3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Steel Diver: Sub Wars

Showing 261 to 280 of 396

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

261. Posted:

Hopefully that means friend battles! Would also like to team up with some of you for online battles. I doubt that will happen. Could you imagine seeing a team of all high levels going up against! It does need to be more balanced though.

Also when going online does everyone try to stick to region only or go world battle. Of only had to disconnects because I try to stick to region. One of those Dc was a world battle.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

262. Posted:

i rarely have discoonects now. it's running very smooth for over a week now.

great to hear they plan an update with more than just better connections! can't wait.

the last 3 subs are definetly the best. way better than any dlc sub! i go with the midrange silverpike.

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

263. Posted:

@Spoony_Tech I mostly play Region, but even when I play Worldwide I don't notice a difference in the frequency of disconnects.

The ability to play against friends would instantly make this game 10 times better.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

264. Posted:

I am thinking of playing this online but I am a really low level. Does anyone have any tips so that I don't get owned or cause my team to lose?

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

265. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

I am thinking of playing this online but I am a really low level. Does anyone have any tips so that I don't get owned or cause my team to lose?

team up with stronger team members, don't rush in but stay out of trouble until the endgame, pick up easy points by hitting enemy supply ships.

Klimbatize wrote:

The ability to play against friends would instantly make this game 10 times better.

Aye aye! Or better yet: the ability to pick your own team and stay with it

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

266. Posted:

@DefHalen You could always play Skills-Based Matches, which group you with people of similar levels, to get started. I did that at first to get used to the controls. Once I felt comfortable with them (only takes a handful of matches), I went into Random Matches.

A good strategy is try to group up at the beginning, if possible. I have the Crew Member that allows me to see where all my allies are on the map, but in case someone on my team doesn't I broadcast my location as soon as the match starts.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

267. Posted:

Oh that's what I've been doing wrong, this is team based. I thought it was one and gun! :-P

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

iphys

268. Posted:

Yeah, I think I mostly played skill-based matches till I got to around level 15-19, and I found it much easier playing those matches. The downside is you don't get the bonus points for win streaks, but you'll probably earn more base points by playing easier opponents so it's worth it when you're first starting out. Once your level gets up to 15 or 20, you might as well play the random battles to try to get the win streak bonus points, because it gets harder and harder to level up and you really need those bonus points to be able to level up any faster than a snail.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

269. Posted:

im at lvl45 and i never get anybody on skill-based matches :D

Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

270. Posted:

I saw someone at level 72. He must have 200+ hours on the game.

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

271. Posted:

So, what do we think about the update? I love it to bits, connection errors are really rare now and don't break a winning streak... how fabulous is that? Also like the fact that they've put in a 3 second wait between morse signals to cut down on all those irritating people constantly sending E's. Well done Nintendo (and so quick!)

Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

272. Posted:

good update. although it is quite qeird that i get more errors now than before. and there seem to be way more high lvl player online now. and always on the opponent team :D

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

273. Posted:

The update is pretty great. Even though I'm still disconnecting after matches periodically, I can immediately get back on (and often wind up with the same players) and my win streak isn't taken away. Can't ask for more as far as that's concerned.

I love the shorter wait time in lobbies, as well. How often would the room fill up and yet everyone would still have to wait 1:50 for the game to start? Much faster and enjoyable experience now.

Too bad this couldn't have come a day earlier when I had that 18 game win streak broken up because of disconnections.

Edited on by Klimbatize

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

274. Posted:

Had an epic match last night - I managed to take down a lvl26 premium submarine (I'm just lvl16, free) after all the other subs had sunk. It's silly but it felt really special. I really like how strategic the game can get if you communicate with your teammates and move accordingly. And thank god Nintendo fixed that Es nervebreaking thing - what's the pleasure in that?! Off to get the premium version soon.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

275. Posted:

i had an epic match today aswell. it was me and some mid 20s player against 4 opponents. one of them 42 premium and the other around 20 i think. first i though "ah damn...well let's try to get at least some points". but then we somehow managed to take down the other team and we both survived! sooooooo awesome !!!

oh and i had a match where i was left against 3 opponents and i killed them all. but somehow that didnt feel so epic :D

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

276. Posted:

I'm beginning to prefer having the fewer number of subs in uneven matches because of the health bump you get when your side is short-handed. More often than not, I have a better chance of winning with the extra health rather than having an extra sub on my team manned by an inexperienced player. I already give my sub a health boost with a crew member, as well as the ability to repair while surfaced. It usually means I can take out an opposing sub, hope for a damage repair box drop, then cruise on the surface for a bit to get back to near 100% health.

Edited on by Klimbatize

AuthorMessage

iphys

277. Posted:

Nice, my first outing with 1.1 I got a 12 win streak (despite getting 2 error codes), and went up 2 full levels. Before that my biggest streak was 5.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

278. Posted:

Only one error in 10 games, got my win streak to 5, might be tricky to get higher then that if level 71s keep going against me :P

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

279. Posted:

Went from level 25 to 31 in one day AND got a winning streak of 7 matches yesterday. The update really makes a world of difference

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

280. Posted:

Very pleased with the update. It allowed me to keep a 16 match win streak despite several disconnections between matches. I went from level 39 to 42 during the streak, so I finally have the Big Walrus. Yay.

Now we just need communities or the ability to join friends' games.

Edited on by Klimbatize