3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Outdoors unleashed: Africa 3D.

Showing 41 to 60 of 174

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CerealKiller528

41. Posted:

As George Lopez once said, "Why you crying"? I don't see why people are crying over something so stupid. It's not like when you shoot the animals, blood comes out or anything. They die in a cartoonish manner. They just blast off and disappear. If you guys aren't getting this, at least I will.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

42. Posted:

Again, unless you know the farm it was slaughtered at, you can't claim this. Despite there being regulations, they aren't ALWAYS followed as strictly as we'd like to believe.

In Australia it's not just regulation, it's law. Any farmer stupid enough to hunt his own livestock is a criminal.

1. I never said that "all hunting is like that". The point I made was that there are both positives and negatives to hunting. It's not as clear as black & white.

2. According to Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks, yes, the preying on livestock by wolves is a real issue that needs to be handled (it's not "just because they can"). While I agree that we increase the risk of confrontation when we expand our urban territory, that doesn't mean we should just ignore the wolves that get into urban areas (which could possibly endanger human occupants).

3. Just to get this straight, I'm not saying we should wipe wolves (or deer) off the face of the Earth. What I am saying, is that it's in the best interest for everyone involved that wildlife population is both at a level where the safety of the species is assured, but low enough as to not endanger the livelihood of the people who inhabit the same area. This is the reason I looked to wildlife conservation organisations for facts on the matter (as their main desire, as environmentalist organisations, is to ensure the safety and survival of wildlife).

So do you need to go through a wildlife conservation course to earn a license to hunt? I doubt it somehow, and therefore I've got no reason to think that people who enjoy hunting have the slightest clue how to be responsible about it.

Which, again, means they shouldn't be hunting. Leave the culling to the people who do it right.

As George Lopez once said, "Why you crying"? I don't see why people are crying over something so stupid. It's not like when you shoot the animals, blood comes out or anything. They die in a cartoonish manner. They just blast off and disappear. If you guys aren't getting this, at least I will.

I bet you I can come up with a game idea that offends you.

And then I'll laugh at you for crying.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

43. Posted:

While you don't need to go through a course to get a hunting licence, there are still strict rules about how many deer (ect) you are able to hunt, and the penalty is pretty steep for breaking that law. Like any other area of life, I'm sure there are those who try and break that law, but I see no reason to assume most hunters don't abide by the law. Do you think they're less intelligent individuals, and are unable to understand the consequences of their actions?

Also, @OlympicCho, you say that if someone wants to kill animals, they shoud become a farmer. Well, I've never met the farmer who doesn't hunt. There are a lot of farmers in my family (although I'm a city boy), and whenever they get together, there are lots of hunting tales to go around.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

44. Posted:

Do you think they're less intelligent individuals, and are unable to understand the consequences of their actions?

Without trying to sound too arrogant, I'm a fairly smart guy, and I wouldn't have the first clue about conservation. You can do university degrees on it. I certainly wouldn't expect the average hunter - even if they were a business owner or academic, doctor or lawyer to know about conservation either.

And that's exactly why they shouldn't be allowed to hunt.

Also, @OlympicCho, you say that if someone wants to kill animals, they shoud become a farmer. Well, I've never met the farmer who doesn't hunt. There are a lot of farmers in my family (although I'm a city boy), and whenever they get together, there are lots of hunting tales to go around.

I trust farmers to have a better idea about sustainability and responsibility when hunting. I come from the country, and that's my experience, at least.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

45. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

Do you think they're less intelligent individuals, and are unable to understand the consequences of their actions?

Without trying to sound too arrogant, I'm a fairly smart guy, and I wouldn't have the first clue about conservation. You can do university degrees on it. I certainly wouldn't expect the average hunter - even if they were a business owner or academic, doctor or lawyer to know about conservation either.

And that's exactly why they shouldn't be allowed to hunt.

Also, @OlympicCho, you say that if someone wants to kill animals, they shoud become a farmer. Well, I've never met the farmer who doesn't hunt. There are a lot of farmers in my family (although I'm a city boy), and whenever they get together, there are lots of hunting tales to go around.

I trust farmers to have a better idea about sustainability and responsibility when hunting. I come from the country, and that's my experience, at least.

Okay, well at least I have a better understanding of where you're comming from. I won't push the issue any further (that would resolve nothing, and I hate when these things get nasty).

I will say that I understand hunting hasn't had a totally positive effect, and that unfortunately too many animals are endangered or extinct because of the actions of greedy individuals. Also, I've never hunted myself, and isn't something I'm likely to pick up.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

46. Posted:

To be fair, Religous games shouldn't be a big deal as that is a minor topic. But I do think that this game shouldn't encourage poaching at the least... But then again, I just watched 60 episodes of Kimba that had sad themes in EVERY episode.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

47. Posted:

Oh wow, Teyon really answers every comment and question written in the youtube video. That's nice.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

48. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

To be fair, Religous games shouldn't be a big deal as that is a minor topic. But I do think that this game shouldn't encourage poaching at the least... But then again, I just watched 60 episodes of Kimba that had sad themes in EVERY episode.

I don't want to get too deep into this, as it would eventually lead to the locking of the thread, but a game that glorifies hunting (or even poaching) isn't going to get people riled up more than a game that mocks a religion (I'm assuming you're referring to the Binding of Issac, as you brought it up before).

The backlash from allowing this game won't be nearly as much as they would have had, had they released tBoI. And it's not just Christianity (any game that mocks a particular religion is going to get absolutely ridiculed).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

49. Posted:

To be honest, the game looks more like one of those old virtual shooting galleries that used to so popular in arcades. You know, the ones where you sit in a fake car and hold a plastic gun towards a screen.

Now I hope they make a version with dinosaurs.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

50. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk, Teyon replied to your comment on YouTube.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Noob_The_Third

51. Posted:

@RR: Yours too!

I disagree with what they said to TDH. This is what gets people to do these things in real life.

Edited on by Noob_The_Third

Noob_The_Third

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mr_Trill281

52. Posted:

undead_terror good video man kids in my class room are rolling at video they saying play it again LMAOOOOOOOO...

Lets All Keep It "TRILL"...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

53. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

And unless you're a vegetarian (which I am not), you shouldn't be eating meat unless you know the way it was slaughtered.

The meat I buy from a supermarket does not come from people out hunting, and if you think farmers hunt their cows to slaughter them then you shouldn't be eating meat - you have no idea how it's produced.

Whilst I don't necessarily think that this game should be banned, as I'm generally against censorship, hunting in general offends me. I can understand farming, and I can understand why a farmer needs to cull rodents. What I can't understand is why some... person... could get a kick out of picking up a gun and going and shooting an animal that is defenceless (and against guns, even bears and sharks are defenceless) .

And it's not just because I've got a bleeding heart. Idiots with guns are the reason so many animals are endangered and so many ecosystems have been ruined. There's always the excuse "oh, there's plenty more, I've just killed one," but I've yet to come across a person that enjoys hunting that has a clue about environmentalism, and therefore has no idea what impact they're really having on the environment. Hunting is not masculine, it's not "cool", it's not "funny." It's not even necessary - meat farms exist for a reason. Hunting is nothing more than cruelty. You want to kill animals go buy a farm.

And as such, any game that exploits this... hobby... is offensive to me. Thankfully they're usually terrible games anyway.

I agree with this man.

No matter whether it's pixelated or real, hunting is not fun.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Noob_The_Third

54. Posted:

Pixels lead to real life. And I agree with chris and OlympicCho

Noob_The_Third

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

55. Posted:

Alien_Mosky wrote:

@RR: Yours too!

I disagree with what they said to TDH. This is what gets people to do these things in real life.

I'm sorry, I personally don't buy into the view that games influence the actions we take in real life. Most people understand the difference between fantasy & real life, and if they don't, they shouldn't be playing games in the first place.

I highly doubt that this game (especially with it's arcadey play style) is going to influence people to poach elephants (people are smarter than that).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

56. Posted:

Alien_Mosky wrote:

Pixels lead to real life. And I agree with chris and OlympicCho

If pixels lead to real life, games like COD and GTA should be banned and the creators locked up for life. Those don't lead to real life (unless you're mentally ill), people will definitely NOT play those and think "Hey, I'm gonna go nuke an airport and kill a bunch of prostitutes in real life now!"

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Noob_The_Third

57. Posted:

I know but it's pretty likely that the people who have been doing all these shootings recently got influence from movies or games

Noob_The_Third

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

58. Posted:

Alien_Mosky wrote:

I know but it's pretty likely that the people who have been doing all these shootings recently got influence from movies or games

No. Those mass murderers are just nuts (their issues are most assuredly caused by deep troubles in their personal life). If a certain violent video game/movie/book wasn't around for them to latch on to, they'd latch onto another violent game/movie/book to try and "justify" their own warped minds.

Nuts have been murdering people for thousands of years (way before games or even movies were things), and unfortunately, there will always be the occasional nut that goes around killing people.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CerealKiller528

59. Posted:

As George Lopez once said, "Why you crying"? I don't see why people are crying over something so stupid. It's not like when you shoot the animals, blood comes out or anything. They die in a cartoonish manner. They just blast off and disappear. If you guys aren't getting this, at least I will.

I bet you I can come up with a game idea that offends you.

And then I'll laugh at you for crying.

[/quote]
I'd like to see you try. Nothing can offend me in video games since I know it's just a game.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

60. Posted:

First impressions are in from N-Sider.com. They say the controls are spot on.

I'm not sure whether or not to take them seriously, though. They called Pokémon Snap a "piece of sh*t" & also said that Kid Icarus: Uprising was a "steaming pile" in the article. He was also way too crude, IMO.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!