Forums

Topic: Pokemon Shuffle

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 2,590

Rikaria

maceng wrote:

I thought the notice stated MSU not RMLs were to be given...

Hopefully, is RMLs (and makes more sense b/c of the latest update). I have my mind set in getting 3-4 (2 are a given).

I honestly don't know what's up with the in-game text. This info was found via datamining (not my own; I'm just relaying it here).

Avid Pokémon Shuffle player; I'm active in its Miiverse community as well
My Super Mario Maker levels
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6573-5201

3DS Friend Code: 0602-6573-5201 | Nintendo Network ID: Rikaria

sillygostly

Data-mining indicates that there will be RMLs given, not MSUs. MSU would be preferable as its benefit is immediate. RMLs aren't particularly beneficial unless you're prepared to grind your Pokémon (very few Level Ups are distributed, and Exp. Boosters are only useful for almost-maxed Pokémon, or low-levelled Pokémon; they're pretty much useless for mid-level Pokémon).

I feel like I'm making a colossal mistake of RMLing Angry Pikachu, but I've already given the little bugger 4 RMLs, and he's the only Pokémon whose skill I've maximised (I won't commit to skill grinding via special stages unless I'm completely up-to-date with all of the main/expert stages). I've also RMLed and skill swapped Togepi in the unlikely event that he might actually be useful.

I'll be holding onto my MSUs until we find out who the special legendary is next week.

sillygostly

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

Rikaria

Speaking of Angry Pikachu, I actually got mine to Level 20 (yes, lots of Jewels on Victini were used) and Skill Level 4 (3 Skill Booster M's used), and I got Tier 1 in the Mega Gyarados repeat competition with it.

I'd very much take RML's instead of MSU's in this situation as there's still A LOT of Pokémon I wanna give them to. That, and I've already fully candied these Megas:

-Absol (3)
-Beedrill (12)
-Camerupt (7)
-Garchomp (10)
-Gengar (1)
-Lucario (4)
-Mewtwo Y (5)
-Rayquaza (20)
-Salamence (10)
-Sharpedo (10)
-Shiny Gyarados (10)
-Steelix (7)
-Tyranitar (15)
-Winking Audino (15)

Current Mega Speedups used: 129
Current Mega Speedups saved: 40

maceng

I fully maxed my Angry Pikachu for the last competition (non-RMLed). Have exactly 20 Pokes with 5 or more RMLs and 35 with 2 RMLs or more (my stash is very low at the moment). People are rushing to have a killing (chilling?) ice team, but besides Glalie and Articuno, most ice Pokes are underwhelming, IMHO.

I haven't used a jewel on Victini nor play the Ampharos level like in 4-5 months: since I managed to beat Survival Mode consistently. If I have 3 or more hearts around before going to bed, I start-up SM, play 8-10 stages and go to sleep. Continue next morning.Everytime I beat it means 1,000 coins plus 2.5k in exp boosters.

From Rikaria line-up of fully candied megas I'm missing Winking Audino (!!), Salamence and Sharpedo, but have Alakazam, Blaziken, Glalie, Sceptile and Charizard fully candied and have 25 MSUs wasted on several (including Ampharos 6/9 and Banette 6/12). Still have 34 MSUs waiting for Shiny Mega Ray (any day now...).

Edited on by maceng

maceng

sillygostly

Rikaria wrote:

Speaking of Angry Pikachu, I actually got mine to Level 20 (yes, lots of Jewels on Victini were used) and Skill Level 4 (3 Skill Booster M's used), and I got Tier 1 in the Mega Gyarados repeat competition with it.

Garrgh… I'm such a dummy for not doing that.

The thought of Meowth grinding didn't occur to me until the end of 2015, so I've squandered a LOT of coins early on, and missed out on potentially being one of the top Shuffle players.

So far I've RMLed…
Mewtwo (Lv. 20)
Golurk (Lv. 15)
Yvetal (Lv. 15)
Suicune (Lv. 15)
Raikou (Lv. 15)
Heracross (Lv. 15)
Salamence (Lv. 14; Fully RMLed)
Pidgeot (Lv. 14; Fully RMLed) [I really regret this one]
Gyarados [Shiny] (Lv. 13)
Donphan (Lv. 13)
Talonflame (Lv. 12; 3/5 RML)
Togepi (Lv. 12; Fully RMLed)
Pikachu [Angry] (Lv. 12; 4/10 RML)

I intend to fully RML Angry Pikachu, however, I would like to hang onto my RMLs until I have more to spare (I only have 11 RML and 35 MSU at the moment).

Fully candied:
Mewtwo (both)
Gyarados [Shiny]
Aerodactyl
Gengar
Blaziken
Rayquaza

I might candy Heracross at some point as I've already fully RMLed him. I'd love to candy Banette, but I can't see myself using him often enough to justify the high cost of investment (12 candies), but a RML boost might tip me over the edge with him. I'm currently saving my candies for Salamence (I'm currently at around stage 514), and the upcoming shiny Legendary (assuming that it's Shiny Rayquaza). I'll also consider maxing out Tyranitar, Beedrill and Camerupt (in that order). And I'll also RML Beedrill as well if I end up candying him.

sillygostly

maceng

[quote=Rikaria]

sillygostly wrote:

The thought of Meowth grinding didn't occur to me until the end of 2015, so I've squandered a LOT of coins early on, and missed out on potentially being one of the top Shuffle players..

I remember you posting that question. I think it was Klimbatiza (now lost) who answered that.

maceng

Rikaria

Well... if anyone wants to jump ship, now would be a good time:

-New Main and Expert Stages featuring Mega Aggron which is a Mega Tyranitar clone
-New Escalation Battle featuring Volcanion (as a Water type)
-New Safari featuring Shiny Rayquaza which is Flying and is a Mega Camerupt clone
-Mega Gardevoir repeat competition with Cobalion's Special Stage
-Another competition featuring Mega Shiny Rayquaza immediately after this one with Terrakion's Special Stage

Edited on by Rikaria

sillygostly

Very disappointed with Shiny Mega Rayquaza. I'm yet to encounter it, but its ability is so underwhelming.

Since I last posted, I've maxed out Angry Pikachu and levelled it up with some Exp Boosters and a few Level Ups (too lazy to wait week after week ploughing through Victini stages). I'm currently able to destroy Volcanion with just one move. Of course, it's still very early, but I hope Angry Pikachu proves to be as useful during the later stages of the escalation battle.

I've also max candied Salamence and surprisingly, Abomasnow (as it only needed 3 and I figured that it would be useful for the Safari). I've also given Abomasnow a RML, and I'll consider giving it another two as I press on with the escalation battle and Enamoured Pikachu.

sillygostly

Rikaria

Untitled

Just a reminder that you do NOT need Mega Aggron to do well in the competition, but if you're missing Mega Steelix, you'll either have to get it (M-Aggron) or use an alternative. (All Pokémon in the pic are Level 10. Cobalion is at Skill Level 3, while the rest are at 1.)

Xyphon22

So, I can't even beat level 15 of the escalation battle itemless. I haven't been going past level 50 or 100 lately anyway, and fortunately I caught him at level 6 so I don't have to go any further, but man this one is pretty ridiculous.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Rikaria

15's actually the first boss battle, and this is a 500 Level EB.

Xyphon22

Yeah, but usually I can beat the first boss battle itemless, even when it's level 50. If I am having to start using items at level 15, I'm not even going to bother with this one. I almost never use the things I win anyways, so there's no real point in it for me.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

maceng

@sillygostly I think that Glalie would have been a more solid choice to candied. (yes it needs 7 instead of 3), but one of the disruptions can be almost fully cleared by it. You could take smiling Snovern (Mega Boost +) with you for an even quicker evolving. My team is M-Glalie (fully candied), smiling Snovern and Mamoswine and I'm usually taking 3 moves on each stage of the Safari.

For the EB, fully RMLed and SL5 Virizion and Bellossom are paying up, as well as Shaymin-L (SL5).

maceng

maceng

@Rikaria You are too late: Blazed thru the new stages and M-Aggron is already maxed (but with no candies... yet).

Scored 98.8k (top 30 at the time) with your same team, but Cobalion was SL2 and lvl13. No more runs for me as I'm really behind in the EB.

For everyone: the competition ends on Sunday, one full day before.

maceng

sillygostly

The Volcanion escalation battle is proving itself to be a real female Rockruff. I'm either getting lucky at the last moment with Mega Rayquaza or Super Bolting it with Lv. 20 SL5 Angry Pikachu (which does enough damage to kill it with one move in the non-boss stages).

maceng wrote:

For everyone: the competition ends on Sunday, one full day before.

Well, that sucks. Cheers for the heads up. I doubt I would have noticed otherwise.

sillygostly

Late

Some teaser images for 7th generation:
Untitled
Untitled

Late

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Rikaria

So excited! I hope someone's able to extract the icons once they get added because I like using them as custom emojis.

sillygostly

I hope Alolan Meowth will serve as an alternative to regular Meowth (i.e. a regular stage that offers coins). Ideally, I hope Alolan Meowth offers some more coin over the standard form, even if it's just another 100-200 coins. It's more likely that Gen VII Pokémon will be "special stages" though, at least for the time being.

Edited on by sillygostly

sillygostly

Rikaria

I swear... As each week passes, this game becomes even more pay2win...

Tier 1 in this comp is TEN Mega Speedups and Raise Max Levels each, and that's only within the top 100 for 3DS NA and 1,000 for Mobile.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic