Forums

Topic: The "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave |OT|Summers almost over might as well go out riding some chillwaves. (demo out today)

Posts 301 to 320 of 378

Sephariel

I like the demo but before i purchase i need to know. Do you have to grind in this game ?

Sephariel

RR529

Sephariel wrote:

I like the demo but before i purchase i need to know. Do you have to grind in this game ?

While things will go a lot smoother for you if you choose a great team to tackle a particular dungeon, grinding is still very much a part of the experience.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Spoony_Tech

Sephariel wrote:

I never felt like I had to grind till the very last dungeon.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Aqueous

Sephariel wrote:

As long as your variety is good, you explore every place in the game and purchase equipment to reduce damage, you should not have to grind at all or very little.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

RainbowCrasher

There was no data transfer screen at the start. I tried redownloading it but that didnt work. HELP!!!

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Aqueous

@RainbowCrasher - Beat the demo, then go to the docks where they gave you a raft, save there, then start the game and transfer.

RainbowCrasher

Thanks Aqueous. Does each wifi thing only have a few unique denpa men??? Coz thats true for mine. Loving it (and going to the dentist, so many powerful and rare denpas there) nonetheless.

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Aqueous

@RainbowCrasher - No problem at all. Good luck. Seems very spot has a few unique ones.

Dizzard

Is anybody else struggling to get the game to recognise qr codes? I must have snapped this same qr code about 40 times now and it won't recognise it....

The qr codes aren't unclear either. I even printed one out just in case it was screen glare but it still won't work.

It's just a joke.

Edited on by Dizzard

Dizzard

Birdman

@Dizzard - For the record, I have 100% no clue why this would result, but it may be because you're scanning NA and/or Japanese DM when your game only recognizes EU DM? I have absolutely no clue as to why it would do something ridiculous like that, but that may be why.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

RR529

I've recently jumped back on. I forgot how fun this game is

I've beaten the main game long ago, but there's still some bonus areas I need to finish.

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Dizzard

That could be it....although it's completely ridiculous if that's the case. Surely they would know it's highly likely for people to be scanning qr codes from other regions and that it would just cause confusion and make people think the scanner is broken?

Could somebody from Europe post a qr code for a denpa man so I can check?

Dizzard

RR529

To those of you whom have completed the main game:

I'm on the final bonus dungeon (Guardian Tower), at it's boss (the 3 chess pieces you have to fight back to back), & was wondering the best way to beat them (since I've always lost against them so far).

Dizzard

Just wondering, what level do antenna roots change into proper antennas?

I've only encountered one antenna root denpa man so far (in my house in fact) but his root still hasn't evolved and he's at level 27.

Dizzard

Spoony_Tech

I believe I was at around level 31 when my first one changed. I still have one that hasn't changed yet though. I would say between levels 30-35 for the transformation.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Birdman

@Dizzard - Depends on the root. There's a section of the house that'll tell you what abilities develop when, but I couldn't name any off the top of my head (or any roots either)

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

BenAV

I ended up going for a midnight walk with my 3DS out last night so I could find some more good Denpa Men.
Loving this game so far.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

RetroGBHippie92

Guys, some of my Denpamen have had their Antennae grow three times, is there at all a limit to how many times it can grow and what is it? one of my denpamen had small heal, then it progressed to medium and then Full Heal, would this same concept happen with elemental moves as well as status moves? so far i've had a Denpamen with Fatal grow it's ability to Fatal (All) and some denpamen with falling rock evolve their ability to Avalanche.
Man i'm really loving this game, I'm so happy I waited this long in order to play it, I guess it's a necessary evil huh? How long do you think until the rest of the world gets The Denpamen 2? Aren't they localising it right now? I am SOOOOOOO looking foward to it, in the mean time I'll have to find more time after this playthrough of They Came By Wave, to replay it once more.
Also do you think nintendo might bring out a retail version of both games? They could definitely fit both games on one cartridge, I would definitely buy it, just saying.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

RR529

@RetroGBHippie92, some magic attacks have 3 forms, some 2, and others just 1. It really depends on what it is (at some point you unlock a museum that has all of these).

Also, Nintendo isn't involved with the game as far as I know. Genius Sonority both developed & published it. I'd personally like to stay eShop exclusives, to help promote the quality games that's only available through it.

RetroGBHippie92

@RR529 Would you still say that The Denpamen is still a Nintendo property though? considering Genius Sonority is partly owned by Nintendo? are they second or first party?
Edit: I checked Wikipedia and yes, they are a second party dev, they're private, but they are basically under nintendo's wing, much like Gamefreak.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic