3DS eShop Forum

Topic: The "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave |OT|Summers almost over might as well go out riding some chillwaves. (demo out today)

Showing 261 to 280 of 383

AuthorMessage

Kitsune_Rei

261. Posted:

I'm not very far, but I love the game so far! The combination of mechanics with the little quirky details of love make it fantastic :3 I really want to go out an catch more denpa men, it seems like there's a lot of different antennae to find! But since I'm not far my house keeps filling up ;_; I've found a couple great ones though, Hailstorm is great for the first place after the demo dungeon, and so is fireball. I see their abilities change as they level up, for instance whirlwind is now sandstorm, but I assume that's just a stronger version of the same thing. It seems like most stuff is single target unless it says (all), though Hailstorm is an exception.

I don't know if anyone else played Treasure World for DS, but I loved that game because it was a really simple thing to do while traveling around- it would seek wifi signals and generate treasures from them, and if someone went to the same signal they'd find the same thing. I love that this game is like this with finding denpa men!

I plan on taking photos of my men to share when I get some more time :) Its a shame you can't just save the QR code.

I think the only thing that would make this game better is if you could share a select denpa men with others via streetpass (kinda they way you share a song with FF theatrhythm.)

Edited on by Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei

AuthorMessage

RR529

262. Posted:

First mediocre review. Nintendo World Report: 6.5/10.

They liked the easy to use battle system & quirkiness, but said once that uniquness wears off, it's the most basic kind of long boring grind from beginning to end, without much in the way of strategy.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

263. Posted:

I can even tell from the demo that the statement is false. You have to sooner or later map out each denpa's move so that they don't die instantly. Using auto or No skill won't help you later on.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

264. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Does anyone know how to defeat Molars? They're the little grey tooth looking things.

I just accidently killed one.
They give 15,550 exp each D:

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

RR529

265. Posted:

I just beat the boss of the Funny Forest dungeon (Aqua Golem), opened the red chest to get the dungeon's treasure, and it said "CLEAR"!, but there's no little yellow star over the island's image on the map (which normally appears after you beat a dungeon).

Anyone else know what's up? Is it possible that it was a "fake" boss, and the dungeon's true boss is somewhere else? after I beat it, my lead denpa men said something about it not being part of their trial.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RR529

266. Posted:

OK, I found (& beat) the real boss of Funny Forest (Ice Golem). Now I've just entered Guardian Tower (which looks to be the final dungeon in the game). If you go down (instead of up, like you're supposed to), you'll run across a door which is recommended lvl 99! I bet there's some good treasure (and tough as nails enemies) beyond!

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

267. Posted:

I Beat Him! NonSpecificActionFigure I did it!
Untitled
*Spoilers*Edit: the game continues after the tower... CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

RR529

268. Posted:

The main boss(es) in the Guardian Tower are soooo cheap!

SPOILERS

There are 3 bosses you have to fight in a row at the top (all pallet swaps of the Scorch Volcano boss). The first two are workable, but that last one is so cheap! Starting out, his defense rivals that of a molar/golden fang, he has a high attack power, and gets two consecutive attacks a turn. When you get him down enough, his "limiter" will be released, making him so strong he'll kill your entire party in two hits (and since he gets two consecutive turns, it's pretty much unavoidable).

SPOILERS END

I guess I'll have to use invincible (all) against him, during the final part, because I see no other way around it.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

269. Posted:

Any news of a Europe release yet?

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

270. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

The main boss(es) in the Guardian Tower are soooo cheap!

SPOILERS

There are 3 bosses you have to fight in a row at the top (all pallet swaps of the Scorch Volcano boss). The first two are workable, but that last one is so cheap! Starting out, his defense rivals that of a molar/golden fang, he has a high attack power, and gets two consecutive attacks a turn. When you get him down enough, his "limiter" will be released, making him so strong he'll kill your entire party in two hits (and since he gets two consecutive turns, it's pretty much unavoidable).

SPOILERS END

I guess I'll have to use invincible (all) against him, during the final part, because I see no other way around it.

Wait... Invincible All? What level Does an Invincible evolve into that?
Or is it its own root?

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

RR529

271. Posted:

^Level 50, I believe (takes up a ton of magic though. My Denpa Man that uses it, is a little over Level 80, & can only use it 3-4 times before his energy is spent).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

272. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I Beat Him! NonSpecificActionFigure I did it!
Untitled
*Spoilers*Edit: the game continues after the tower... CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!

What? theres more after that? I just beat the boss, and got to the the extra story, and now theres more to that D:
Untitled
Well, atless the game gives you your money worth.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

273. Posted:

Do you find it weird that there is usually an enemy that's harder than the boss of that dungeon?
Like...

Stingray Harder than Octopider
Heat Mammoth Harder than Pawn
Hydraplant harder than Moss Demon

See?

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

274. Posted:

Both Stingray and Heat Mammoth are pretty easy to deal with.
The moss demon is also way harder if you don't know it's little secret.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Pikpikp

275. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

What is the secret? I've been stuck on that thing for weeks. i know it is weak to fire and falls asleep, but i still fail . :(

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Siva22

276. Posted:

Duh... I have up to level.20! Working on defeating king of evil though..

siva22

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2986-0757

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

277. Posted:

Popo_man wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

What is the secret? I've been stuck on that thing for weeks. i know it is weak to fire and falls asleep, but i still fail . :(

Use wind spells on him. That's all I'll say~

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Siva22

278. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Just finished the Tower of Evil (3rd dungeon). OMG, that boss fight was way more awesome than I was expecting from this game! I can't wait to see what they have in store for the rest of the adventure!

@Vishiyra, despite your concerns, I'd go with a white one. They have no elemental weakness (which means he won't be extra compromised in any dungeon), and are strong against darkness (which will come in handy in the most important dungeons).

wut? he's so hard!!! iv'e tried so much, but when he says"hmph. time to get serious!", dude, it's over for me.

siva22

AuthorMessage

Siva22

279. Posted:

photofool83 wrote:

I agree. The demo is a blast so far! I might have to purchase this game.

you should try it. it's really awesome!!!

siva22

AuthorMessage

Siva22

280. Posted:

Vishiyra wrote:

Anyone have thoughts on what the best traits for your 'starter' DM to have, since you're stuck with him through every dungeon?

Colour preferences?
Good stat focuses?

I know the only starting antenna is Revive, but that still leaves a lot of options.

I'm constantly resetting, trying to find a good one. I tried out a white DM for a while that had good HP and attack, but the attack had barely risen - at Lv5, he was still at 10, while my other DMs were ~17.

Is there any way of predicting which stats will rise the most based on their starting starts/colour/etc? Or is it tied to their antenna, like will all Revive DM not get much attack?

Dunno. Haven't tried yet.. But everything looks normal to me.

siva22