3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Sales Tax? Wtf, Nintendo?

Showing 101 to 104 of 104

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

101. Posted:

well theres no sales tax where i am, and online i just set it to a different location than what i am living at (its a secret location) and i dont get internet tax either, no tax at all for me

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

Moco_Loco

102. Posted:

No internet sales tax where I live, at least for now. I hope it stays that way, though I do wish that they simply added on the tax when you add funds rather than taxing you when you make a purchase. This system is awkward to say the least.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

103. Posted:

Well, I live in San Antonio, Texas and I do have to pay sales tax on my eShop purchases. I just bought The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and I paid $6.48 after tax. I'm not really upset or surprised by this but it still is disappointing nonetheless. I was kinda hoping that there wouldn't be any sales tax. I used to have to pay sales tax on my digital purchases in the Playstation Store but a few months ago Sony did away with that(well, at least in my area they did). I hope that Nintendo can fix this too.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

tanookisuit

104. Posted:

I just read an older comment about California online tax. I'm not sure what it refers to because I know I don't pay tax on games I directly download where it asks that question, but there are taxes levied on the buying of the card (same as in KY which has no net sales tax.)

Here's a dodge though, go buy a 3DS Point Card for $20. Gamestop, and others have them and they do NOT collect tax. I got one last week, then turned around and got Let's Golf 3D and 3D-Xevious and neither taxed me so I saved like $1.25 or so in taxes.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://http://tanooki.home.insightbb.com/