3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Mighty Switch Force |OT| Switchin up Impressions in 3D

Showing 141 to 160 of 168

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

141. Posted:

THis game is soooooooo meh. Not sure why ppl think it's epic but they've obviously never played great games on the Nintendo Entertainment System (or SNES for that matter).

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

142. Posted:

I seem to be loving this much more so far than everyone else who bought it at $3, lol.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

143. Posted:

So far, I personally like it a lot. Actually, my only criticism so far is the frequent exclamations of "Yummy!" whenever I pick up a health card thing. Other than that admittedly minor annoyance, I have no complaints so far. Its a fun game and well worth the $3.20 I paid for it.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

144. Posted:

I just had to pick it up yesterday (i'm a huge sucker for sales). I guess I won't post until I can get an in depth session with the game.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

145. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

THis game is soooooooo meh. Not sure why ppl think it's epic but they've obviously never played great games on the Nintendo Entertainment System (or SNES for that matter).

[/div]

Now now, zerkie. I, this site's king of the Super Nintendo, thoroughly enjoy this game. Why don't you like it? I understand you thinking it's not as amazing as people make it out to seem (some people did over react to it.)

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

146. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Now now, zerkie. I, this site's king of the Super Nintendo, thoroughly enjoy this game. Why don't you like it? I understand you thinking it's not as amazing as people make it out to seem (some people did over react to it.)

Some games, like Other M, I have paragraphs of reasons why I didn't like. This game? I dunno - I don't really have many reasons why I dislike it. I just don't....that's all I can really say atm. I just wasn't impressed. Sorry....I know that's lame. :

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
My name in a game!!!

AuthorMessage

rayword45

147. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

has anyone beaten the par time of any levels?

I beat all of the main game levels with par time in under 2 hours, and the bonus 5 took another 2 (seriously, those were BRUTAL)

It is a challenge, but not nearly as hard as you'd think (although some levels you NEED the bonus weapon)

LordJumpMad wrote:

iphys wrote:

I stopped playing for the time being, because all the flipping around at the speed of light is driving me insane on level 15. The game just seems pretty average to me (although I'm not really a fan of platformers), so I'm glad it was only $3.

[/div]

Mighty Switch Force is good, I just downloaded it, but I see what you mean about the crazy swiching, I'm on level 11, and it seems to get out of hand.
But the music is really good, is there a way to listen to it, like a music room in the game.

http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/mighty-switch-force-ost

This guy made all the music for the Mighty games.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

148. Posted:

Lol. Well with the hype and blind praise when it first came out I guess it's not surprising you were expecting more? The game definitely has faults I acknowledge, but I still think it's fun.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

149. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Lol. Well with the hype and blind praise when it first came out I guess it's not surprising you were expecting more? The game definitely has faults I acknowledge, but I still think it's fun.

Retro - u nailed it!!! I won't give up on this game though and for $3 it was def worth the d/l. I can see that it has charm.

My name in a game!!!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

150. Posted:

I really like this game's style. Especially the soundtrack.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

iphys

151. Posted:

I did finally beat it, but the last 2 incidents drove me nuts, because I couldn't consistently time the switches. The sprites do look nice, but the 3D is all just a few different 2D layers, and I don't like that they sexualized the girls by making them half naked and giving them crazy Barbie doll proportions.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

rosebud

152. Posted:

iphys wrote:

I don't like that they sexualized the girls by making them half naked and giving them crazy Barbie doll proportions.

[/div]

Agreed. My 8 year old son wanted to play this and I had to say no because of the silly cartoon sexuality. WF really needs to tone that down. For myself, I just kind of skip through the end level screens as quick as possible.

I am about halfway through the game and thoroughly enjoying the gameplay, music and graphics. I also enjoy that I didn't have to pay $8 for this one. : )

Edited on by rosebud

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

153. Posted:

iphys wrote:

and I don't like that they sexualized the girls by making them half naked and giving them crazy Barbie doll proportions.

That's literally what every Wayforward Nintendo download game has been like.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

iphys

154. Posted:

I don't remember Mighty Flip Champs being as outrageous, but maybe that was because it was lower res. I guess it's a good thing I won't be buying the HD version of this game.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

155. Posted:

Hmm I don't see a thread yet that's dedicated to Mighty Switch Force speed runs. :/
To those that are finding the game to be mediocre: there is quite a bit of nuance to perfecting par times or better.
Obligatory brag: I finally shattered the par time on level 5. :P 1:24:91

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

156. Posted:

thelastlemming wrote:

Obligatory brag: I finally shattered the par time on level 5. :P 1:24:91

With or without the bonus weapon?

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

157. Posted:

I'm under par for the first 11 incidents so far. I don't have the bonus weapon yet.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

158. Posted:

I've only played the first six levels or so, trying to get my times down.
So this was without the bonus weapon (which I'm psyched to unlock).

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

159. Posted:

[quote=24972Obligatory brag: I finally shattered the par time on level 5. :P 1:24:91

[/quote]
Mine is 01:26.21. You beat me by less than two seconds.

Anyone know if there's a leaderboard somewhere for best times?

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

160. Posted:

It would provide a great incentive to keep whittling down those times. :)