3DS eShop Forum

Topic: So... more retail games are coming to eShop?

Showing 41 to 60 of 69

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

41. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

I'm just gonna fix me previous statement about digital vs retail by saying I do believe options should be available, but I dread the day consoles go fully digital and are unhackable.

No eShop games on the 3DS have gone missing, so we're doing fine.

Exactly and the ones that are gone (freaky forms, cave story, pokedex 3D, Tetris party, and Zelda four swords) are gone for a reason (updated versions) and if you have them already they WILL transfer to the next system

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

42. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

So, the news is out.

And these prices are freaking nonsensical. It made SOME sense for NSMB2 because it was brand new, but these can mostly be found for cheaper prices.

Mario Kart 7: $30 at KMart
SF643D: Consistently cheaper then $25 online
OOT3D/SM3DL: Varies, but still, you can find it cheaper then $40

Except those are usually used, not brand new. These are BRAND NEW games, so they are the MSRP.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

43. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

So, the news is out.

And these prices are freaking nonsensical. It made SOME sense for NSMB2 because it was brand new, but these can mostly be found for cheaper prices.

Mario Kart 7: $30 at KMart
SF643D: Consistently cheaper then $25 online
OOT3D/SM3DL: Varies, but still, you can find it cheaper then $40

Except those are usually used, not brand new. These are BRAND NEW games, so they are the MSRP.

MK7 - New at KMart
SF643D - New on Amazon/eBay
OOT3D/SML3D - Depends.

And I don't see what advantage you get in this case over a used game. With a used game, you typically still get a box with art, and a manual.

This you get nothing physically. For a higher price.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

44. Posted:

Where is Unchained Blades?!?!?!?! >:{

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

45. Posted:

Well, said prices don't follow the MSRP. The MSRP is $40, so that's what they used.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

46. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Where is Unchained Blades?!?!?!?! >:{

On PSP in America, and on Japanese PSPs and Japanese 3DSes

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

47. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

So, the news is out.

And these prices are freaking nonsensical. It made SOME sense for NSMB2 because it was brand new, but these can mostly be found for cheaper prices.

Mario Kart 7: $30 at KMart
SF643D: Consistently cheaper then $25 online
OOT3D/SM3DL: Varies, but still, you can find it cheaper then $40

Except those are usually used, not brand new. These are BRAND NEW games, so they are the MSRP.

MK7 - New at KMart
SF643D - New on Amazon/eBay
OOT3D/SML3D - Depends.

And I don't see what advantage you get in this case over a used game. With a used game, you typically still get a box with art, and a manual.

This you get nothing physically. For a higher price.

You get to have it with you FOREVER because in the future the next set of Nintendo handhelds WILL NOT use 3DS carts, but you can still use your digital purchase, and instead of people complaining a game like Mario 3D Land isn't on the VC they'll actually have it

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

48. Posted:

Who said that all downloads will be forwards compatible? If they aren't further compatible with 3DS physical, then they probably won't be digitally except for VC which would be a long while away.

And if you lose said 3DS, you're shit outta luck. Losing a console means you still have all your games (I'm thinking extreme stuff, like all digital)

Also, why wouldn't you just keep your 3DS? Unless trade-in value was phenomenal (lulz) I see no reason to get rid of it.

Lastly, why use the MSRP for digital? That doesn't include the stuff like hardware costs and shipping to stores. When the game is already lower physically, it'd make sense to lower it digitally as well.

Edited on by rayword45

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

49. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Lastly, why use the MSRP for digital? That doesn't include the stuff like hardware costs and shipping to stores. When the game is already lower physically, it'd make sense to lower it digitally as well.

Nintendo sets the MRSP. It'd be hypocritical to say the game should be sold for $40, then release it digitally for $30 (in other words, they'd be devaluing their own game).

While it's true that most of these games can be found cheaper at retail, that's the decision of the retailers, not Nintendo.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

50. Posted:

^Not really, many would agree that a digital game should be priced lower then a physical, due to the lack of actual, you know, plastic.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

51. Posted:

Well seeing how Nintendo was very behind in online and still managed to make it possible to redownload ALL you DSiWare and will allow you to download all you wii titles to WiiU I see it very hard for the digital retail games NOT to be transfered

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

52. Posted:

The next DS will almost definitely be 3DS game compatible, and probably even DS since they made some major releases DS-only (or at least Pokemon B/W2).

It'll be a while before those games are incompatible, and by that point you probably aren't missing much.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

53. Posted:

Probably 3DS but not DS, they made emerald a major release after the DS was out but you couldn't play them on your DSi

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

54. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

^Not really, many would agree that a digital game should be priced lower then a physical, due to the lack of actual, you know, plastic.

Many except for the retailers which would have to compete with Nintendo themselves if Nintendo lowers the price digitally. Then retailers would have no reason to carry the games and digital would become the only option.

Consumers always ignore these possibilities for any type of money-saving :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

55. Posted:

Mr_LztheBleh wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

^Not really, many would agree that a digital game should be priced lower then a physical, due to the lack of actual, you know, plastic.

Many except for the retailers which would have to compete with Nintendo themselves if Nintendo lowers the price digitally. Then retailers would have no reason to carry the games and digital would become the only option.

Consumers always ignore these possibilities for any type of money-saving :P

Plus the DL codes you will probably be able to get and they will probably go down in price as well it's not like Nintendo will lower the price of a retail game day one

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Noob_The_Third

56. Posted:

Did people say "The next Game Boy" even after the GBA SP was released?

Noob_The_Third

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

57. Posted:

Alien_Mosky wrote:

Did people say "The next Game Boy" even after the GBA SP was released?

Micro, and that didn't play GB and GBC games

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

58. Posted:

Hmmm there's a good chance I'll rebuy my games on the eshop once they come out, and once the file swap tool exists. It'd be nice if Nintendo offered it to people for less if they bought the physical copy, using club nintendo maybe, but that idea is a bit flawed and very unlikely anyhow.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

59. Posted:

wobee wrote:

Hmmm there's a good chance I'll rebuy my games on the eshop once they come out, and once the file swap tool exists. It'd be nice if Nintendo offered it to people for less if they bought the physical copy, using club nintendo maybe, but that idea is a bit flawed and very unlikely anyhow.

Yeah it's a little flawed but if people can transfer there DVDs to there computer then I see no problem with 3DS to digital, plus they could go a step further then DVDs by locking the 3DS cartridge so other people can't transfer after you transfer

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

60. Posted:

Yeah I had though of that too. Not sure if there would be a way to turn the cartridge into a worthless hunk of plastic, but I do like the idea.

NNID: willobee