3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Outdoors unleashed: Africa 3D.

Showing 141 to 160 of 174

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

141. Posted:

The fact that the game has you killing animals sane people would never think of hunting in real life right now doesn't mean it will be automatically a bad game.

And it certainly doesn't mean their developers have a continuous vendetta against fans of a random anime. Seriously.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

jdarrell

142. Posted:

For replay, it took me about 3:15 to go through the game once, but I took my time. I'd say the game is probably worth spending 5 hours to play through twice (the second time to improve your scores). After that, I think it's designed for multiple players to compete against each others' scores (there's 4 profile accounts, and the high score of each player is shown at the level select screens.) To get more replay out of it, I'm probably going to make a 2nd profile (I like watching my scores go up, instead of failing to beat my high score everytime...) And while doing that there's a good amount of achievements to keep interest.

For light guns, I liked the controls and thought it was a fun portable game, but aren't there any console alternatives that would do the light gun experience better (if you're specifically looking for light guns)? The difficulty here is a bit low because the stylus controls are so precise (I never felt the need to use my scope, or handgun, or matrix mode), and it looks as good without 3D, so I'm assuming someone must've made a nice console light gun alternative.

@DreamingHawk
For story, there's a few sentences before each level, generally a brief scenery description, but I think you'd be better off using your imagination and ignoring the parts that don't interest you. I didn't pay enough attention to figure out what it's about, and the manual just says explore 35 levels and use different weapons.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

AuthorMessage

RR529

143. Posted:

Does anyone know why no one has reviewed this yet? It's been almost a week.

Heck, IGN didn't even mention it's existence when talking about August's download offerings.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Windy

144. Posted:

Alien_Mosky wrote:

@wobee: Because the people you shoot are bad guys

not always there are games where you play the bad guy and shoot, kill, or beat up the good guy.

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391

AuthorMessage

Windy

145. Posted:

Alien_Mosky wrote:

@wobee: Because the people you shoot are bad guys

not always there are games where you play the bad guy and shoot, kill, or beat up the good guy.

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

146. Posted:

Or those games where you're a bad guy going around murdering innocent people. I'm sure no one has complained about those. :P

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

grumblegrumble

147. Posted:

I'm sorry, ya'll, but I am finding myself playing this game more and more as the days go on... It's kind of addictive ;) There is no bloodshed on screen so far as I have seen (only when they attack you, you see blood scratches from yourself on the screen) so I really don't see what the controversy is about. It's made in such an arcade-like way, I think it saves it from going too far over the edge. Where's the Nintendo Life review for this?

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

148. Posted:

@grumblegrumble Every reviewer on the site is too scared to review it because PETA will send rabid animals after them. >:3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

grumblegrumble

149. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

@grumblegrumble Every reviewer on the site is too scared to review it because PETA will send rabid animals after them. >:3

lol! I'm startin' to think so!! Maybe if if they sent a Tanooki Mario it would be ok! Lol ;)

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

150. Posted:

Untitled
What in god's name where they smoking? D:

AuthorMessage

KAHN

151. Posted:

alright, no one tell PETA! we all remember last time they got involved with BigN. me, personally i think hunting games are fine, but i dont play them because im not interested in hunting :P

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

RR529

152. Posted:

Yeah, it's very uncharacteristic for NL to be this late in getting a review in (especially when all the other eShop games that week already have reviews, as they were released in Europe previously).

Due to the uproar, I think review sites are scared to admit that the game's actually pretty decent. NL, NWR, and eShop Gamers have all aknowleged the game's existence, but have not reviewed it. IGN & Nintendojo have taken things a step further, and have completely ignored the game's existence (when talking about the week's new Nintendo downloads, both sites omitted the game, like it wasn't even there. That was the first time I've seen anything like that).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

jdarrell

153. Posted:

It's probably just end of Summer etc slowing sites down.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

154. Posted:

@jdarrell You're from 2009?
O.O

AuthorMessage

RR529

155. Posted:

jdarrell wrote:

It's probably just end of Summer etc slowing sites down.

Why would that slow sites down? There are no big games being released at this time of the year, so they aren't hogging headlines. E3 is old news by now, and TGS won't start until the end of the month. This is the perfect time for news stories/reviews of smaller download games (such as this) to take center stage.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

156. Posted:

Tons of news is leaking out as TGS comes near. Most sites these days report on the going ons in Japan, too, you know.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

grumblegrumble

157. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Untitled
What in god's name where they smoking? D:

lol!!! not so "cute" anymore, is it? hehe

AuthorMessage

RR529

158. Posted:

Finally found a review. Nintendo Charged gave it a 7/10. It appeared to be a small time blog, but the site was done very professionally.

I'd say I agree with the majority of the review, except where they claim there's nothing to do after completing the game (there's no way anyone's going to gold medal everything & unlock all the achievements in one playthrough).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

cyclopticxander

159. Posted:

Actual vegitarian animal lover here. I think hunting for sport is immoral, but my God if I applied my real world ethics to video games then my gaming life would be pretty boring. Now that the review is decent I think I'll go DL it now.

cyclopticxander

AuthorMessage

RR529

160. Posted:

NWR's review is in. They gave it a 5/10. Based on what was said in the first one or two paragraphs, I feel as if they let their own personal feelings on the theme get in the way of their judgement.

Nintendo Center - 9/10
Nintendo Life - 7/10
Nintendo Charged - 7/10
Nintendo World Report - 5/10

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)