Forums

Topic: The "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave |OT|Summers almost over might as well go out riding some chillwaves. (demo out today)

Posts 321 to 340 of 378

RR529

Since they're second party, I guess that means that Denpa Men is probably their own IP. Since Rare also created their own IPs while a 2nd party dev, and took them when they left.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

RR529

I bought a Cash Ring from the shop (cost 88,000 gold!), but it'll allow me to accumulate gold much quicker now.

I'm going to buy a bunch of Barriers (cost 3,500 gold each), and bully my way through the hardest bosses with invincibility (I'll also make sure my attackers are all at least lvl 90, & my other 4 will be magic backups. One with "revive", one with "great insult", one with "invincibility (all)", and one with "full heal").

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Birdman

@RetroGBHippie92 - It's certainly possible for Nintendo to publish a retail version of DM; if they can do it for Freakyforms, Denpa Men is a distinct possibility too!

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

RetroGBHippie92

Birdman wrote:

@RetroGBHippie92 - It's certainly possible for Nintendo to publish a retail version of DM; if they can do it for Freakyforms, Denpa Men is a distinct possibility too!

I would buy it in a heartbeat!

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

RR529

OH YEAH! Just finished off the last of the extra dungeons, and the happy ending was just made happier (won't spoil anything though).

There's nothing quite like tearing through an incredible 3 part true final boss battle with an overpowered lvl 99 team

Seriously though, it's been a good long while since I've completely maxed out my party in an RPG (the last time was with Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts, & FFX). I was planning on doing it with Tales of the Abyss as well, but my party is well past lvl 99 with no signs of capping any time soon (I was in the 70's when I first beat the final boss though, so I'm sure I could really decimate him now, since my party's in the 110's).

Edited on by RR529

Magikarp3

curse this game! making me play my 3ds outside of my house :[

in all seriousness though, this game is a lot of fun and fire mists are evil. also, levels go up to 99? D:

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Dizzard

Is there an item or equip you can use to stop enemies running away?

I'm going after incisors with an excite all denpa man at the moment, but if had some way to trap them it would be more fruitful.

Dizzard

TsunamiSensei

RR529 wrote:

OH YEAH! Just finished off the last of the extra dungeons, and the happy ending was just made happier (won't spoil anything though).

There's nothing quite like tearing through an incredible 3 part true final boss battle with an overpowered lvl 99 team

Seriously though, it's been a good long while since I've completely maxed out my party in an RPG (the last time was with Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts, & FFX). I was planning on doing it with Tales of the Abyss as well, but my party is well past lvl 99 with no signs of capping any time soon (I was in the 70's when I first beat the final boss though, so I'm sure I could really decimate him now, since my party's in the 110's).

I think TotA caps at 200

Edited on by TsunamiSensei

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Drawdler

I caught two striped Denpa Men today. A shiny red/blue one and a green/blue one. I haven't checked into their stats much, but I'm proud I got them since they're rarer, and I wanted a striped Denpa Man since before I got the game. Caught both at my shopping central- I must have seen at least 40 Denpa Men there and I still ignored a huge area of it, I'll need to go back soon cause I get the feeling there are gonna be a few really good ones there.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

slidecage

any new news when part 2 may be imported

slidecage

Geonjaha

So many Dragon Quest references in this game it's ridiculous. Incisors are basically the exact equivalent of Metal Slimes, and for some reason they included the 'Puff Puff' massage...either this isn't actually a kids game or they didn't understand the concept. :/

I make Pixel Art on occasion, and sometimes sell them as Game Assets.

Birdman

@Geonjaha - imo this game played eerily similar to DQIX ... just the dungeons, recycling of monster templates, customization ... everything except how you gain new party members and multiplayer components. Not that that's inherently terrible, considering how amazing DQIX was/is, but it just screamed that at me when I was playing DM.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

RR529

@Geonjaha & @Birdman, If I'm not mistaken, one of the people in charge of Denpa Men used to work on the DQ games, which is probably why there's references/similarities.

Ben__Harlan

I knew i wasn't the only one that saw all te DQ stuff, specially with those Incisors things.

Ben__Harlan

Twitter:

Demmi-Alpha

Liking this game so far. I'm up to the third dungeon.

Artist and Game Designer

Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

Demmi-Alpha

I'm assuming that's what we're calling them, dungeons? xD Anyway, I just defeated the Octospider and unlocked the PC. Apparently there's over 20 hours of gameplay which is great for a eShop exclusive. However, I've found it to be extremely easy... For now. :3

Artist and Game Designer

Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

Spoony_Tech

demmi-defender wrote:

I'm assuming that's what we're calling them, dungeons? xD Anyway, I just defeated the Octospider and unlocked the PC. Apparently there's over 20 hours of gameplay which is great for a eShop exclusive. However, I've found it to be extremely easy... For now. :3

Yeah its not too hard except some later bosses get harder unless your insanely leveled up. The last dungeon however is not easy at all. I'm in my mid 30s level wise and I'm going to have to grind for a bit before I can beat the game. I really need to pick this game back up and finish it.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RetroGBHippie92

For the Final Boss (not the post-story dungeons), you need to be at least lvl45 if not more to beat him IMO. I've done plenty of grinding so far, but to those who say its just barely over 25 hours long (including post-story dungeons) then you've probably miscalculated or something. I've played at least 35-37 hours so far and I haven't stopped yet. I'm sure though some people just sprint through the game to beat it and such, but If you've played or ever loved a Zelda game or dungeon-crawler, you would've learned to love to explore the environments of any such RPG, regardless. I was hoping that there was gonna be some kind of reward for competing the maps in each dungeon, but nothing has surfaced so far, I've pretty much scaled high and low every single dungeon and I've grinded heavily too, so this game is defintiely longer than 25 hours, that is if you had put all the extra effort to grind for the final boss and for the post-story dungeons.
Man, I think The Denpamen: They Came By Wave should get an award for best downloadable Nintendo game of the year. It has just about everything I wanted to see and it defintiely delivered to my expectations. This game has a pretty catchy OST, pretty good 3D, and the inclusion of AR-based functionality and wifi detection is superb. The let down is there isn't as much customisation as I would've liked and it would've benefitted more when scouring dungeons or facing bosses, so then I could've strategised with my Denpamen more, e.g. add extra layers of defence against certain elemental attacks or more attacks/stronger abilities.
But the fact is, Genius Sonority has already made a sequel and it's already been released in Japan, so I am guessing some of the more minor things like customisation will be improved in the sequel and all out benefitting the next game. I'm overall impressed by this game, it started off as a rather novelty and had us gamers curious about the weird, cutesy feel of the game, but now that i've progressed further (and still haven't 100%'d the game, which I plan to do) I think this game deserves a whole lot more recognition than it has got. Sure it's no Pokemon, Final Fantasy or GoldenSun, but this game is awesome and I really hope the sequel makes it out here.
Speaking of the sequel, Genius Sonority recently said they're still contemplating a release in the west, although they did say they had already begun localisation, they also said they needed to watch the sales of the first Denpamen game before bringing over it's sequel. Looking at sales so far, on our eShop The Denpamen is already number 2 on the recent releases, just under Pokemon Dream Radar, this looks to be really promising that we'll get The Denpamen 2.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Aqueous

@RetroGBHippie92 - I've explored ever tiny bit of every dungeon in the main game, finished all the maps and opened every chest. Cleared it in just over 13 and a half hours, Denpa Men from levels 39-42 used. That sadly includes the 2-3 hours I went grinding in the demo (I think grinding as a weakness on my part but I was enjoying myself) and long periods of time on buses catching Denpa Men. I don't think the ones saying 25 are unreasonable, it would not surprise me if one could do it in less either. It is good to hear you are enjoy yourself. I know you had a long wait for this one.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic