling them, dungeons? xD Anyway, I just defeated the Octospider and unlocked the PC. Apparently there's over 20 hours of gameplay which is great for a eShop exclusive. However, I've found it to be extremely easy... For now. :3

Yeah its not too hard except some later bosses get harder unless your insanely leveled up. The last dungeon however is not easy at all. I'm in my mid 30s level wise and I'm going to have to grind for a bit before I can beat the game. I really need to pick this game back up and finish it.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

343. Posted:

For the Final Boss (not the post-story dungeons), you need to be at least lvl45 if not more to beat him IMO. I've done plenty of grinding so far, but to those who say its just barely over 25 hours long (including post-story dungeons) then you've probably miscalculated or something. I've played at least 35-37 hours so far and I haven't stopped yet. I'm sure though some people just sprint through the game to beat it and such, but If you've played or ever loved a Zelda game or dungeon-crawler, you would've learned to love to explore the environments of any such RPG, regardless. I was hoping that there was gonna be some kind of reward for competing the maps in each dungeon, but nothing has surfaced so far, I've pretty much scaled high and low every single dungeon and I've grinded heavily too, so this game is defintiely longer than 25 hours, that is if you had put all the extra effort to grind for the final boss and for the post-story dungeons.
Man, I think The Denpamen: They Came By Wave should get an award for best downloadable Nintendo game of the year. It has just about everything I wanted to see and it defintiely delivered to my expectations. This game has a pretty catchy OST, pretty good 3D, and the inclusion of AR-based functionality and wifi detection is superb. The let down is there isn't as much customisation as I would've liked and it would've benefitted more when scouring dungeons or facing bosses, so then I could've strategised with my Denpamen more, e.g. add extra layers of defence against certain elemental attacks or more attacks/stronger abilities.
But the fact is, Genius Sonority has already made a sequel and it's already been released in Japan, so I am guessing some of the more minor things like customisation will be improved in the sequel and all out benefitting the next game. I'm overall impressed by this game, it started off as a rather novelty and had us gamers curious about the weird, cutesy feel of the game, but now that i've progressed further (and still haven't 100%'d the game, which I plan to do) I think this game deserves a whole lot more recognition than it has got. Sure it's no Pokemon, Final Fantasy or GoldenSun, but this game is awesome and I really hope the sequel makes it out here.
Speaking of the sequel, Genius Sonority recently said they're still contemplating a release in the west, although they did say they had already begun localisation, they also said they needed to watch the sales of the first Denpamen game before bringing over it's sequel. Looking at sales so far, on our eShop The Denpamen is already number 2 on the recent releases, just under Pokemon Dream Radar, this looks to be really promising that we'll get The Denpamen 2.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

344. Posted:

@RetroGBHippie92 - I've explored ever tiny bit of every dungeon in the main game, finished all the maps and opened every chest. Cleared it in just over 13 and a half hours, Denpa Men from levels 39-42 used. That sadly includes the 2-3 hours I went grinding in the demo (I think grinding as a weakness on my part but I was enjoying myself) and long periods of time on buses catching Denpa Men. I don't think the ones saying 25 are unreasonable, it would not surprise me if one could do it in less either. It is good to hear you are enjoy yourself. I know you had a long wait for this one.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

345. Posted:

I'll admit, this game is pretty addicting. How long is it, though? Seems pretty lengthy for a download game so far...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

346. Posted:

Well I'm on the last dungeon and I'm at just under 20 hours. I would say that about 3 hours of that was catching Denpa Men. I would also say I have about 3-5 hours to go.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

RR529

347. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Well I'm on the last dungeon and I'm at just under 20 hours. I would say that about 3 hours of that was catching Denpa Men. I would also say I have about 3-5 hours to go.

Are you on the "final" dungeon, or the actual final dungeon (the one that's recommended lvl 60).

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

348. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Are you on the "final" dungeon, or the actual final dungeon (the one that's recommended lvl 60).

Well I guess I'm not on the final dungeon then lol.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Birdman

349. Posted:

I think I've spent about 35 hours on my game, which included catching DM, all dungeons (including the Lv. 60 recommended one, but not the Lv. 99 door), QR Codes, equipment management, and probably 5-6 unnecessary hours in the Demo grinding on the monsters that had become pathetically easy (though I did get a few sets of +50 Speed Clubs from that, and those were always helpful). I'd say the true "length" of the game, excluding trying to track down all elusive clothing items to complete the list, is 30 Hours, give or take 5 depending on your speediness/skill.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

350. Posted:

The main theme of this game is so catchy. Love the tune. I really can't wait to finally pick this up around Christmas. Something just clicked one day and I realized I love this game.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

351. Posted:

Birdman wrote:

I'd say the true "length" of the game, excluding trying to track down all elusive clothing items to complete the list, is 30 Hours, give or take 5 depending on your speediness/skill.

That sounds reasonable...for a $40 retail game. Was kinda hoping a download title would be short and sweet, clocking in around 12 hours. Oh well, it'll get done eventually.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

352. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Birdman wrote:

I'd say the true "length" of the game, excluding trying to track down all elusive clothing items to complete the list, is 30 Hours, give or take 5 depending on your speediness/skill.

That sounds reasonable...for a $40 retail game. Was kinda hoping a download title would be short and sweet, clocking in around 12 hours. Oh well, it'll get done eventually.

Aren't you happy? 30+ hours for a 3DSware game? That's pretty awesome, I don't know why you don't quite think that, but oh well I'm enjoying it.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

353. Posted:

I was kinda hoping for a short game is all. While this game is fun, I don't see myself actually putting that many hours into it. It's a really simplistic game, which is nice for a little while but not for a lot. And why would I be happy about a game being really long if that just means I never get to see it through to the end?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

354. Posted:

@CanisWolfred It isn't that long, but I get the most enjoyment out of a game if I play through it in-depth, rather than rush through it. Besides I've already bet the main story, i'm just on the bonus dungeons, i'm not one to normally tackle those, but I waited ages for this game to be released so I figure I should play it as much as I can before having to wait another 4-8 months for the sequel.

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

FrcAndroid

355. Posted:

Hi to all,i have the game of The Denpa Men and i need good Denpas for the Tower of Evil,its possible of Europe,thanks!

PD:Sorry of my deficient english :p im from Spain.

FrcAndroid

AuthorMessage

nindenpamen

356. Posted:

What is the answer of the path of the Road to Oasis? I cant get the help from the dwarves at the beginning of the dungeon and i never saw a dwarf around the Road of Oasis.

If there are multiple floors, please give me the answer too! I need them to continue my game!

EDIT: I need the right answer for the Scorch Volcano too! (the 1 with 5 questions)

EDIT 2: already found the scorch volcano answer here: http://www.gamespot.com/the-denpa-men-they-came-by-wave/answe...

Edited on by nindenpamen

nindenpamen

AuthorMessage

slidecage

357. Posted:

any new info when we may see part 2 in the states

slidecage

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

358. Posted:

It seems some people are having lots of unnessicary trouble, so protip: Use elementally strong Denpa Men for every dungeon if you want to cut down on your time and make battles easier. Each dungeon has enemies weak to a kind of attack element. For example, Dark enemies in Tower of of Evil are weak to Light element attacks. Also keep in mind your Denpa Men's weaknesses, like Earth(orange)'s vulnerability to Wind. At the same time Denpa Men are also RESISTANT to their own element.
(Thanks to @Aqueous for reminding me. :P)

Edited on by Nibelilt

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

nindenpamen

359. Posted:

I found the answer to THE ROAD TO OASIS!!!

PATH ANSWER:
LEFT, UP, LEFT, LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT, DOWN, RIGHT, UP, LEFT, UP

And how to defeat the boss easy: Get Denpa Men with ''Downburst'', and a antenna like Fire Wall, Avalanche, etc. (The boss is pretty simple to defeat, if you have a Revive Potion S, use it when your most of your Denpa Men are dead, and if you use the Downburst attack, the boss sleeps for 1 attack and your able to defeat the boss with a Denpa Men that has a attack.)

How to get the secret items:

If you found the first pool (That gives AP, HP and stuff), head south.
If you found the second pool, head west.

Edited on by nindenpamen

nindenpamen

AuthorMessage

nindenpamen

360. Posted:

Also i need help again.

How i defeat the Pawn even if i have a Denpa Men with Wall (all)?

He still can attack us and his Fire Beam kills like almost all of my Denpa Men, his sword attack loses -1 DEF to my Denpa Men's, and i have 2 Denpa Men with the Revive antenna, hes still unbeatable.

Help me please!

Edit: I must go through the ''friggin'' Ice Island...

Edited on by nindenpamen

nindenpamen