Topic: Outdoors unleashed: Africa 3D.

Showing 121 to 140 of 174

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

121. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

RR529 wrote:

It now has 3 player ratings on eShop (all 5 star). At this point, they could all be from the dev (not sure how big Teyon is), but you never know (it could mean reviewers, or just any average joe, are enjoying it).

It means the people interested enough in the game to spend money on it and then found it compelling enough to play it for a hour enjoyed it.

In other words, it means almost nothing. Just like all eShop reviews.

This.eShop reviews are in no way accurate and representative of how good a game is. The 2-3 games I've downloaded from the eShop that deserved 1-2 stars in my eyes were TORTURE to play for an hour. I made sure to leave them on just for that time though and review them. Cant have anyone thinking Pyramids is a good investment. ._.

I liked pyramids though. Block factory not so much.

Though that must be a euro problem, as in NA the ratings usually are accurate to the general opinion of those games.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

122. Posted:

as I already said, theres another one called outdoors unleashed alaska 3d (and there might be another one in the series but not sure) and another series called deer drive legends where you can kill animals all around the world even t-rexs.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

123. Posted:

I'm probably beating a dead horse here but those two games aren't really hunting games, hence why I'm still waiting for an actual true hunting game to come out on the 3DS. Those two games are basically action games that happens to have you shooting animals instead of people. In real life, animals don't just come rushing at you to take pot shots at. That's not real hunting.

Hunting games these days aren't actually hunting games. In the past there were tons. Only recent one I know of these days is theHunter which I've talked about earlier. It's really good. If only I can play it on a handheld so I can have fun on the go , Putting it on the Vita with the large screen would be sweet :)

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

RR529

124. Posted:

Donjwolf wrote:

I'm probably beating a dead horse here but those two games aren't really hunting games, hence why I'm still waiting for an actual true hunting game to come out on the 3DS. Those two games are basically action games that happens to have you shooting animals instead of people. In real life, animals don't just come rushing at you to take pot shots at. That's not real hunting.

Hunting games these days aren't actually hunting games. In the past there were tons. Only recent one I know of these days is theHunter which I've talked about earlier. It's really good. If only I can play it on a handheld so I can have fun on the go , Putting it on the Vita with the large screen would be sweet :)

I don't think anyone here is making the argument that these are realistic hunting sims.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

125. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

as I already said, theres another one called outdoors unleashed alaska 3d (and there might be another one in the series but not sure) and another series called deer drive legends where you can kill animals all around the world even t-rexs.

So why don't they port that to the eShop? :P

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

126. Posted:

First Review! I'm not sure how professional they are, but Nintendo Center gave it a 9/10.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

RR529

127. Posted:

I decided to give it a go, and (if you're not offended by it) it's definately worth the $4.

You aim with the stylus, and the action takes place on the top screen (think KI:U). It's on rails, and it controls fine.

With various unlockables & achievements, the levels (each 3 mins long) are very replayable (going for the high score). There are a total of 35 levels, but I've only played the first 3 so far.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

128. Posted:

Surprised at how much content it has.

To be fair though, I'm not buying. Not due to the fact that it's a shooting game (I love duck hunt), but it seems pointless considering how Teyon pretty much said "People like these games", even though it seems silly. I'll be buying Cat frenzy instead (Teyon pointed it out to me, as I didn't know it came to NA)

AuthorMessage

jdarrell

129. Posted:

Only did stage 1-1, but first impressions: The presentation such as audio and title screen are a bit campy but I like it. The actual gameplay is what I expect from an arcade shooter and very fun so far. The scoring and achievements look like they'll hold my interest for a long time. It's unfortunate that the d-pad doesn't do anything (such as reload).

Edit: Didn't realize the ammo icon on the touchscreen is a reload button, so d-pad not needed. And it's used outside the levels for menus I guess.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

AuthorMessage

RR529

130. Posted:

Just did the helicopter level, and that was pretty sweet. During the later half of the game, they really try pulling some neat twists to give levels diversity.

EDIT: just finished the final level. Well worth the $4. I still need to go back & gold medal every level, and have quite a few achievements left to unlock, so I'm not done with the game yet (also, there are some levels I enjoyed enough that I will keep coming back, even once I've done everything).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

rayword45

131. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Just did the helicopter level, and that was pretty sweet. During the later half of the game, they really try pulling some neat twists to give levels diversity.

EDIT: just finished the final level. Well worth the $4. I still need to go back & gold medal every level, and have quite a few achievements left to unlock, so I'm not done with the game yet (also, there are some levels I enjoyed enough that I will keep coming back, even once I've done everything).

Total hours clocked? I'm not the fondest of these games, preferring less realistic rail shooters like Time Crisis/House of the Dead, and no light gun kills a lot of the appeal. I'd only consider it if it was quite lengthy for the price after some positive reviews.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

RR529

132. Posted:

According to the Activity Log, I've clocked in 4 hrs 29 mins (Note: there were a few levels I've played more than once).

The game has 35 levels each about 3 mins long (some shorter, some longer), and offers good replayability. I'm not too familiar with light gun games, so I don't know if that's considered good or not, but it's only $4 if that helps.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

rayword45

133. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

According to the Activity Log, I've clocked in 4 hrs 29 mins (Note: there were a few levels I've played more than once).

The game has 35 levels each about 3 mins long (some shorter, some longer), and offers good replayability. I'm not too familiar with light gun games, so I don't know if that's considered good or not, but it's only $4 if that helps.

Without trying to stray away from the topic, have you ever

A. Went to an arcade and played an Arcade game such as Time Crisis, Ghost Squad, or several other similar games?
B. Played Duck Hunt or any other Zapper compatible games on the NES (or any other game with a Light Gun periphal, such as Time Crisis).

If so, those are light gun games.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

RR529

134. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Without trying to stray away from the topic, have you ever

A. Went to an arcade and played an Arcade game such as Time Crisis, Ghost Squad, or several other similar games?
B. Played Duck Hunt or any other Zapper compatible games on the NES (or any other game with a Light Gun periphal, such as Time Crisis).

If so, those are light gun games.

I know what light gun games are, I'm just not familiar with their average length, since I haven't played that many before.

I've played Duck Hunt a couple times before, but I was like 4 the last time I've played it :P

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

rayword45

135. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I know what light gun games are, I'm just not familiar with their average length, since I haven't played that many before.

I've played Duck Hunt a couple times before, but I was like 4 the last time I've played it :P

I've never played Duck Hunt, the oldest system I have is an N64 from before birth. Just making an example.

Average length is entirely dependent on Replay Value, since we're talking arcade ports here. A run through of Time Crisis 3/4 would probably take less then an hour. The replay value and bonuses extend that quite a bit though.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

RR529

136. Posted:

^If that's true then, I'd say this is more than worth it. It takes about 3-4 hours just to finish the game (from my experience), and with all the extras (gold medaling each level, unlocking achievements, simple enjoyment) your playtime could skyrocket if you're into the genré.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

rayword45

137. Posted:

3-4 hours playthrough is actually really respectable for an on-rail shooter. Are there difficulty modes/leaderboards? (not sure if scoring game or not). If there's not much in the way of extras, however, I'm surprised that this was a retail release.

I still wanna find some professional AND user reviews though.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

RR529

138. Posted:

There are no online leaderboards, but it keeps high scores for every level (and you can bronze, silver, & gold medal each one). Various achievements (you have a "trophy room" to view them). various unlockabke weapons/items (rifles, pistols, hats which increase life, gloves which decrease reload time, goggles which inhance "time slowing", and other perks that allow you to be immune from certain predator attacks). Each of the 35 levels house a hidden treasure for you to find (shoot).

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

139. Posted:

Wow, I didn't expect this game to be decent. Thought it would be a mindless game to hurt Kimba fans like me.

BTW, is there any "story" for this game like Teyon's previous DSI games? I mean, are you a poacher, a guy stopping wild animals, ETC.

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

140. Posted:

Wow, I didn't expect this game to be decent. Thought it would be a mindless game to hurt Kimba fans like me.

BTW, is there any "story" for this game like Teyon's previous DSI games? I mean, are you a poacher, a guy stopping wild animals, ETC.