3DS eShop Forum

Topic: The "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave |OT|Summers almost over might as well go out riding some chillwaves. (demo out today)

Showing 281 to 300 of 383

AuthorMessage

Siva22

281. Posted:

Radixxs wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

Have the full version! Feel free to ask any questions. In the meantime definitely do level up your characters like crazy in the demo. You will need it!

All my Denpa Men are either level 11 or 12 right now, and I have an enormous stockpile of potions as well. I'll try to get them to level 14 before the full game launches, but the enemies in the dungeon are so pitiful it's starting to take forever to reach the next level.

Still, the difficulty you hinted at is intriguing & a bit surprising, given how the game's presented.

@Radixxs, I believe the game is detecting the amount of Wi-Fi signals in an area, and using that as "radiowaves" for the purpose of the game's theme. You can't collect Denpa Men with the Wi-Fi turned off (the game will actually pause, with your main Denpa Man asking you to turn it back on), and people have stated that in an area where there's a lot of Wi-Fi activity, there are more Denpa Men.

If the 3DS could actually pick up radio waves, there would likely be a radio function in the "3DS Sound" app, and I'm sure that it would have been mentioned before now (I highly doubt Nintendo would have neglected to mention this particular bit of information in every single presentation of the 3DS' capabilites).

Still, that's pretty cool. I would definitely get this if it was $6.99, maybe at $9.99.

the game is $9.99!!!

siva22

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2986-0757

AuthorMessage

Siva22

282. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

The full game comes out today, and better yet, I found 50 Rupees! JOY!!!

you can get more than a 1000 rupees... but still, awesome!!

siva22

AuthorMessage

Dizzard

283. Posted:

The Nintendo direct did say the Denpa Men was coming out in Europe before the end of 2012 didn't it?

They're running out of time, especially since the demo would be out a week before release.

Dizzard

AuthorMessage

Siva22

284. Posted:

oh yeah. that. that's why i live in canada...

siva22

AuthorMessage

Dizzard

285. Posted:

I was just playing the demo and it's a lot of fun.

The demo was a little shorter than I thought it would be though, for some reason I got the impression from others that it went on for longer. Also it's a bit disappointing where I live there isn't many radio waves.

When you defeat the first boss (wolfman guy) that's it for the demo right?

Edited on by Dizzard

Dizzard

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

286. Posted:

Dizzard wrote:

I was just playing the demo and it's a lot of fun.

The demo was a little shorter than I thought it would be though, for some reason I got the impression from others that it went on for longer. Also it's a bit disappointing where I live there isn't many radio waves.

When you defeat the first boss (wolfman guy) that's it for the demo right?

Yes
I found that driving around town was the best way to pick up Denpa men.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Dizzard

287. Posted:

Do we know exactly what produces denpa men?

Through the house I found a denpa men:

• One at the modem in my room
  • One at the tv in the kitchen
  • One at the tv in the sitting room.
  • One at the sky box in the sitting room
  • One in the bathroom from nowhere in particular for some bizarre reason.

Another slightly annoying thing is I don't like how it interrupts your search all the time, I wish it just kept the radar on until you were finished.

I might bring my 3DS out with me some day soon, although I don't like brining it outside the house.

Edited on by Dizzard

Dizzard

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

288. Posted:

Unfortunately if you don't take it out of the house with you you won't find many more then you already have. The game picks up different WiFi hot spots. You won't find any more in your house then you already have. Try walking down the street to pick up some of your neighbors WiFi signals.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Dizzard

289. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Unfortunately if you don't take it out of the house with you you won't find many more then you already have. The game picks up different WiFi hot spots. You won't find any more in your house then you already have. Try walking down the street to pick up some of your neighbors WiFi signals.

Really? The radius for picking up on the radio waves seemed pretty small. I think I would have to be standing right outside their door to pick anything up....

Dizzard

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

290. Posted:

why should you collect more than like 6? can you have more than 5 denpa men in your battle group later?

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

291. Posted:

You can have up to 8 later.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

RR529

292. Posted:

@Dizzard, you can keep going back to the dungeon, after completing it, to level up your Denpa Men. That's why those of us who DL'd it before the full game came out got a lot of time from it. So our Denpa Men would be powerhouses by the time the full game came out (since you can carry over everything).

@6ch6ris6, By the third dungeon, you'll have a whopping 8 Denpa Men in your party at any given time. You'll need to collect dozens, though, as each color is effected by different elements differently, so you'll need to switch up your party every time you get to a new dungeon (because who gave you an advantage in one dungeon, won't be all that helpful in the next).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Birdman

293. Posted:

@6ch6ris6 - Different Denpa Men have different resistances (their color), stats, and Antennae (special attacks). You'll want to keep a ton of different DM around for whenever you switch dungeons. If this sounds like a ton of grinding, don't worry; all DM level together (but at different rates), so if you catch a ton of DM but continue to use your same party, the new ones you haven't been using should be good to go when you need them.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Dizzard

294. Posted:

Does anybody know how many different Denpa Men there are?

Dizzard

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

295. Posted:

Dizzard wrote:

i think they are created randomly. so maybe a few millions? you can make qr-codes for them and exchange them that way

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Dizzard

296. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Dizzard wrote:

i think they are created randomly. so maybe a few millions? you can make qr-codes for them and exchange them that way

Yeah I was thinking this after I posted the question. None of the denpa men I have caught are ones I've seen posted online. I caught this really fierce looking ice denpa man called Adriel.

Also, I just took my 3DS out in the car and I caught a whopping 24 denpa men! I could have caught more except the limit was 30. I actually released a denpa men that floats around my house since I could easily get it later anyway. I even caught a blue/green swirly one. :D

I'm guessing you have to take pictures of the QR codes to post them online? As in you can't save them to your sd card like with freakyforms?

Edited on by Dizzard

Dizzard

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

297. Posted:

Later on in the real game you can get plenty more Denpa men. I think I have over 100. It's nice to have multiples of some for certain dungeons!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

298. Posted:

I have no idea if anyone has posted about this and I apoligize if so but the demo is on the Australian eShop now and it will come out soon! I actually really can't wait to buy it when it does! :D
So there you go @Dizzard , I would assume the European store got it too.

Edited on by Drawdler

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Pikpikp

299. Posted:

Finally made it to the Ice Dungeon!

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Birdman

300. Posted:

@Dizzard - From what I've seen (and personally attempted), unfortunately, you are correct. You will need to take pictures of the QR Codes, then post them separately online. It stinks, you bet, but it's than not being able to generate QR Codes at all, I guess.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062