3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Mutant Mudds

Showing 181 to 200 of 212

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

181. Posted:

Eeyup, I beat it 100% today, all 2000 Golden Diamonds too. I love the little bonus you get for it. :D

And 5-4 is easily the harshest level in the game. Then going back to beat it for one missed Diamond... shudder It's a good feeling beating it though, but not as good as the others, because it really gets cruel losing so many lives on it. So it just became an annoyance eventually. Funny thing is the G-Land in it is one of the easiest. XD

And the sequel will be a day one buy for me. I can't wait to see the boss battles. It's going to be epic. Here's hoping it gets a simeltainious regional release so I don't have to wait in torture! :O

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

drpepperman

182. Posted:

dam i want it

drpepperman

AuthorMessage

drpepperman

183. Posted:

i got it, in gonna play it now

drpepperman

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

184. Posted:

I really wish Nintendo had more love for indie developers (funding/publishing more games) and appreciated the smaller teams that are somehow loyal to Nintendo for no apparent reason (Renegade Kid, Shin'en, Wayforward).

These guys bring quality to the table every time, and could make the Wii U eshop a huge success... yet are they ever highlighted by Nintendo? Nope. Instead they team up with the big publishers/developers, usually with mixed results.

I guess it's because there's far more indie developers in the US/Europe than in Japan, but that's just messed up, nationalities shouldn't matter so much. Indie developers look up to Nintendo a great deal, and it'd be silly not to take advantage of that and give them a budget to make exclusive content. As it stands, we're lucky to get the half a dozen great indie games on Nintendo platforms a year.

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

185. Posted:

I agree. From what I've seen of the games they make, Renegade Kid is consistently great, and they should definetly team up with Ninty or maybe even Retro Studios at least.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

186. Posted:

I think Nintendo should buy Renegade Kid, I mean they have that quality that Nintendo looks for with their games and they are naturally good at what they do. As long as they make more games like Mutant Mudds, they should then sit down with nintendo and discuss the possibility of joining up and becoming a second party developer. I mean Nintendo has outsourced games to western developers before and they've been successful, Punch-out Wii was made by Next Level Games, Which is western and the Metroid Prime Series was developed by Retro Studios, whose studios are in Austin,Texas.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

187. Posted:

Agreed. And I don't know wether they develop for mostly Nintendo, but buying WayFoward wouldn't hurt either(Mighty Flip Champs, DSiWare, Mighty Switch Force, 3DSWare).

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

188. Posted:

I don't see why they need to buy them, they just need to advertise the eShop more. Instead of the ad campaign for NSMB 2, how about Nintendo chooses 5 outstanding eShop games and advertises them as original, creative "budget" titles that can be downloaded directly from the eShop.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

189. Posted:

I don't think Renegade Kid has the creative spark, or originality to back their games up. Mutant Mudds was great( Loved the soundtrack, the challenge and tight platforming)and all but it wasn't exactly beaming with originality in the platforming department or the enemie design. while Dementium 1 & 2 were pretty decent(personally didn't like 2 that much) Moon was pretty uninspired, Bomb Monkey looks alright but what exactly is it doing new? And their upcoming ATV Wild ride....looks, well....ya. :p

If Nintendo were to snag a western developer, i can't think of anyone else other than WayForward B-)
They are the ultimate 2D sprite based Western developer, and i just love their passion(M Bozon springs to mind) towards retro gaming in general and they have mad talent to back it up. They really know their stuff.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

190. Posted:

@waveboy I guess you're right, But I mean despite Mutant Mudds being not as original as most people thought it would be, it showed that the 3DS could have some top tier games. Ok so switching between the foreground and the background isn't original, but in 3D that application of that ability is astounding to me, it's like "why haven't they done this before?" until you realise oh Donkey Kong Country returns did it recently, but this is in 3D!
Now we're obviously just dreaming, but yeah I kinda would like Renegade Kid to make nintendo games, as in taking old franchises and doing something cool with it, I could see RK doing a Ice Climbers game, but hypothetically speaking yeah that's never gonna happen, but we can dream right?

EDIT: Oh my bad, I just remembered that the whole 3D foreground/background isn't original either, If you've heard about or seen Virtual Boy Wario Land, you know what I'm talking about, but come on it's not like anyone liked the Virtual Boy right? Well I'm not in a position to say that, but you know why we don't see or hear more about the virtual boy then we should right?

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

191. Posted:

Just because a game isn't original it doesn't mean it can't be made brilliantly.

Look at DKCR. Don't see what's so original about it, but it's still an outstanding game.

:)

But I agree on Bomb Monkey. Sounds kinda mediocre.

AuthorMessage

Karakato

192. Posted:

Mutant mudds, while far from perfect, was a reminder to me on why I loved Retro Platformers what with the cute sprite work, tight controls and catchy tunes. It didn't try to set the standards for platforming, it was just there to please people by simply being a fun game with refined Platforming concepts that suited the 3DS' hardware.

I appreciate what Renegade Kid tried to do for the DS and even if most of their games were flawed, you can see how much effort they put into it, especially with Moon being made from 6 devs and This game made from a team of 3. Game design is difficult and time consuming especially if your dev team is composed of a few members, just ask @pixelman

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

I-U

193. Posted:

I do think Nintendo should let Renegade Kid handle several of their IPs on the eShop, and I'm convinced that they have more than enough creativity to handle such IPs. Renegade Kid, with both Mutant Mudds and Bomb Monkey, took the essence of fun within a genre and presented it in charming, easy to control games. They've done this twice with just 3 on the projects. Once ATV Wild Ride 3D and Mutant Mudds 2 hit the eShop, barring something new from Nintendo, Renegade Kid to me would be the go to of the eShop. I do want to say this though, Watsham, Gammage and Gambrell, they have magic going on and I would suggest that their current style be a major focus going ahead.

Anyways, I believe Renegade Kid can handle Mario, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers and Kirby IPs in a retro presentation. I'm not sure if I would want that however, as I enjoy their own work and fear that Nintendo would put them on too tight of a leash if they were to handle eShop releases of any of those IPs.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

RR529

194. Posted:

Mutant Mudds is a great game, but I don't get the "IT'S TEH BEST GAME EVAH!" mentality some have towards it. It's good, but it doesn't necessarily do anything better than any other platformer on eShop (it's not really worse, either, but it's certainly not in some sort of leaque of it's own).

It's Retro vibe is especially praised, but in truth, it has a generic retro look. Last time I checked, there was no 12-bit era, so who this is nostalgic for, is lost on me. It's soundtrack is great, but so is that of VVVVVV, and MSF! Gameplay, again fantastic, but the two others are just as good.

I also don't get that Nintendo vibe from it at all. It's cutesy, that's for sure, but it's mud monster concept isn't original at all (in fact it seems kind of amateurish).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

195. Posted:

The main character reminds me of Stephen Merchant from the Ricky Gervais Show. lol

Untitled

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

196. Posted:

Great news for fans.
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/renegade-kid-talks-about-the-bonus...
Shame Nintendo makes the process so time consuming though. I bet many developers wouldn't want to bother to add extra content because of it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Birdman

197. Posted:

@Retro - How many more levels are in the PC version compared to the 3DS one? Either way, free update with new levels is always fine in my book.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

rayword45

198. Posted:

Like others here, I don't understand the hype towards it. It was fun while it lasted, but the gameplay itself is a tad too slow for my tastes, and I honestly would've liked another difficulty option (I don't get how people can complain this is too hard, and even BEAR with VVVVVV. That game is comparatively BRUTAL).

The bonus was amazing though. :D

Also, the amount of bonus levels seems to be 20. Enough to lengthen the game by quite a bit I'd say.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

199. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Like others here, I don't understand the hype towards it. It was fun while it lasted, but the gameplay itself is a tad too slow for my tastes, and I honestly would've liked another difficulty option (I don't get how people can complain this is too hard, and even BEAR with VVVVVV. That game is comparatively BRUTAL).

The bonus was amazing though. :D

Also, the amount of bonus levels seems to be 20. Enough to lengthen the game by quite a bit I'd say.

Well I haven't played VVVVVV, but that's because we don't have it on our eShop, but Mutant Mudds gets pretty brutal towards the end and I think the hype comes from the brilliant 'Retro' feel. I love the music particularly, that and the 3D Depth aspect is what got me to buy the game in the first place. It may not be for you, but I can say it's one of my favourite games on our eShop.

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

200. Posted:

The grannie levels are coming to the 3DS version via a free update.
"You might be asking yourself, "Why should I vote for Mudds on Steam?" when you may already have Mutant Mudds on your 3DS, or you’re waiting for the 20 new Grannie levels to land on the eShop (which is totally going to happen btw, as a free update)."

JustAnotherUser