3DS eShop Forum

Topic: The "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave |OT|Summers almost over might as well go out riding some chillwaves. (demo out today)

Showing 201 to 220 of 383

AuthorMessage

RR529

201. Posted:

I believe the Crystal in my game is also orange & had cure.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

202. Posted:

Today, I got a rare "Coin" Derpaman, he gives you more cash in battle.
Along with a rare "Summer Sun","Downburst","Magma Wave","Snowstorm","Magnitude 12", and Tidal Wave" DerpaMen,
I have the Tidal Wave DM already posted here, if you want to try it out.

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Birdman

203. Posted:

So, I decided to post some of my rarer DM here. Sure, they're not as rare or exotic as LJM's, but they're all at around level 30, so hopefully they'll be helpful to most of you. Because I have 8 I'm posting right now, I'm just gonna include their color(s) along with their antenna power (if they have one - several are simply multicolored).

1. Red - Medium Heal Untitled
2. Red - Rising Flames Untitled
3. Red - Mud Stream Untitled
4. Blue/Orange - No antenna (but he's a tank!) Untitled
5. White - Cyclone Untitled
6. Blue - Laser Beam Untitled
7. Blue/Green - No antenna (tank) Untitled
8. Red/White - No antenna Untitled

Edit: Now that I see how big the pics are, sorry 'bout that; I could only get clear shots of the codes by using the highest quality setting on my digital camera (and even then, I had to re-take many of them to get decent shots). Hopefully they're still fine.

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Bazly

204. Posted:

Yeah @Birdman, the game doesn't recognize them. At least not the ones I wanted to copy! Please do try and get better pictures! I want Mud Slide and Laser Beam! :) And maybe Cyclone - is that an upgrade of Sandstorm? And maybe Rising Flames, what does that one do? :P

My Pushmo and Crashmo Levels
My "The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave" QR Codes
My "The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves" QR Codes
3DS Friend Code: 5370-0572-6471
Miiverse Username: iBazly

AuthorMessage

Layton4evr

205. Posted:

I am, maybe that is just part of the story line and is the same for everyone. I am in the ice island right now, I am really enjoying this game :D

Aqueous wrote:

@Bazly - No idea, though one of my Denpa Man have the power to crue that status.

I'm going slower then I normally would at an rpg, simply because I want to just use this for bus trips so it will last a while, rather then my normal frenzy of beating a rpg in a few days.

Spoilers I was curious, is everyone trying to save an orange Denpa named Crystal, with a heal power? I'm just wondering if she is randomized like the starting character.

3DS Friend Code - 2964-8790-3323

AuthorMessage

Dizzard

206. Posted:

Bazly wrote:

Does anybody know what Fatal does btw?

I have absolutely no real idea since I live in Europe, however by the sound of the name it makes me think of a move that very very rarely hits but when it does it's a 1 hit ko.

That's what "fatal" says to me.....either that or some kind of disease/poison inflicting move.

By the way, couldn't you just use the move and find out? :p

Edited on by Dizzard

Dizzard

AuthorMessage

Bazly

207. Posted:

@Dizzard: Haha Fatal is a move that inflicts the "Fatal" status on an enemy. So no, it doesn't do that, and no I can't really just use it and find out. I need to use it on an enemy that will last long enough for me to see what it does. :P I think it's some form of poison...?

AuthorMessage

RR529

208. Posted:

Those Ice Dragons are really annoying, since they can use an attack of their opposite element. Naturally, you'll want to use mostly light blue Denpa Men in the Ice Cave (by and large, they're still really helpful here, BTW), but when you run into an Ice Dragon & hits you with a team wide fire attack, it's a really devastating outcome. I hope the dungeon's boss can't pull a similar move.

Currently Playing:

Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

209. Posted:

I think we should make a DerpaMen QR code thread, I don't want to come in here with too many spoilers, and if made, I'll add all my rare DerpaMen with the best powers in the game, I already got them all.
I'm still in the black tower, trying not to rush the game, but I would like to get my hands on every type of DerpaMen.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

Bazly

210. Posted:

Guys! I have an album up where I intend to post all of my Denpa men! Currently I have posted the three "shiny" Denpa I have caught, as well as any Denpa I have that have spells that affect "all" enemies or allies at once!

http://imgur.com/a/jyZkz#0

Earlier I saw a rare with "Revive", first Denpa I've seen with Revive that isn't the main, but I couldn't catch it! Hopefully I get it soon! I haven't posted all of the Denpa I have, so I'm going to post a list of all the spells I have. Let me know if you want QR codes of any of the following:

5 Denpa with tiny Heal - Gaige, Joshua, Leighton, Van, Eduardo; white, green, white, green, black (respectively). Heals one ally.
1 Denpa with Great Wall - Anderson; whit.: Increases one Denpa's defence.
1 Denpa with Poison Signal - Kane; black. Inflicts Poison status on one foe.
3 Denpa with Flamethrower - Bimmy, Francis, Homer; red, orange, black (respectively). Fire damage against one foe.
3 Denpa with Ice Blade - Conner, Davon, Jeffrey; light blue, green, light blue (respectively). Ice damage against one foe.
1 Denpa with Falling Rock - Reece; orange. Earth damage against one foe.
1 Denpa with Sandstorm - Everett; black. Wind damage against one foe.
1 Denpa with Water Cannon - Keyon; white. Water damage against one foe.
3 Denpa with Bright Flash - Gunner, Alton, Rick; blue, white, white (respectively). Light damage against one foe.
1 Denpa with Haste - Efrain; black. Increases the speed of one ally.

Sorry for the massive post! Let me know if any of you want one of these Denpa! And hopefully I can catch that rare Revive soon. He's in my house somewhere!

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

211. Posted:

@Bazly
I see they made this very tricky to scan rare DenpaMen.
Your Shiny DenpaMen turn into Antenna Roots, but fear not, I learn that Antenna Roots DMs turn back into their rare powers by leveling up.
I have a "Double Gold" DM, if I make a QR code of him, he will be a Antenna Roots DM, untill you level him to 20.
Having Antenna Roots in your box isn't bad, but they won't become useful, untill later on in the game.

University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

RR529

212. Posted:

Posting the QR of any Denpa Man with any sort of light attack would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Currently Playing:

Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

213. Posted:

If I could figure out how to post them. I've got three with bright light. Making it a bit easy in the tower for me.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

214. Posted:

I have a Light (All) (A.K.A. "Summer Sun" power") DM, but he'll be a Antenna Root when you get him, all you have to do is level him, and he will become that power.
I'll be posting him here, in the Denpa Men QR Codes thread.
Best way to talk about the powers in that thread and not spoil story.

University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

215. Posted:

Spoil story? Isn't that like spoiling the story in a Mario game? :O

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

216. Posted:

Yeah but i has such a deep story! I'm wholly engrossed! ;-)

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

217. Posted:

i'm in the water dungeon and doing pretty well considering i don't have any dark blue men...is there a trick to finding them? i haven't seen a one.

i did get a black with an antennae: does 'small damage' or some such. and 1 'bright light'.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

Birdman

218. Posted:

@Bazly (Post #204) - You can't read any of them? I just tried with my game from my Mac, and I could read all but the Red Rising Flames one. Be sure to get the entire code on your screen (hopefully you've tried that), and be sure the entire code fits within the non-shaded space. I think those white-corner pieces are for better alignment or something.

Also, anyone know where the 2 secret rooms in the Oasis dungeon are located?

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Bazly

219. Posted:

@Birdman: None of the pictures HAVE the entire code in them, they're all cut off on the sides. The only ones I tried were Rising Flames and Mud Stream - I don't need the other ones! :P

@DonJumpMad: Yes, when you scan a rare they start off at a low level with an antenna root. But they gain levels quickly since (presumably) you are at a much higher level then they are. I scanned the Denpa with Tidal Wave and he was level 4. By level 8 his Antenna Root grew, and it only took a couple of minutes. I'm not sure why you're telling me this, it's not my fault, they all do that. :P

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

220. Posted:

Oh wow I had no idea this game had it's own "Metal Slime".

I never noticed them during my first time in the evil tower, but the 8th floor is filled with little tooth fairies called "Incisives".
They have 5hp and give 4400 exp each, but they are very hard to kill!

The tower is great for training scanned denpas.

About antenna roots:

If you have the denpa dex, you can see that some antenna abilities are available at certain levels....
For example, wind 1 is available from level 1 and evolves into wind 2 at level 9.
Some other stronger abilities are available from higher levels in their most basic forms... For example:
Winter Sun (the weakest of the "sun" attacks) starts at level 7. Denpas with that kind of powers get the antenna root thing until they are strong enough to use their ability.
Scanned denpas always start at lvl 1, so denpas with strong abilities you scan will have antenna root until you train them.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok