3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Nintendo Pocket Football Club!

Showing 201 to 220 of 465

AuthorMessage

BenAV

201. Posted:

Isbiten wrote:

I have read through the thread but I don't know if I fully understand the DLC.
It seems that there are 2 different priced DLC, 15 and 25 SEK (I'm in Sweden).
What exactly do they do?

The Focus Training teams (the cheaper ones) are guaranteed to give you three sets of a special combo relative to the type of training (defense, attack, goalkeeping, finesse, strength and shooting or something along those lines), so you get either six or nine extra training cards than you would if you have a practice/friendly match against a normal in-game team.
I haven't purchased any of the Challenge teams yet, but they seem to be more interesting teams (eg. a team of five aliens) and you get more training cards at the end depending on how much you win by.
My friend beat one of the teams 3-0 and apparently got 15 extra training cards at the end, so that's not too bad.

Isbiten wrote:

Also, I cannot find the DLC within the game?!
I go to eShop, it re-directs me but I don't see it?

I think they unlock after you complete a certain number of seasons or something along those lines.
You purchase them through the stadium when you don't have a sheduled match once they unlock.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Isbiten

202. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

Isbiten wrote:

I have read through the thread but I don't know if I fully understand the DLC.
It seems that there are 2 different priced DLC, 15 and 25 SEK (I'm in Sweden).
What exactly do they do?

The Focus Training teams (the cheaper ones) are guaranteed to give you three sets of a special combo relative to the type of training (defense, attack, goalkeeping, finesse, strength and shooting or something along those lines), so you get either six or nine extra training cards than you would if you have a practice/friendly match against a normal in-game team.
I haven't purchased any of the Challenge teams yet, but they seem to be more interesting teams (eg. a team of five aliens) and you get more training cards at the end depending on how much you win by.
My friend beat one of the teams 3-0 and apparently got 15 extra training cards at the end, so that's not too bad.

Isbiten wrote:

Also, I cannot find the DLC within the game?!
I go to eShop, it re-directs me but I don't see it?

I think they unlock after you complete a certain number of seasons or something along those lines.
You purchase them through the stadium when you don't have a sheduled match once they unlock.

So bascially you get a lot more cards per week spents in between the season games?

Isbiten

AuthorMessage

Isbiten

203. Posted:

Also, in both training matches (in between seaon games) and Oline ranked games, do they give more if you win?

Isbiten

AuthorMessage

DadOfFour1972

204. Posted:

@Lycidas - added back

Live long and prosper
Gamertag : ringrosemike
PSN : ringrosemike

3DS Friend Code: 2466-2347-5262

AuthorMessage

DadOfFour1972

205. Posted:

Isbiten wrote:

Also, in both training matches (in between seaon games) and Oline ranked games, do they give more if you win?

No you actually get more for losing - which kind of makes sense if you think about it

Live long and prosper

AuthorMessage

DadOfFour1972

206. Posted:

@WashioYuji - I just added you :)

Live long and prosper

AuthorMessage

BenAV

207. Posted:

Isbiten wrote:

In general you tend to get more when your team's playing pretty crappy, because it gives you cards for areas that you need to improve on.
When playing online, the maximum number of cards you can get per match seems to be two, so it's hard to grind for cards online.

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

208. Posted:

I'm in my first year in the second league. Everything is fine at the moment, but I'm having a hard time training my players because you play matches every bloody week and they get tired so easily. And when they have that yellow circle next to their name, they're prone to injuries.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

BenAV

209. Posted:

@spizzamarozzi It gets even harder in the next couple of leagues.
Pro 2 has a ton of matches scheduled, and then Pro 1 is a bit ligher but once you qualify for the ECC, you have 12 games in a row to start the season and it's just brutal.

AuthorMessage

Lycidas

210. Posted:

Same probleme here, 3 matches in one month is on the rough side. Add this to the fact that after the end of season one, due to several injuries, I decided to buy several players with very average stats, and here I am, 4th of the 3rd division. At least I can't drop back to 4th division, but I just got destroyed in the tournament match against a 1st division team, after one of my players got a red card - the only foul of the game, committed 5 minutes after it started....

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

AuthorMessage

edhe

211. Posted:

I've had this game since Tuesday, and I'm finding it quite frustrating. I came in second in the bottom league (crashed out of the cup on the first round, losing 10-0 to Rex Rovers - one of the top teams in the game), but otherwise, my team seems to be a bunch of complete incompetents.

I caved and bought all available DLC, and now I feel dirty - not because I don't think the developers should make more money on the game, but, like Fire Emblem Awakening and the Easy EXP risen levels, I feel I'm going to rely too much on the DLC, and power my way to winning.

With the online matches, my team was once around #500 in Europe, but I just keep losing, and am currently at #2083 (after an all time low of 2375). Like I said, I'm finding it immensely frustrating, and I think it's fair to say that there's only so much I can do with what I've got. One of my strikers (CCDDCEC - Dynamo) regularly blasts any and every opportunity wide and high, the others do the same, or otherwise screw up many of the chances I have and the defence falls to pieces when I do get the lead and concede an easy goal or two despite my best efforts to pull everyone back, add a new defender to the ranks and tell them to prioritise defending.

So, anyone got any tips? I'm diligently training my players (probably not in the right way, but I've got two "Stoppers" currently in Defence - I'm aware I'd probably need to mix and match these player types to produce a successful playstyle).

Anyway, I've got two teams on the go - the aformentioned one (my main), and a secondary "Just for fun" one.

My first one, based in England is named Braptock Ath (formerly Braptock XVI), and it's team code is DA5B8E4E7. I named them after my Animal Crossing town, and based the emblem (and shirts) on the town flag.

My second team, based in Australia (I'm thinking maybe I should have tried Norway) is named Cod City, and it's team code is 9E1F4439B. They've only played one match so far (online), and they're obviously very poor, but if you're looking for an easy win, and want to play a team comprised entirely of players with fish related names, then you're set.

Edit: Here are some of my latest online results. (reformatted so my scoreline is first)
1-1 (Toulouse FC)
2-0 (Holly Town)
0-1 (Lospass FC)
2-0 (Spryte Tykes - I actually streetpassed the person with that team on Friday)
0-1 (Monolit)
0-4 (FC Predator)
2-3 (FCValiente)
0-2 (Brabander)
3-1 (United Club)
1-3 (MOTD)
1-0 (Capuccinos)
0-4 (St-Etienne)
3-1 (Nomdidju)
2-0 (Berwick City)

Was anyone here among these teams?

In all, my win/loss/draw record is W6 D1 L7.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

212. Posted:

started my thrid season. won all three games so far in the advanced league. maybe i can reach the relegation for the second league this time. bought some new players who i will concentrate working with in trainging to have some good players when my older ones will leave. the older ones also loose potential so there is not much training i can do with them

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Isbiten

213. Posted:

Do you get cards when someone challenges you online?

Isbiten

AuthorMessage

WYLD-WOO

214. Posted:

@BenAV - I like you. Nice one for beating my brother (WYLD-WEE FC) he is proper getting the hump over it. Hahahahaha

WYLD-WOO

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3796-6485 | Nintendo Network ID: WYLD-WOO

AuthorMessage

WYLD-WOO

215. Posted:

@Lycidas - Do you play sub-wars?

WYLD-WOO

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3796-6485 | Nintendo Network ID: WYLD-WOO

AuthorMessage

Umut

216. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

Umut wrote:

Can i change my home country? And what's the difference between countries?

I don't think you can without restarting the game completely unless I'm mistaken.
I'd imagine the country just determines which Nation you play in for the rated National matches.

Thank you.

Umut

3DS Friend Code: 3926-6344-9030 | Nintendo Network ID: Umut91

AuthorMessage

BenAV

217. Posted:

Isbiten wrote:

Do you get cards when someone challenges you online?

Nope, only when you play the actual matches yourself.
I wish you did, because being on top of the rankings means I get soooo many challenges.

WYLD-WOO wrote:

@BenAV - I like you. Nice one for beating my brother (WYLD-WEE FC) he is proper getting the hump over it. Hahahahaha

Haha, I noticed that he's been catching up on me so I figured the best way to widen the gap was to take him down a few times.
My team went into a bad streak at the end though and I had a few draws and a couple of losses so that kinda sucked. :P

Umut wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Umut wrote:

Can i change my home country? And what's the difference between countries?

I don't think you can without restarting the game completely unless I'm mistaken.
I'd imagine the country just determines which Nation you play in for the rated National matches.

Thank you.

No problem.

AuthorMessage

Lycidas

218. Posted:

@WYLD-WOO : from time time, yes, I still play, even though I've been playing a little less lately. You want a match? :)

finished my 2nd season classed 4th of 3rd division. Now using the time till the next season starts to train, train a lot, and thinking on how fast some players start to lose potential after peaking. My first goalie and a forward bought at the start of season 2 are already on the decline... But finally my new goalie seems to get better, Magalhaes (can't stop thinking of mugglekäse ^^) started, well, goalkeeping. took him a good part of the season though.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

219. Posted:

@edhe I will state the obvious here, but make sure that the formation you have chosen fits with the players' abilities. If your players act like act crazy on the field, they're either out of position or the playing zone you have set doesn't allow them to move freely - it's always better to shrink the size of the playing zone, especially if your team is not that good. Many people have the problem of defenders acting like gits thinking they are Pelé or LeTissier - that is easy to solve if you set your playing zone properly. I always keep one defender one square back towards the goalie - not sure if it really does something (I developed this strategy in my early PES days) but so far it's been hard to catch my defence off guard, and I'm first in the 2°League and still playing with the defenders I had at the start of the game!

I try and train my midfielders on technique, my strikers on shooting and speed and the defenders on strength. Don't go online unless you have a competitive team - people have been playing for more than a week and have put together terrific teams.
Anyway, my team is called Tubinga - it's not a very good team but I'm working on it.

Edited on by WaLzgi

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

WashioYuji

220. Posted:

I'm in my 5th season and just got promoted to pro 2 league, completely dominated it, having a 12 point gap from us to 2nd.
I have problem when playing teams in the upper league, my team seem to dominate the match with clear cut chances but for some reason they just mess them up completely and the opposition gets one chance and score... kinda gutting as want to do a giant kill while I was still in the bottom leagues lol.
I wonder if there is a card to give composure to players? would be nice if we could view what cards players have already been given.

@Lycidas yea I just see the potential bar as where they are at their career. Correct me if I'm wrong but players don't lose skill points when the potential bar is going left? but just harder to level them?

@DadOfFour1972 added you :)

WashioYuji