3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Nintendo Pocket Football Club!

Showing 101 to 120 of 468

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

101. Posted:

just finishing a few more friendlies and then it is time to enter the new league. i had troubles in the first two games of the beginner league but then i won almost every match. still don't really get the hang of training cards but all my players made some huge developments.

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

andrea987

102. Posted:

The tool I linked in my previous post got updated, it now shows 98 combos!
I still don't understand the potential bar, whether it means how "far" a player can grow or how much it has already "grown", meaning the empty part of the bar is what is left for him to grow. Confused. Very.

andrea987

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

103. Posted:

andrea987 wrote:

I still don't understand the potential bar, whether it means how "far" a player can grow or how much it has already "grown", meaning the empty part of the bar is what is left for him to grow. Confused. Very.

as I understand it, the potential bar indicates how much a player is receptive to training cards - players with a full bar will improve greatly when you use training cards on them. Players with, say, half a full bar will only have minor changes in their stats.
I think the potential bar is a given parameter and doesn't change with time - at least, none of my players had any variation of the bar so far.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

kalipso3

104. Posted:

I think the game says different players have their potential peaking at different times, while for others it starts high and falls with age. Might be a bit deeper than it seems at first sight.

kalipso3

3DS Friend Code: 0533-5967-6605

AuthorMessage

spike

105. Posted:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

andrea987 wrote:

as I understand it, the potential bar indicates how much a player is receptive to training cards - players with a full bar will improve greatly when you use training cards on them. Players with, say, half a full bar will only have minor changes in their stats.
I think the potential bar is a given parameter and doesn't change with time - at least, none of my players had any variation of the bar so far.

I get this too. I'm sure its mentioned somewhere either in the manual or an online review. I guess the players wax and wane. Some player get massive increases in some stats, yet others using the same cards dont. I also think it depends on the players position and type of card. I presume a central defender would be more receptive to tackling/heading/holding the line type cards than say a forward.

3DS Friend code : 2191 - 7682 - 6801
Please feel free to add me and I will do likewise in a timely fashion. Cheers.
Currently playing: Nintendo Pocket Football. Fav games EO4, Fire Emblem,REZ Mercs,Ghost Recon SW

AuthorMessage

andrea987

106. Posted:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

andrea987 wrote:

I actually witnessed such a change: one of my gk had 4 empty 'arrows' in his potential bar, at the end of the first season had only 2 empty! As Kalipso said, it's probably peaking within a certain age, and probably different for each player. I haven't seen any major differences in how various players react to same cards/combos, but that may be because I only kept and used players with a full bar or thereabout.

Edited on by andrea987

andrea987

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

107. Posted:

is there a way to see the current progress of a player going from let's say D to C? i often end up forgetting where my players almost have a level up and then i use the wrong cards.

how much are you playing online?
i only had like 3 or 4 matches and my team kinda sucks even though i mostly rock in singleplayer

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Tsasuki

108. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

is there a way to see the current progress of a player going from let's say D to C? i often end up forgetting where my players almost have a level up and then i use the wrong cards.

Hah, this is the exact same question I ended up here for!

So, now I'm registered and all, gonna put my FC in my profile and might become more active depending on initial response :)

NPFC Club ID (so you can play me without adding me): E788A8274

Playing : Nintendo Pocket Football Club, Bravely Default

3DS Friend Code: 4640-0246-1176 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsasuki

AuthorMessage

spike

109. Posted:

Man, this game is addictive. Spent the afternoon slowly creeping through the first season. I’ve adapted my tactics, as my training regime has begun to bear fruit. I’m playing a more expansive game now and by using on the fly tactics of moving my players around mid game.

Initially I thought the games would play out as a load of stock scripts, showing repeated goal build ups and angles ala kevin toms seminal game. This doesn’t appear to be the case, I've yet to see the same goal twice.

This little gem could be a GOTY contender. I can see me sinking many hours into it If the early promise doesn’t dim. The acid test will be if I get promoted and run into the same probs as @spizzamarozzi

Another question if I share players online, do they transfer to the other team or do I get to keep them? I know its a daft one, but I hate to loose my goalie and star player.

Currently playing: Nintendo Pocket Football. Fav games EO4, Fire Emblem,REZ Mercs,Ghost Recon SW

AuthorMessage

spike

110. Posted:

I have to vent. 92nd minute!! Ninety flippin' two minutes . I was holding out 2-1. two players running on vapours, desperately waiting on a break in play from the 70min to replace. Colt City get a corner and then get a v dodgy decision for a pen. 2-2! and then the ref blows...

Arrrgh!

AuthorMessage

kalipso3

111. Posted:

I think I read in some review or Iwata Asks that player sharing is more like cloning, i.e. the player is replicated into friend's team and starts to progress on its own, separately from the original. I think it was even suggested to have fun discussing how the same player developed for two people in a different manner :)
I must admit this feature is super fun for me - I already got around half a dozen of great players with good potential from my friends, and even one of the folk here (IIRC @WYLD-WOO - thanks mate!) shared a player with my own name (kalipso!) - he's my star striker now, and first that got custom type (Sprinter!). The only downside is that the player's stats are a bit mixed up (are carried over from sharing player's team to the cloned footballer).

kalipso3

3DS Friend Code: 0533-5967-6605

AuthorMessage

spike

112. Posted:

kalipso3 wrote:

I think I read in some review or Iwata Asks that player sharing is more like cloning, i.e. the player is replicated into friend's team and starts to progress on its own, separately from the original. I think it was even suggested to have fun discussing how the same player developed for two people in a different manner :)
I must admit this feature is super fun for me - I already got around half a dozen of great players with good potential from my friends, and even one of the folk here (IIRC @WYLD-WOO - thanks mate!) shared a player with my own name (kalipso!) - he's my star striker now, and first that got custom type (Sprinter!). The only downside is that the player's stats are a bit mixed up (are carried over from sharing player's team to the cloned footballer).

Cool. I'll set my shares up then. I'll upload my goalie, Midfield playermanker who plays at the top of a diamond and my winger ( whose stats are poor, but always has the knack of whipping in tremendous crosses that are easy to convert). I'll also add my left back who plays out from defence with silky nutmegs, great diagonal passes. and finally, my silver haired central defend who is terry butcher-esk.

Added @Tsasuki

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

113. Posted:

spike wrote:

The acid test will be if I get promoted and run into the same probs as @spizzamarozzi

After my first season in the Advanced League, I got relegated to the Beginner League. Luckly I didn't get sacked, but after you'll be relegated they cut a quarter of your funds - renewing contracts becomes hard, especially if you already bought expensive players.
I noticed that setting the playing zone is more relevant than I thought. If your playing zone is too stretched and your squad is just "average", your going to suffer. My first year in the Advanced League was sh*te until I reduced the playing zone a bit and bought three inexpensive players for substitutions. Remember that the Advanced League has maybe three times the matches of the Beginner League - and they're week after week, so your players are going to get tired, especially when you train them - you won't get the chance to let them rest unless you have loads of bench players. My favourite striker got injuried for 12 weeks because of this. Now i'm in the Beginner League again and I'm building up a team that is going to be THE SH*T.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

andrea987

114. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

how much are you playing online?
i only had like 3 or 4 matches and my team kinda sucks even though i mostly rock in singleplayer

Sorry, but I don't think there is a way to see stats levels before applying a card, or at least I haven't come across it. I found out you can see combos you already used for every player, and, as a curiosity, in-game you can select the camera to stay on a single player, instead of following the ball.
I'm not playing much 'online', I only use it to rack up some more cards in-between matches, not really caring about winning or losing. Actually, if you're not doing too well, you get more cards, so... But I found it really boring, very minimal interaction, and strategies are only done by moving 4 sliders, like, really?

andrea987

AuthorMessage

spike

115. Posted:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

spike wrote:

The acid test will be if I get promoted and run into the same probs as @spizzamarozzi

After my first season in the Advanced League, I got relegated to the Beginner League. Luckly I didn't get sacked, but after you'll be relegated they cut a quarter of your funds - renewing contracts becomes hard, especially if you already bought expensive players.
I noticed that setting the playing zone is more relevant than I thought. If your playing zone is too stretched and your squad is just "average", your going to suffer. My first year in the Advanced League was sh*te until I reduced the playing zone a bit and bought three inexpensive players for substitutions. Remember that the Advanced League has maybe three times the matches of the Beginner League - and they're week after week, so your players are going to get tired, especially when you train them - you won't get the chance to let them rest unless you have loads of bench players. My favourite striker got injuried for 12 weeks because of this. Now i'm in the Beginner League again and I'm building up a team that is going to be THE SH*T.

I luckily noticed the gap between zones early on before I even started the first season. I found I was loosing possession too cheaply and my players weren't tracking back, leaving my defence exposed. I started with a crap tech squad who had poor skills so I made the total play area v small, whilst I poured cards into specific players with high potential. Any player that goes yellow, I rest up. Only having 17 in the squad means I can ill afford any lengthy injuries. I play chaps out of position if needs be.

"IF" I get promoted, I'm gonna have to buy at least 4 more squad players on the cheap and hope I can get them upto speed using friendly matches.
I hope I get the funds to do so. Staying in the league will be paramount, so cup compo squads will be primarily populated with second string players.

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

116. Posted:

holy moly i had 2 flawless hattricks in a game in avdvanced league (or whatever it is called).

Untitled
follow me if you like (most of my posts are in english): https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/A-C-A-B

i also changed my formation from 4-5-1 to 4--4-2 now and it seems to work better. i changed the formation back again for a game against the top team in my league to 4-5-1 and won 2:1 !! i chose the perfect startegy. it was really cool :D

why are there 3 times more matchess in advanced league?? i have to play against the other times 3 times. wtf??

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

AuthorMessage

Tsasuki

117. Posted:

@Spike likewise :)

Im not much of a football know-all. I like games like this for the managing and personal relations aspect. Don't get me wrong, I like football as a game, I'm just not a "supporter" or some such thing.
Thats why I sometimes find myself having trouble following all the terms and stuff. So far doing a pretty good job though! I'm placed 3rd in the beginner cup (first season). I immediatly got kicked out of the tournament though, they placed me against a first league team and I got pretty much slaughtered!

I put some of my better players on the friend market!

NPFC Club ID (so you can play me without adding me): E788A8274

Playing : Nintendo Pocket Football Club, Bravely Default

3DS Friend Code: 4640-0246-1176 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsasuki

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

118. Posted:

@Tsasuki i will add you aswell. (need to delete someone else first)
if you have trouble with some terms click on a question mark for a small ingame football wiki.

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

119. Posted:

I've been playing this a bit too. Not too big on the online since you get a digital manager, it means that pretty much the only way to personalise your strategy is to design your team well. (And even then, I hear people run teams with S ranks across the board)

Single player campaign is really fun though. I remember the names of nearly all my players now :p

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

WYLD-WOO

120. Posted:

spike wrote:

@kalipso3, @WYLD-WOO Great combo lists. I’ve had a quick look at them, but I think half the fun is discovering them for myself. Plus, I have a terrible memory, so by the time I get to my 3DS from my laptop I’ll have forgotten them. But they are an excellent reference resource if me/anybody gets stuck and needs a helping hand. Kudos to you both.

I can’t wait to get online, but I think I need at least a season with my squad, to understand all their strengths / weaknesses.

One more question.

Does the game have a finite number of seasons or can you play for ever?

@Spike - No worries... I have to date got 118 combos in total, just six more to find. I`ve done a table/chart that I`ve printed off and use by my side for training player. Do you want a copy?

WYLD-WOO

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3796-6485 | Nintendo Network ID: WYLD-WOO