3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Rusty's Real Deal Baseball

Showing 61 to 80 of 165

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dkxcalibur

61. Posted:

I'm sold. My son and I both downloaded the "demo" and like it more then we thought we would. I doubt I'll buy it for both our 3DS systems but I'm sold on at least the first in game purchase. Any suggestions on which to buy first? Any favorites?

dkxcalibur

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

62. Posted:

HeroOfCybertron wrote:

I haven't even bought the first game yet I'm going to try to haggle for it later but after I buy it are there demos for the other games?

Yes, there are demos for other games but only a few of them.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

63. Posted:

dkxcalibur wrote:

I'm sold. My son and I both downloaded the "demo" and like it more then we thought we would. I doubt I'll buy it for both our 3DS systems but I'm sold on at least the first in game purchase. Any suggestions on which to buy first? Any favorites?

I'd say buy bat and switch. Its really fun. Also the one where you say strike or ball is also great.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ashlyquin

64. Posted:

Played the demo.... haggled out the 1st game from $4 down to $2 (dang dog tried to nickel and dime me down but I pushed thru it.

Gotta say, NOT..... DISAPPOINTED.....NINTENDO.....

Good job there!!!

Online during weekdays......

OUT

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7995-0970 | Nintendo Network ID: ashlyquin123

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Uberchu

65. Posted:

McFox wrote:

Is this game worth haggling for?

I'd say it is and I don't even have any of the games yet. Didn't think I'd want any but now i'm looking at getting a getting 2 or more games.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@SPAMCHU~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Twitter: lostwoodsRS

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iphys

66. Posted:

accc wrote:

iphys wrote:

Actually, now that I look at it again, some of the games you'd have to buy to advance the story require using motion controls, so I think I'd rather not go down that road.

Do you have a physical handicap that prevents you from using motion controls? If not, you need to get over yourself and accept that they work equally well, and in many cases better, than joystick controls. The gyroscope controls on the 3DS are ultra-precise, ergonomic, and work about as well as using a mouse on your PC.

I love motion controls on the Wii, since the screen doesn't move around. On the 3DS it's hard to watch the screen and it destroys the 3D, and the stupid hinge wiggles to make things worse and even flops open or shut sometimes.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tops

67. Posted:

I'm hesitant to try any of the motion-based games as well. It's just not a style of gameplay I really enjoy with the 3DS. If I did decide to try one, which do you guys think is the best/most enjoyable?

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

McFox

68. Posted:

I think have enough cash in the eshop to buy 3 games. Which ones though?

I like tears.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-7078-8765 | Nintendo Network ID: TheHammerBros

AuthorMessage
Avatar

statnut

69. Posted:

All this game did is make me wish Nintendo would make a true baseball game, not a series of baseball-themed mini-games. A game where Rusty is your coach, your Mii is on a team with other random players, your goal is to bring home a championship in a fictional league and you get Streetpass challenges from other Miis and their teams would be a lot of fun.

statnut

AuthorMessage
Avatar

statnut

70. Posted:

iphys wrote:

accc wrote:

iphys wrote:

Actually, now that I look at it again, some of the games you'd have to buy to advance the story require using motion controls, so I think I'd rather not go down that road.

Do you have a physical handicap that prevents you from using motion controls? If not, you need to get over yourself and accept that they work equally well, and in many cases better, than joystick controls. The gyroscope controls on the 3DS are ultra-precise, ergonomic, and work about as well as using a mouse on your PC.

I love motion controls on the Wii, since the screen doesn't move around. On the 3DS it's hard to watch the screen and it destroys the 3D, and the stupid hinge wiggles to make things worse and even flops open or shut sometimes.

Yeah, not to mention that it would really inconvenience people who sit next to you on the train/bus. None of those games for me. Sounds like people are enjoying the umpire game, so I might snag that and call it a day.

statnut

AuthorMessage
Avatar

accc

71. Posted:

iphys wrote:

accc wrote:

iphys wrote:

Actually, now that I look at it again, some of the games you'd have to buy to advance the story require using motion controls, so I think I'd rather not go down that road.

Do you have a physical handicap that prevents you from using motion controls? If not, you need to get over yourself and accept that they work equally well, and in many cases better, than joystick controls. The gyroscope controls on the 3DS are ultra-precise, ergonomic, and work about as well as using a mouse on your PC.

I love motion controls on the Wii, since the screen doesn't move around. On the 3DS it's hard to watch the screen and it destroys the 3D, and the stupid hinge wiggles to make things worse and even flops open or shut sometimes.

You must be doing something wrong, because I've never had problems with the hinge or with watching the screen while using motion controls (and I've played Fluidity Spin Cycle for over 25 hours). Are you shaking the system around or something? Because you're not supposed to do that.

The gyro controlled minigame I've played so far in Rusty's Baseball involves moving the system around like a periscope, with the screen square to your line of vision, meaning that it' doesn't cause you to lose the 3D effect, either.

accc

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

72. Posted:

The funfair party game-thing that was on sale last christmas killed my XL's hinges, the 3D started flickering forever after some tries of playing the motion controlled games.

<hugs hingeless 2DS>

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TrueWiiMaster

73. Posted:

I've only bought one game so far (batting cage), but I'll be buying more soon. It has been simple, but fun and surprisingly addicting, and the characters and humor in the game are awesome. The game's haggle system is brilliant, too, if slightly disturbing. I mean, somehow Nintendo made spending your money a fun game...

I am the TrueWiiMaster! Those who call the Wii casual BEWARE!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

2Sang

74. Posted:

This is my favorite game so far in 2014. It's very simple, yet clever. The storyline so far is hilarious and witty, and it's nice seeing something original from nintendo (please no more returns/"new" games at least for another couple years).

Please undastanding since 2012.
Shadow4SSB4 is the greatest person in the history of the internet. May god have mercy on his poor soul and also tell sakurai to add shadow, silver, and big the cat to smash.

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tops

75. Posted:

RUSTY FOR SMASH BROS!! Make it happen Nintendo! He's so much more likeable than I thought he would be (and now I have him sporting that snazzy pompadour! What a champ B-))

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sparx

76. Posted:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

RUSTY FOR SMASH BROS!! Make it happen Nintendo! He's so much more likeable than I thought he would be (and now I have him sporting that snazzy pompadour! What a champ B-))

I could see him as am assist trophy slapping discounts on the screen blocking the screen

Sparx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iphys

77. Posted:

accc wrote:

You must be doing something wrong, because I've never had problems with the hinge or with watching the screen while using motion controls (and I've played Fluidity Spin Cycle for over 25 hours). Are you shaking the system around or something? Because you're not supposed to do that.

The gyro controlled minigame I've played so far in Rusty's Baseball involves moving the system around like a periscope, with the screen square to your line of vision, meaning that it' doesn't cause you to lose the 3D effect, either.

That doesn't sound so bad, because I remember something like that from the original Steel Diver. In Cubic Ninja I'd sometimes have to move the screen into a position where I couldn't see the screen at all. In Rhythm Thief, you have to react so quickly to get the proper timing that the hinge was flopping open and shut sometimes, so that really put me off motion controls on the 3DS.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tops

78. Posted:

How many games do you have to buy to get the Club Nintendo survey and coins?

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

accc

79. Posted:

iphys wrote:

accc wrote:

You must be doing something wrong, because I've never had problems with the hinge or with watching the screen while using motion controls (and I've played Fluidity Spin Cycle for over 25 hours). Are you shaking the system around or something? Because you're not supposed to do that.

The gyro controlled minigame I've played so far in Rusty's Baseball involves moving the system around like a periscope, with the screen square to your line of vision, meaning that it' doesn't cause you to lose the 3D effect, either.

That doesn't sound so bad, because I remember something like that from the original Steel Diver. In Cubic Ninja I'd sometimes have to move the screen into a position where I couldn't see the screen at all. In Rhythm Thief, you have to react so quickly to get the proper timing that the hinge was flopping open and shut sometimes, so that really put me off motion controls on the 3DS.

After spending more time with the game, it looks like there's three games that use the gyroscope. Two of them (The Aim Game and Feel the Glove) are mandatory, and both use the system as a periscope. You might not like the third one (Gear Games) because it forces you to shake the system up and down (though you can do it lightly enough that you shouldn't have any problems with the screens or the hinge). This is one of the optional games, so you can skip it if you want.

accc

AuthorMessage
Avatar

McFox

80. Posted:

Should I get Batting Cage?

I like tears.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-7078-8765 | Nintendo Network ID: TheHammerBros