3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Steel Diver: Sub Wars

Showing 361 to 380 of 396

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

361. Posted:

@Klimbatize - Have you used them all? The ones involving traps and the markers sound good. One of them replaces that guy that gives +2 torpedoes and -1 submerged speed by only giving the +2 torpedoes. The refill air tank sounds good in a fast dive/surface sub and then we get a +3 surface speed with no downsides if anyone needs that speed boost.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

362. Posted:

I have not used them all. Mechanic repairs faster, that's all I've seen.

In 1 v 1 Friend Battles, I think I may use the combination of +5 Masker and x1.5 Air Refill. Combine that with a fast ship like the Snakehead and I could be a very frustrating opponent.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

363. Posted:

Ok the mechanic has got to be one of the most toxic crews out there. It encourages complete anti-fun strategy of running away. Stalls the game out as long as possible just for a win.

So if you drop a game, does it count as a loss?

Edited on by MasterWario

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

364. Posted:

i never use the mechanic. i focus more one killing than running away ;)

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

KRO

365. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

Ok the mechanic has got to be one of the most toxic crews out there. It encourages complete anti-fun strategy of running away. Stalls the game out as long as possible just for a win.

When you're on surface you can't mask. Shoot a homing missile, and they're forced to go under. Plus, you don't wanna turn your back to a long-range sub.

KRO

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

366. Posted:

just played the game. need to get some practice again :D

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

367. Posted:

KRO wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

When you're on surface you can't mask. Shoot a homing missile, and they're forced to go under. Plus, you don't wanna turn your back to a long-range sub.

Right, but if they're faster than you and they're circling around the islands on the islands stage... -_-
Hasn't happened to me personally, but it happened to one of my teammates while I was in spectator mode. I raged quit out of there. We would have easily won too.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

368. Posted:

Medic is the best crew member. I was in a group where at least three of us had it so we were unstoppable. I'm glad the devs added it because it really promotes teamwork, which is how I prefer to play. And since I don't have to worry about teamkillers anymore, I don't have that twinge of doubt when a teammate comes charging towards me. Now I actually welcome it.

Auto-masker has to be the most worthless crew member since Clairvoyant.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

AuthorMessage

KRO

369. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

KRO wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Right, but if they're faster than you and they're circling around the islands on the islands stage... -_-
Hasn't happened to me personally, but it happened to one of my teammates while I was in spectator mode. I raged quit out of there. We would have easily won too.

If they move in a circle, and you are inside that circle, it's very easy to go straight towards where they are going. They can't turn, because that takes too long, and will let you catch up. Sure, it might take a little time to catch up if you're far behind, but you will always have the upper hand if they try to retreat

KRO

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

370. Posted:

I'm taking notes, got to get back in the game.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

KRO

371. Posted:

Short-range subs really need a buff. I used to use short-range subs all the time, but as I bought premium, I unlocked some long-range subs. They're pretty much superior to short-range subs in every aspect, even closequarters combat. Short-range subs need a small increase in firing rate, and either a bit more durability or mobility.

KRO

AuthorMessage

yokokazuo

372. Posted:

Does anyone have some tips for using the Blue Marine? I don't think I'm very good at this game and most of the time I don't stand much of a chance against stronger subs since mine can only take a couple hits... (But I want to use the Blue Marine because of Star Fox XD.

My backloggery
Japanese Nintendo Network ID: NagoyaKazuo | Japanese 3DS Friend Code: 3222-6878-1834

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

AuthorMessage

LeapingLunatic

373. Posted:

Noonch wrote:

I have all the crew but no friends so I'll never get the extra subs.

I have that same problem.

LeapingLunatic

3DS Friend Code: 0490-5080-2483 | Nintendo Network ID: LeapingLunatic

AuthorMessage

Noonch

374. Posted:

@yokokazuo The Blue Marine is almost worthless but it is fun. You can get the health up to 7 or 8 with crew but I still like to have the mechanic on board (run away and heal!).

Sent from my WiiU

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

AuthorMessage

KRO

375. Posted:

For the blue marine, +5 seconds for masker and +1 submerged speed or turn rate, with close range subs you will absolutely need to approach your enemy from the side. Fire off two torps against them. If they have stronger torps, fire off a homing missile and mask. Homing missile will almost always hit at point blank range, even if they mask. Either use mines or oil slick, you decide. Mines will make them stress on getting away, so you can get to their side again, oil slick will make it easier to get to their side if you're hurt. When they start leaking oil, just unload your torps while moving up and down, shoot whenever you can with close range subs, applying pressure makes it harder for them to aim, and you have the best firing rate.

General tip for close range subs, if you're outnumbered, always fire a homing torpedo against the target you're not going to attack. They will mask and you can approach easier.

Edited on by KRO

KRO

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

376. Posted:

Disasterpiece wrote:

Noonch wrote:

I have all the crew but no friends so I'll never get the extra subs.

I have that same problem.

Online "Friend" battle should count towards those subs, right? We can help with that.

I'd actually be up for some online battles soon if anyone else is, although from experience it's hard on forums when we have a limited player base, due to timing and whatnot.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

KRO

377. Posted:

You gotta do 30 local matches. I got them, but they're not that good. They look neat, though

KRO

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

378. Posted:

The 3.0 update is great for many reasons. One thing Nintendo did right was put the game out there via Spotpass. It has flooded the game with a ton of fresh players. Which means it's easier to gain big win streaks again. If you get teamed up with too many new players it could spell certain doom, but I just had a great run--63 games in a row. I've had three 40+ streaks in the last couple of weeks to really bolster my point total. It takes just under 1,600,000 points to hit level 99. I'm a 99 twice over (they really need to lift that level cap).

Untitled

The new crew members are a mixed bag. Auto Masker seems useless to me, as does Mine Master. But I love the +5 Masker and 1.5X Air Refill. They are great when you in close combat, even with a slower sub like the Neptune II. I sometimes switch to Snakehead to be quicker, but I've found I prefer the higher health to faster speed underwater. The turn/dive rates of both subs are close anyway with crew.

When I play in Matched Skill, I take a Medic because experienced players actually team up, and if everyone has one of those it becomes tough to take down the group.

Untitled

Edited on by Klimbatize

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

379. Posted:

@Klimbatize dude that's incredible, props to you. I've had some crazy wins but I can only pull it off every once in a while.

Got any tips? I'm great at sniping people and decent enough at dueling, but I can't seem to handle two people on me at once, let alone a horrid three; that and when close range subs get all up in my face...ugh...

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

380. Posted:

I often have two guys in me at once. I do the same thing to the opposing team--double up in the high level guys.

What I do is focus on the higher level guy, and when I mask I use it as opportunity to flank. That's why I like the +5 so much. When you get in a good spot, stop moving so they don't see you with sonar, and take the extra second or two to line up your shot. I focus on landing a shot every time I de-mask. If I'm low on air, I mask and go above the player to re-air. I may even be able to heal a bit with mechanic when I'm up there. In 1v1s, this can be very effective against the right person. Then, submerge, mask, line up shot.

Also, I try to keep homing torps until I'm right on top of them. They'll often hit even if the enemy masks.

Whenever possible, hang near supply ships. It amazes me that more players don't so this, particularly in the Pool stage. I don't understand rushing to the other side.