3DS eShop Forum

Topic: The "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave |OT|Summers almost over might as well go out riding some chillwaves. (demo out today)

Showing 241 to 260 of 383

AuthorMessage

Pixel-Perfect

241. Posted:

Hmm... I think the only gnomes I've seen are the ones at the start. ;-; Is the game punishing me for skipping the fire dungeon?

Pixel-Perfect

3DS Friend Code: 4227-2067-0445 | Nintendo Network ID: Aerona

AuthorMessage

Pixel-Perfect

242. Posted:

Got it.

Pixel-Perfect

3DS Friend Code: 4227-2067-0445 | Nintendo Network ID: Aerona

AuthorMessage

RR529

243. Posted:

I finally defeated the Evil King, rescued Crystal, & saw the credits roll!

SPOILERS
The adventure's still not done though, as now there are three extra dungeons to delve into!
SPOILERS END

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

willobee

244. Posted:

Good lord how many dungeons are in this game?! I'm definitely liking the amount of content this game has, and I only just started the volcano level.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

RR529

245. Posted:

Now that I've beaten the main story, I'll air my two issues with the game.

1. Later on, they reuse earlier bosses (or pallet swaps of bosses) for normal enemy encounters. Boss battles are meant to be special, and relegating bosses to normal enemy status takes away from the game, IMO. I understand they probably had limited space to work with (being a download), but I would have gladly taken a 3rd or 4th pallet swap of some other normal enemies over pallet swaping former bosses.

2. This isn't a big issue, but I wish there was a way to repel weaker enemies. It's annoying when you go back to an early dungeon to look for extras, only to run into a bunch of fights that aren't constructive at all (enemies so weak their exp is trivial). I would have liked enemies to run away from you, if you were maybe 20 levels higher than the recommended level (or allow you to buy an item that repells enemies).

Overall though, it's an utterly fantastic title, and my favorite eShop game.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Fudgenuggets

246. Posted:

Ugh, I can't kill the Ice Demon at Ice Island. All of my Denpas in my party are at least lvl 35. I have my main character (Revive), Excite (All), Hot Blanket (All), Fire Wall, Rising Flames, Full Heal, Medium Heal (All), and one with no antenna (light blue and high attack and defense). He keeps KOing my healers and Hot Blanket, and it's hard to keep reviving them because I don't get the chance to attack. I can get his HP down until he get's angry, but after that is when I start to die. D:

I seriously need a new strategy. Someone help? T-T

Edited on by Fudgenuggets

3DS: 3609-1364-2981

AuthorMessage

jdarrell

247. Posted:

I beat it at level 35, but all my denpas were light-blue. My fire spell denpa and healer kept dying in one turn when the Ice Demon was in phase 2, so I had to take them out and try again with an all light-blue party. Luckily I had a light-blue revive denpa.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

248. Posted:

You need to also try to put on clothing that helps against ice attacks! All my men right now have the same outfit for the fire dungeon! So far no problems!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Birdman

249. Posted:

For the ice demon (since I just beat him last night), it helps to have higher levels than the main screen recommends. I beat him with my crew all around Lv. 43 or so. Also, for those that like using the AP Medium Heal (All), it upgrades to Full Heal (All) at level 42, so it may be worth it to grind until then. Additionally, the boss is also weak to light in addition to fire, so if you have a DM with Laser Cannon, he'll be useful.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Fudgenuggets

250. Posted:

So I beat the game a few days ago and I had Crystal join my Denpa House. HER STATS ABSOLUTELY SUCK.

Low Attack, Defense, etc. Her only good thing about her besides her Heal (All) antenna is her high evasion and average speed. But that;s about it. :/

3DS: 3609-1364-2981

AuthorMessage

RR529

251. Posted:

Does anyone know how to defeat Molars? They're the little grey tooth looking things.

All the magic I've tried is ineffective, most of my physical attacks miss, and when they do hit, absolutely no damage is done! (my party is between lvls 50-60).

I've beaten the main game, btw. I was just wondering if anyone knows the secret to these little guys (oh, they're not ghosts, either).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

252. Posted:

@Fudgenuggets: Well, she's the only official Denpa Girl. That's someth- Oh.

The only way to kill the teeth enemies is hitting them with brute force and hope the hits will connect and they won't run away.
Experiment time! Why don't you try using these Damage 2 rings? They may help.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

RR529

253. Posted:

^Thanks for the tip.

Oh, and I've seen another female Denpa Man (err, Denpa Woman) in the game besides Crystal. Her name is Noel, and she's a white one with eye drops (all). When I caught her, she said something along the lines of "is this how you were taught to treat a lady!".

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

254. Posted:

So there are wild Denpa Women after all.
D: I haven't found any, only overly girly denpa men.

(I'm looking at you, Mr. Heavy Make-Up)

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

255. Posted:

I've beat about 3 of those incisors! All you can really do is hope they don't run. I believe they give you 4444 experience. I'm about ready to head into the oasis dungeon and am around level 30-32! I love the pace of this game. I haven't had to grind for anything yet. I wouldn't even mind if the men at the house didn't level up. That would at least extend the length of the game.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

256. Posted:

@Morptroid - It woke up and finished my team, I made the error of making an auto move....

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

257. Posted:

@Aqueous: It's about the moss monster, right? My denpa Lennon keept hitting it with wind magic, so even though it woke up every turn, it was sleeping again by the end of the turn :P

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

258. Posted:

@Morphtroid - Wind makes it sleep? So that's the trick to this one, just like Pawn then a hidden weakness.

[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

259. Posted:

Yeah, I found it out by accident.
It made the battle one of the easiest boss battles in a video game ever.

Specially awkward after seeing the monster for the first time and expecting an epic fight.

The Ice Monster, on the other hand....

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

260. Posted:

@Morphtroid without that trick it is hard, well now for an easy fight I guess...