3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Mutant Mudds

Showing 121 to 140 of 212

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

121. Posted:

@I-U

Like I said, it looks great. I'm just on a tight gaming budget, and I want to get the most for my money. I agree that VC games should be cheeper, and I was never intending to question that. I will definitely download it eventually. A demo would help to sell me on the game and influence how soon I download it.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

AuthorMessage

Pogocoop

122. Posted:

Well, I finally decided to pick this up , to brighten up my awful day, and I must say, this game is excellence, as much as I would like to list everything wonderful about this game, that would take waaaay to much time, time I could be using to play more freaking Mutant Muds!

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

AuthorMessage

I-U

123. Posted:

This game is incredible. I really can't say that enough. In the midst of earning 100% in the game over and over, I have placed and have since received an order for a big Max t-shirt. That is the first time I recall ever investing in game-related mechandise, and as soon as the shirt came in, I just had to have it on and sit down with Mutant Mudds. What has been captivating me continually more into Mutant Mudds at this point would be its handling of unlocking levels and the quick access to levels. There's 32 Water Sprites across 16 levels that can be collected, and it only takes 15 of them to unlock every level prior to the final area of the game. The game enables itself to reward players by offering them more choices as they continue to collect Water Sprites and golden diamonds. Most games these days on Nintendo systems seem to only allow the player to go from one level to the next, rather than giving the choice to tackle a variety of levels. Quick access has been really awesome, especially when I want to experience levels of different themes back to back, such as 2-4 and 4-1, which just requires a short walk of Max across the straightforward hub-world. No need to travel along a series of dots just to get out of a world, and wait for the next world to load up just to probably again travel along a series of dots to reach the desired level the player would like to replay. With such smooth pace and access, Mutant Mudds allows itself to offer more moments of what it is the best at: platforming.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

124. Posted:

got the game today and i must say its pretty good and it makes it better because its made by a publisher i like

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

125. Posted:

I'm assuming it does, but does this game get harder than the demo shows? Not just beating it, but collecting everything, too. I got all 100 sprite things in every level of the demo pretty easily. I'd like as much replayability as possible for a $9 download game, so does this one have that? Because I thought the demo was a lot of fun but still not sure about buying it.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

KuraiSamurai

126. Posted:

I'm not sure if I should get mutant mudds or rolling western. Any help would be appreciated.

KuraiSamurai

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

127. Posted:

@KuraiSamurai

There is a free demo of Mutant Mudds in the eShop now.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

AuthorMessage

KuraiSamurai

128. Posted:

I know, it's because of the demo that I couldn't decide. In the end I just added a bit more money and got both. Ha ha.

KuraiSamurai

AuthorMessage

I-U

129. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

I'm assuming it does, but does this game get harder than the demo shows? Not just beating it, but collecting everything, too. I got all 100 sprite things in every level of the demo pretty easily. I'd like as much replayability as possible for a $9 download game, so does this one have that? Because I thought the demo was a lot of fun but still not sure about buying it.

The first levels of each different region are the starting points of each region's level difficulty, so they're each the easiest of their respective themes. Collecting everything should get harder, especially in Worlds 2, 4 and the last. As Max, you'll also be required to cycle through three different unlockable upgrades to access most of the game's 20 secret levels, so that's going to require more awareness when playing through the levels. This game definitely has plenty of replay value, especially after you get 100% in the game (100% being 2000 golden diamonds and 40 Water Sprites).

Edited on by I-U

AuthorMessage

MofieWilson

130. Posted:

I couldn't find the demo in the E shop - Is it not available in the uk yet?

3DS friend code - 5241 - 2428 - 0543 - Need friends to play MK7, Kid Icarus and Heroes of Ruin. Fave game: Cave Story! x

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

131. Posted:

Just wondering, how is there replay value after you get 100%? What else is there to do if you've already done everything?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

TwilightPoint

132. Posted:

@MofieWilson The demo is not available in the UK yet.
It's America only at the minute.

TwilightPoint

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

133. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

Just wondering, how is there replay value after you get 100%? What else is there to do if you've already done everything?

You get to play as the super Powered Granny. Super powered as in you get all 3 Weapon power ups from the start. ;)

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

I-U

134. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

Like Waveboy said, you unlock Max's Grandma as a playable character (seen as my avatar) after you get 100% in the game. Grandma has all three of the unlockable upgrades from the start of the journey to take down the Mudds, which adds a new dynamic in terms of how levels can be completed and overall more freedom in what order you wish to complete the game. In my personal opinion, much of the replay value for Mutant Mudds comes with Max's Grandma with how much levels open up.

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

135. Posted:

Well I downloaded the demo today and gave it a whirl. And I must say, I wasn't impressed. While I do see the obvious charm this game boasts, I just wasn't taken in. :/

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

136. Posted:

played abit more today and i got the powershot and longer hover jet pack

The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

137. Posted:

The demo was great! I managed to 100% it in 40 minutes, it's quite hard (specially the virtual boy zone).
I really want to buy this one but I don't want to use all my remaining money on a single game :-x

Edited on by Moorpheel

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

138. Posted:

im at the last level in the sky section and its too bloody hard,flying pigs pooping bombs and mudds shooting their eyes out,its just a mess of mudd

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

139. Posted:

dark-insanity wrote:

im at the last level in the sky section and its too bloody hard,flying pigs pooping bombs and mudds shooting their eyes out,its just a mess of mudd

Yeah, that level really ticked me off. It's a low point of the game. Once you beat it, it's (relatively) smooth sailing until the very last level, which is just as ridiculous as the one you're on.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

I-U

140. Posted:

dark-insanity wrote:

This is one of the hardest levels of the entire game. What I did during my first playthrough was avoid doing 100% of the level's golden diamonds on first go, so that I could put more attention on simply getting through the level to the Water Sprite. You've got to play the level as if you only have two hearts, because I don't see how that trio of Eyeshots' attacks are completely avoidable unless you have the game's final upgrade. It's the only moment of cheapness I know of in the game at this point. Pork Plops aren't too hard to avoid, and I would suggest practicing on level 4-3 with the Pork Plop at the beginning to get good at avoiding their bombs.