3DS eShop Forum

Topic: The "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave |OT|Summers almost over might as well go out riding some chillwaves. (demo out today)

Showing 101 to 120 of 383

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

101. Posted:

@Morphtroid: Yeah, I don't think the Denpas actually respawn. I think each hotspot has like 4-6 Denpas tied to it and that's it. Once you catch them, they're gone and that's that. If there is some type of respawning that goes on it must take at least a few days to happen since again, Olin is the only one that had been floating around my house the last few days. I wonder though...if you catch every Denpa Man in your house if the game will eventually toss you a new one in the hotspot....I'm off to test this theory!

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

102. Posted:

Ok, back from my test. I caught Olin. For the moast part it seems I'm correct. Granted, after Olin was captured, one new guy (although, I MIGHT have seen him flying around on the first day) named Justin appeared. I caught him and was then told to try somewhere else as there are no more Denpas in the area. Just to be certain, I exited the game and then went back in and as expected, nothing! I will continue checking over the next couple days to see if the game will indeed swap in more Denpas after a while but as it stands, it appears as though once Denpas in a territory are gone, they're gone! I imagine I might find a couple new guys if I go to another room in the house as I may be touching a neighbor's wifi then. Oh, and I forgot to say before (although this may already be known) if you let a Denpa Man go, you can find it again in the real world spot that you originally got them. Also, if re-captured, they'll actually remember you and say something like "oh, so you need me again, huh?" I thought that was a neat touch. The more I study this game, the more it intrigues me. This is how AR should be, real world locations actually having an effect on the game and what you find in your surroundings!

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

103. Posted:

wobee wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I might not be able to get this afterall. Apparently a simple $20 card for 3DS is too expensive yet my family can get 2 couches, a tv, and laptop just like that... -_-

When it's their money, that's perfectly understandable :p

In the demo, it ends going on about other islands... are other islands the other dungeons?

I know it's their money but I just find it rediculous sometimes how asking for something like Pikmin 2 for Wii which is only 20 dollars, I end up getting lectured how we have no money for it yet in the exact same day they buy a new flat screen tv that we don't even need cause we already have 1 that works perfectly!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

104. Posted:

are other islands the other dungeons?

Yep!

How long does it look like this gaming is going to take on average?

I've put in about 10 hours so far with no signs of stopping, so who knows!

Yeah, I don't think the Denpas actually respawn. I think each hotspot has like 4-6 Denpas tied to it and that's it.

Can't speak for everyone of course, but mine definitely respawn. Or, maybe I should say, if I catch them all (or many of them) and check again the next day or so, there's a whole new group for me to catch. Maybe I'm picking up someone else's WiFi signals in the neighborhood, but I'm definitely getting a restocked pool if I wait long enough.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

105. Posted:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

are other islands the other dungeons?

Yep!

How long does it look like this gaming is going to take on average?

I've put in about 10 hours so far with no signs of stopping, so who knows!

Yeah, I don't think the Denpas actually respawn. I think each hotspot has like 4-6 Denpas tied to it and that's it.

Can't speak for everyone of course, but mine definitely respawn. Or, maybe I should say, if I catch them all (or many of them) and check again the next day or so, there's a whole new group for me to catch. Maybe I'm picking up someone else's WiFi signals in the neighborhood, but I'm definitely getting a restocked pool if I wait long enough.

Interesting. I'm still not totally sure so I will be looking into this every day to see (from the same spot in the house of course just to be sure). On another note, 10 hours!? That's awesome! I would have been happy if it was 10 hours start to finish but you're still going. I can see a new 3DS addiction in my future.

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

106. Posted:

We're checking with the developers for clarification on the "restocking" issue. :) Stay tuned, and thanks for bringing it to our attention. I'm assuming at this point that the demo works differently from the full version in terms of restocking (after all, you don't need massive numbers of DMs in the demo, while it sure does help you in the full version), but that's just a guess. We'll get it answered, so thanks!

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

107. Posted:

Awesome! No better people to get the answer from than those who made the game in the first place!

AuthorMessage

RR529

108. Posted:

Finally got all my Denpa Men to level 13! Still got a few days to go before it releases, so I'm going to try and get them to level 14.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

sonic_brawler95

109. Posted:

I thought the demo was neat, and felt a lot like DQIX, which is a good thing since its one of the few RPGS I really enjoyed.
Sadly, I'll have to pass on this game for the moment, since I'm saving my eShop cash for Cave Story+ (it'll be my third Cave Story version, but I can't get enough of it...). But we'll see, I'll probably buy a card for this too.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

110. Posted:

@Philip_J_Reed Question? How does the 3DS pick up the wifi signal exactly? I mean it sounds kinda dubious to me.... Does it just detect Wifi signals or does it actually connect to the source? kinda confused, I wish this game was getting a simutaneous release out here in PAL territory, I will download the demo immediately when or if we get it over here.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

111. Posted:

I don't think it really tries to connecto to the sources, it simply detects them and gets random information from them.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

112. Posted:

@Morphtroid Yeah sounds about right, but I just want to see what @Philip_J_Reed says, but yeah you're probably correct.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

113. Posted:

I been playing the Denpa Man: Demo alot, mostly catching new Denpa man around I go, and getting some real rare ones.
To get new DMs, you need to go to new areas, and I don't mean around your house, but other places out there, like going for a jog or walk around your neighborhood, your bound to find new and even rare DMs with powers you haven't seen.
I wish the in-box that you hold you DMs in was bigger, but it is a demo and I'll just keep with I need and get rid of the rest.
From what I seen with the DMs: White and Black DMs are commen, Color DMs are uncommen, and Stripped Color DMs are rare.
But a DMs is only good when they have an strong Antenna power. Non-antenna DMs are good for just fighting, since thats all they can do.
This demo has really sold me on getting this game, but I did wish it would have a online battle just to fight other players DMs.

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

114. Posted:

To it reads the pedometer?

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

RR529

115. Posted:

As hyped as I am for the game, I watched the trailer for the sequel (which just recently came to Japan's eShop), and I hope this one does well enough for the sequel to be localized as well.

The sequel has an overworld you can explore (instead of menu hopping from location to location), towns to visit, and side activities such as fishing & farming!

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

116. Posted:

Okay, so I over-estimated it when I said I had 10 hours in the game...it turns out it was just 8 and change. Not a huge difference, but in the interest of honesty I'll point that out. Having said that, I finished the dungeon I was in, accomplished something (no spoilers for you!) and unlocked another handful of dungeons to explore, so that's 8 dungeons so far and it looks like there's space on the map for more. It's a lengthy adventure!

Also, I did figure out how to get into the treasure room in the demo cave. Just needed to explore a bit more. ;)

How does the 3DS pick up the wifi signal exactly? I mean it sounds kinda dubious to me.... Does it just detect Wifi signals or does it actually connect to the source?

Yeah, it just detects them. No need to connect, it just detects that they exist.

I wish the in-box that you hold you DMs in was bigger

You can upgrade it as you progress through the game, which is nice, as you can accumulate a huge pool of DMs and then just cycle them in and out of your party as needed.

To it reads the pedometer?

They need do way instain mother.

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

117. Posted:

So how long do Antenna roots take to grow or how many levels? I just caught 3 rare ones on the way home with them.

Edited on by Aqueous

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

118. Posted:

Aqueous wrote:

So how long do Antenna roots take to grow or how many levels? I just caught 3 rare ones on the way home with them.

Not exactly sure, as I didn't take note of what level they were when I got them, but it's safe to say it takes around 10 or more levels for the root to grow. I've had very few of them finally sprout!

AuthorMessage

RR529

119. Posted:

I've noticed that Denpa Men with antennas usually have lower health/attack than Denpa Men who don't. I guess it's the classic example of magic users not having as much physical power. Based on that, I'm guessing you'll want a party with nothing but antenna Denpa Men (you'll need a couple who can dish out the pain, after all).

On another note, I got 2 rare Denpa Men. Both are black, one has an invincibility ability, and the other one has a hailstorm ability. I also got a swirl one (white & orange)!

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Birdman

120. Posted:

Was playing some more (and about to scour the web because that locked room is still on my nerves), and an Orange DM of mine with an antenna power of Falling Rock just leveled up to Lv.12, and his antenna power "grew" to Landslide! Yet to try it out (because it doesn't work on Fang Bats), but I'll be back super quickly (hopefully) to report.

Edit: Nothing about that room came up at the other places I checked. Anyway, Landslide does appear to do more damage than a basic attack, but I would've preferred being able to keep Falling Rock too, unless it wasn't an area-of-effect attack like I thought. Oh well, back to grinding...

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062