3DS eShop Forum

Topic: The "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave |OT|Summers almost over might as well go out riding some chillwaves. (demo out today)

Showing 121 to 140 of 383

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

121. Posted:

Oh nice, Lennon's antenna evolved! (at level 9) Now he can use Sandstorm too.

I wasn't aware that they could evolve and learn multiple spells. I wonder when will the others evolve.

Edit: Sandstorm replaced Lennon's old magic move :(

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

122. Posted:

This game is awesome! The graphics look amazing and it cool that the Eshop is getting an RPG. $10 seems good to me.

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

123. Posted:

Response from the dev on "restocking" and Denpa Men spawning at other locations:

First the matter of the Denpa Men restocking. A place can be out of Denpa Men once you caught them all. This isn't common because there are a lot of Denpa Men floating around and not all will show themselves every time, but it is possible. So if this happens you'll have to find a new spot to find more Denpa Men.

Second the generating of Denpa Men at a WiFi spot is not totally random. At a certain spot the game generates various Denpa Men randomly, but all the Denpa Men will be same to all players who search at the same location.

So for example if you caught 'Fred' at the train station, another player two days later will be able to catch 'Fred' at the train station as well. But the train station will not generate specifically a lot of red Denpa Men for example.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

124. Posted:

I can't wait to play this tomorrow! o(^o^)o

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

125. Posted:

I can't wait for this game to come out tomorrow. Super excited!

@Philip How close are you to the review? Also does this game have any kind of main story?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

126. Posted:

I should have the review ready tonight, and it'll be likely to post around the same time as the Nintendo Download goes live. :) And it does have a main story...can't remember if they get into it in the demo, but it's pretty standard "rescue your friend from the evil dude" stuff.

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

127. Posted:

The DERPA Men.....ha, I overheard that today and LOL'd. :-P

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

128. Posted:

How many different dungeons are there, and what is the max level for the Denpa Men?

Thanks in advance.

Playlist: FE:A, HM:ANB
Quickplay: HarmoKnight

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

129. Posted:

@Shiromikio - I ruined the last boss design back after Nintendolife started to mention it. Someone in Japan had all 99s for that fight, so I would guess at 99. Of course they might go higher but 99 or 100 tends to be pretty standard for last levels in RPGs

@Chicken_Brutus - Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. I've got to level 8 but I'm not sure if I want to keep grinding, I find a good battle plan can reduce or remove the need to grind in most games. I'll likely give it my best tomorrow, though I think I'll read your review first.
Edit: I keep forgetting to ask this but do the enemies ever get a bonus turn before you get to move, I know there are at least two for our guys in the demo but I am curious if monsters will get that power.

Edited on by Aqueous

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

130. Posted:

I only played the demo once and beat wolf bear on my first try, not reaaaally sure if the game is for me but when ever I get the chance I might give the demo another go.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

131. Posted:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

Response from the dev on "restocking" and Denpa Men spawning at other locations:

First the matter of the Denpa Men restocking. A place can be out of Denpa Men once you caught them all. This isn't common because there are a lot of Denpa Men floating around and not all will show themselves every time, but it is possible. So if this happens you'll have to find a new spot to find more Denpa Men.

Second the generating of Denpa Men at a WiFi spot is not totally random. At a certain spot the game generates various Denpa Men randomly, but all the Denpa Men will be same to all players who search at the same location.

So for example if you caught 'Fred' at the train station, another player two days later will be able to catch 'Fred' at the train station as well. But the train station will not generate specifically a lot of red Denpa Men for example.

That's great! To some it may seem bad that a location can be drained of Denpas but to me that just makes it that much better! It makes it so you have to actually search the real world for new Denpas. My friend says a rare Denpa is floating around his house so I'm gonna have to visit sometime and catch that sucker! Tomorrow's the day. I can't wait!

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

RR529

132. Posted:

I can't wait for tomorrow! I'm starting to get a little tired of that little ole' demo dungeon after a week :P

My Denpa Men are all either level 13 or 14, so I'm good to go!

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

133. Posted:

Aaaargh I can't take it anymore, I need The Denpamen! Hey @Phillip_J_Reed is there anyway you can find out from Nintendo when it's due out or if it's being released in PAL territories? That and also Cave Story+, we PAL gamers need some more brilliant 3DSware!

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

134. Posted:

Aqueous wrote:

@Shiromikio - I ruined the last boss design back after Nintendolife started to mention it. Someone in Japan had all 99s for that fight, so I would guess at 99. Of course they might go higher but 99 or 100 tends to be pretty standard for last levels in RPGs

@Aqueous Thanks. Looks like it will be a substantial game, wasn't sure how far the rabbit hole goes from the short demo. Should be a fun week ahead.

Playlist: FE:A, HM:ANB
Quickplay: HarmoKnight

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

135. Posted:

Shiromikio wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

@Aqueous Thanks. Looks like it will be a substantial game, wasn't sure how far the rabbit hole goes from the short demo. Should be a fun week ahead.

Your welcome, yes, it is shaping up to be a fun week or less depending on how long this game takes.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

136. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

Aaaargh I can't take it anymore, I need The Denpamen! Hey @Phillip_J_Reed is there anyway you can find out from Nintendo when it's due out or if it's being released in PAL territories? That and also Cave Story+, we PAL gamers need some more brilliant 3DSware!

Haha, I wish I knew! And I do hope you guys aren't far behind...I'd love to get some nice QR Denpas from as many regions as I can.

Speaking of which...if anyone finds a Phil or Philip Denpa...I WANT IT.

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

137. Posted:

@Philip_J_Reed
I think I have a Philip floting around my house, but I don't know how to post the AR code, let alone scan it yet.
Guess you gotta wait untill the game comes :P

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

pariah164

138. Posted:

I am excited for this. Somuch. I loved the demo.

The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

139. Posted:

the first time i played the demo i was distracted and all my wee guys were slaughtered. when i play it the next time, i was able to devote some thought to it and i've fallen in love with it; been grinding that one, old dungeon for hours.

i've got 5 guys with antennae, tho none have 'evolved' yet. stopped at walmart and there were tons of the wee guys floating all over the place. that struck me as funny. i probably looked pretty funny standing in the parking lot and moving all over trying to catch as many as i could, lol.

can't wait til tomorrow!

Edited on by k8sMum

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

140. Posted:

We went to dinner yesterday and I hunted for Denpa men on the road.

Lots of little black Denpa and some cool colored ones. Though 98% of them had no antenna :|
I tried to find one with "antenna root" but I couldn't get any.

At least I could find one with heal and another one with insult <3

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok