3DS eShop Forum

Topic: The "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave |OT|Summers almost over might as well go out riding some chillwaves. (demo out today)

Showing 321 to 340 of 383

AuthorMessage

Birdman

321. Posted:

@Dizzard - Depends on the root. There's a section of the house that'll tell you what abilities develop when, but I couldn't name any off the top of my head (or any roots either)

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

BenAV

322. Posted:

I ended up going for a midnight walk with my 3DS out last night so I could find some more good Denpa Men.
Loving this game so far.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: Teikoku | Club ID: EF002F9BC

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

323. Posted:

Guys, some of my Denpamen have had their Antennae grow three times, is there at all a limit to how many times it can grow and what is it? one of my denpamen had small heal, then it progressed to medium and then Full Heal, would this same concept happen with elemental moves as well as status moves? so far i've had a Denpamen with Fatal grow it's ability to Fatal (All) and some denpamen with falling rock evolve their ability to Avalanche.
Man i'm really loving this game, I'm so happy I waited this long in order to play it, I guess it's a necessary evil huh? How long do you think until the rest of the world gets The Denpamen 2? Aren't they localising it right now? I am SOOOOOOO looking foward to it, in the mean time I'll have to find more time after this playthrough of They Came By Wave, to replay it once more.
Also do you think nintendo might bring out a retail version of both games? They could definitely fit both games on one cartridge, I would definitely buy it, just saying.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

RR529

324. Posted:

@RetroGBHippie92, some magic attacks have 3 forms, some 2, and others just 1. It really depends on what it is (at some point you unlock a museum that has all of these).

Also, Nintendo isn't involved with the game as far as I know. Genius Sonority both developed & published it. I'd personally like to stay eShop exclusives, to help promote the quality games that's only available through it.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

325. Posted:

@RR529 Would you still say that The Denpamen is still a Nintendo property though? considering Genius Sonority is partly owned by Nintendo? are they second or first party?
Edit: I checked Wikipedia and yes, they are a second party dev, they're private, but they are basically under nintendo's wing, much like Gamefreak.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

AuthorMessage

RR529

326. Posted:

Since they're second party, I guess that means that Denpa Men is probably their own IP. Since Rare also created their own IPs while a 2nd party dev, and took them when they left.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

RR529

327. Posted:

I bought a Cash Ring from the shop (cost 88,000 gold!), but it'll allow me to accumulate gold much quicker now.

I'm going to buy a bunch of Barriers (cost 3,500 gold each), and bully my way through the hardest bosses with invincibility (I'll also make sure my attackers are all at least lvl 90, & my other 4 will be magic backups. One with "revive", one with "great insult", one with "invincibility (all)", and one with "full heal").

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Birdman

328. Posted:

@RetroGBHippie92 - It's certainly possible for Nintendo to publish a retail version of DM; if they can do it for Freakyforms, Denpa Men is a distinct possibility too!

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

329. Posted:

Birdman wrote:

@RetroGBHippie92 - It's certainly possible for Nintendo to publish a retail version of DM; if they can do it for Freakyforms, Denpa Men is a distinct possibility too!

I would buy it in a heartbeat!

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

330. Posted:

OH YEAH! Just finished off the last of the extra dungeons, and the happy ending was just made happier (won't spoil anything though).

There's nothing quite like tearing through an incredible 3 part true final boss battle with an overpowered lvl 99 team :P

Seriously though, it's been a good long while since I've completely maxed out my party in an RPG (the last time was with Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts, & FFX). I was planning on doing it with Tales of the Abyss as well, but my party is well past lvl 99 with no signs of capping any time soon (I was in the 70's when I first beat the final boss though, so I'm sure I could really decimate him now, since my party's in the 110's).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

331. Posted:

curse this game! making me play my 3ds outside of my house :[

in all seriousness though, this game is a lot of fun and fire mists are evil. also, levels go up to 99? D:

Edited on by Jollykarp

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
Interested in games as art?

"This is the best gift I can give to you right now. A gift without form called "memory". I don't have any money. I can't buy you anything with form. Even so, even without a form, a memory will last forever! I believe that it will."

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Dizzard

332. Posted:

Is there an item or equip you can use to stop enemies running away?

I'm going after incisors with an excite all denpa man at the moment, but if had some way to trap them it would be more fruitful.

Dizzard

AuthorMessage

Uriel_PikpikVII

333. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

OH YEAH! Just finished off the last of the extra dungeons, and the happy ending was just made happier (won't spoil anything though).

There's nothing quite like tearing through an incredible 3 part true final boss battle with an overpowered lvl 99 team :P

Seriously though, it's been a good long while since I've completely maxed out my party in an RPG (the last time was with Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts, & FFX). I was planning on doing it with Tales of the Abyss as well, but my party is well past lvl 99 with no signs of capping any time soon (I was in the 70's when I first beat the final boss though, so I'm sure I could really decimate him now, since my party's in the 110's).

I think TotA caps at 200

Edited on by Uriel_PikpikVII

Play Dysfunctional Systems. Seriously. Do it now!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

334. Posted:

I caught two striped Denpa Men today. A shiny red/blue one and a green/blue one. I haven't checked into their stats much, but I'm proud I got them since they're rarer, and I wanted a striped Denpa Man since before I got the game. Caught both at my shopping central- I must have seen at least 40 Denpa Men there and I still ignored a huge area of it, I'll need to go back soon cause I get the feeling there are gonna be a few really good ones there. :D

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

slidecage

335. Posted:

any new news when part 2 may be imported

slidecage

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

336. Posted:

So many Dragon Quest references in this game it's ridiculous. Incisors are basically the exact equivalent of Metal Slimes, and for some reason they included the 'Puff Puff' massage...either this isn't actually a kids game or they didn't understand the concept. :/

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Birdman

337. Posted:

@Geonjaha - imo this game played eerily similar to DQIX ... just the dungeons, recycling of monster templates, customization ... everything except how you gain new party members and multiplayer components. Not that that's inherently terrible, considering how amazing DQIX was/is, but it just screamed that at me when I was playing DM.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

338. Posted:

@Geonjaha & @Birdman, If I'm not mistaken, one of the people in charge of Denpa Men used to work on the DQ games, which is probably why there's references/similarities.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

ElectricSplash

339. Posted:

I knew i wasn't the only one that saw all te DQ stuff, specially with those Incisors things.

My Backloggery

Twitter: Benjamin_Rosa

AuthorMessage

Demmi-Alpha

340. Posted:

Liking this game so far. I'm up to the third dungeon.

Find me on: DeviantARTTumblrMyAnimeList

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3326-9455