3DS eShop Forum

Topic: New retail games for download on eShop, available only for USA?

Showing 1 to 20 of 27

AuthorMessage
silentrock

silentrock

1. Posted:

Hey everybody, I'm new on here so this is my first post. :)

So as you may know, Nintendo of America re-launched several retail games on a digital version for the 3DS eShop today.
I live in Mexico and I set me region to Mexico so I have access to the Mexican eshop.

The matter is that I've been browsing around the eShop trying to find this newly released games so I can download them without any luck. I just can't find the new downloadable games.
On the other hand, I switched my region to look on the US version of eShop and I had the same results, the new games are nowhere to be found.

I was wondering if you guys could help me out to confirm if these games are available for download only IN USA, or only from USA eShop.
If any other people from North America can help me out, it would be great.

3DSFC: 3566-1702-8742

AuthorMessage
ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

2. Posted:

Yeah I think that the 4 games are only available in NA for now at least. You might also want to wait until noon and check again since the eShop usually gets updated around that time.

VISIT MY NEW BLOG 16-Bit Heaven.
Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Knux

Knux

3. Posted:

It's nice to see those games on the eShop, but the only one I truly see being better as a digital download is Mario Kart 7. Still, I'm perfectly fine with my retail copies of these games.

Knux

AuthorMessage
Nardar

Nardar

4. Posted:

How do you transfer your profile from the cartridge to the digital version.?

Nardar

Nintendo Network ID: Nardar

AuthorMessage
Zach777

Zach777

5. Posted:

@Nardar

The update for that is going to be on the eShop early 2013. Supposedly it is a downloadable app that makes this possible, Nintendo is still "working" on it.

Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
Poke'Mon White 2 Friend Code: 2065-7000-4226
WiiU NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260

AuthorMessage
Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777

6. Posted:

Yeah

MK7
SM3DL
Zelda
Star fox

Are suppose to be 3ds download's I already have:

MK7
SM3DL

So I just downloaded Star fox 3ds. Won't bother with the zelda title because I don't get into zelda. But I was curious about star fox 3ds for a while.

There out in the NA e-shop. At least on my 3ds lol. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12
3DS FC: 3480-2549-1588
Rugrats777 Blog
Miiverse: Barbiegurl777/Rugrats777
Colors 3D! My Gallery
Bandai Namco - Ymmas626
Lalaloopsy - Rugrats777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777

AuthorMessage
Nardar

Nardar

7. Posted:

Zach777 wrote:

@Nardar

The update for that is going to be on the eShop early 2013. Supposedly it is a downloadable app that makes this possible, Nintendo is still "working" on it.

Thanks!
Maybe when the update comes, Nintendo will give a discount for the games that just released.

Nardar

Nintendo Network ID: Nardar

AuthorMessage
Hokori

Hokori

8. Posted:

Hopefully there'll be a way for it to read you already bought the games and be able to transfer data and get them for a low price or free (same with DS games)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Undead_terror

Undead_terror

9. Posted:

Japan is suppose to get these games at november 1st:
Mario & Sonic at the London Olympic Games
Mario Kart 7
Mario Tennis Open
Ocarina of Time 3D
Pilotwings Resort
Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D Land

and they get a few other retail downloads that we might never see.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l eShop Gurus l Super Smash Bros. 4 Brawler Card I Splatoon Player Card

Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Hokori

Hokori

10. Posted:

If we get MTO I might get that...

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
willobee

willobee

11. Posted:

CapnPancakez wrote:

Yeah I think that the 4 games are only available in NA for now at least. You might also want to wait until noon and check again since the eShop usually gets updated around that time.

Mexico is in NA :p thought Ninty seems to treat it seperately.

Also, the games are in Canada too. It isn't always about USA guys!

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto

12. Posted:

Re-releasing Mario & Sonic is kind of pointless. The Olympics ended a while ago.

I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, and Wii games missing from the Wii U VC.

Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Hokori

Hokori

13. Posted:

SRArter wrote:

Re-releasing Mario & Sonic is kind of pointless. The Olympics ended a while ago.

The Olympics are never over >:{

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Birdman

Birdman

14. Posted:

SRArter wrote:

Re-releasing Mario & Sonic is kind of pointless. The Olympics ended a while ago.

If there's still money to be made, there's still money to be made. That's why Mario & Sonic @ the Olympics is being re-released.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage
willobee

willobee

15. Posted:

SRArter wrote:

Re-releasing Mario & Sonic is kind of pointless. The Olympics ended a while ago.

It isn't like the moment the Olympic end, the Nintendo game suddenly turns into a pile of dust. It continues to be a decent little collection of minigames, and probably will stay that way for some time.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
rayword45

rayword45

16. Posted:

Seriously, some of these upcoming rereleases cannot be MSRP. You'd have to be a fool or REALLY desperate for a digital copy to buy that.

Specifically Pilotwings. If they charge $40 for that, I'd laugh at the fact I can buy at least 4 physical copies with that cash.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Noob_The_Third

Noob_The_Third

17. Posted:

Yeah. PilotWings you can get for about $10 on Amazon

8 Bit Forward

AuthorMessage
TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk

18. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Seriously, some of these upcoming rereleases cannot be MSRP. You'd have to be a fool or REALLY desperate for a digital copy to buy that.

Specifically Pilotwings. If they charge $40 for that, I'd laugh at the fact I can buy at least 4 physical copies with that cash.

It is the MSRP. The reason they are cheaper in stores is as stores can set their own prices after a certain period of time. Nintendo always follow the MSRP (In NA and EU) on the eshop, so therefore it's $40.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

19. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Seriously, some of these upcoming rereleases cannot be MSRP. You'd have to be a fool or REALLY desperate for a digital copy to buy that.

Specifically Pilotwings. If they charge $40 for that, I'd laugh at the fact I can buy at least 4 physical copies with that cash.

Oh looky here: http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Super+Mario+3D+land

You'd be a fool to NOT see a Nintendo game that's under full price (except for used games and Amazon/eBay)

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
rayword45

rayword45

20. Posted:

Mr_LztheBleh wrote:

Oh looky here: http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Super+Mario+3D+land

You'd be a fool to NOT see a Nintendo game that's under full price (except for used games and Amazon/eBay)

New copy is the same price.

In actuality, while I do think downloads should be cheaper by a small amount, in this case a new copy is the same, and that doesn't include either gas or shipping. Truthfully, I could probably get a new copy for less then $40 including S&H, but that would need some searching in this case. Same with games like Mario Kart (at least before). Pilotwings doesn't sell for $40 anywhere I can think of that doesn't have price match.

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

It is the MSRP. The reason they are cheaper in stores is as stores can set their own prices after a certain period of time. Nintendo always follow the MSRP (In NA and EU) on the eshop, so therefore it's $40.

Then they're fools. In this case, it's not devaluing their own game. It's overpricing. They don't have to compete with retailers, but to charge $40 is ridiculous here when I can buy physical copies (with at least a box, likely a manual) for one-fifth the price. Hell, even the reviews said there wasn't enough content for the price at launch (although they said the same for Steel Diver which I disagree with if you can get into it)

If they follow the MSRP, so be it, but only a complete jackass (or someone really reliant on digital downloads) would purchase at that price.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.