3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Mighty Switch Force |OT| Switchin up Impressions in 3D

Showing 121 to 140 of 169

AuthorMessage

iphys

121. Posted:

I stopped playing for the time being, because all the flipping around at the speed of light is driving me insane on level 15. The game just seems pretty average to me (although I'm not really a fan of platformers), so I'm glad it was only $3.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

122. Posted:

Oh noes don't tell me I wasted my money!
i highly doubt i'll dislike it, but i don't expect it to be anywhere near the level of mutant mudds or vvvvvv either. so a fair price, then.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

iphys

123. Posted:

The music is pretty good at least.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

124. Posted:

The music was pretty much the best part of both Mutant Mudds and VVVVVV, so that doesn't bode well for this. :P

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

125. Posted:

The music's pretty much the best part of this game too haha, it's similar to the stuff in VVVVVV but a little more electro. Most of the levels aren't like 15 (there is only one other level which involves flying around a lot) but you might find it easy if you play it after Mudds and VVVVVV.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
Interested in games as art?

"This is the best gift I can give to you right now. A gift without form called "memory". I don't have any money. I can't buy you anything with form. Even so, even without a form, a memory will last forever! I believe that it will."

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

126. Posted:

TinyOddy wrote:

Oh noes don't tell me I wasted my money!
i highly doubt i'll dislike it, but i don't expect it to be anywhere near the level of mutant mudds or vvvvvv either. so a fair price, then.

Mighty Switch Force is way better then Mutant Mudds imo.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

127. Posted:

@IAmNotWill Well you rated Mutant Mudds two stars on Backloggery, which is three lower than I did, so I guess we'll have to see.

Had trouble downloading for some reason. I will not post again to this thread until I have some impression to give.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

128. Posted:

iphys wrote:

I stopped playing for the time being, because all the flipping around at the speed of light is driving me insane on level 15. The game just seems pretty average to me (although I'm not really a fan of platformers), so I'm glad it was only $3.

Mighty Switch Force is good, I just downloaded it, but I see what you mean about the crazy swiching, I'm on level 11, and it seems to get out of hand.
But the music is really good, is there a way to listen to it, like a music room in the game.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

129. Posted:

has anyone beaten the par time of any levels?

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

130. Posted:

$2.99!?

Downloading right now! :)

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

131. Posted:

Why am I flat broke when a game I want/don't own is on sale for a AWESOME price, some times it sucks to be young and not have a job. :(

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

132. Posted:

1,801 blocks!? Wow!

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

133. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

A few, as of the last time i played it. The key is basically just to memorize the levels, then it's not as hard as it seems.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

RR529

134. Posted:

I'd put the game above Mutant Mudds, but just a tad below VVVVVV.

It's not as long as the other two titles, true, but even at it's normal price (what I paid for it) it's still less expensive than the other two, so I'm not upset with the shorter length.

The spritework is unarguably the best on eShop (the detail is immaculate), and it feels like a love letter to the 16-bit era (unlike MM's fake "12-bit" look. Seriously, you're going to make a retro game, but design it after an era that doesn't exist, WTF!). VVVVVV out does both by imitating the graphics of a particular system.

The block switching mechanic is fun & fresh. Not quite as much so as VVVVVV's gravity flipping, but moreso than MM's platforming.

They're all fun games, though.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

135. Posted:

TinyOddy wrote:

@IAmNotWill Well you rated Mutant Mudds two stars on Backloggery, which is three lower than I did, so I guess we'll have to see.

Had trouble downloading for some reason. I will not post again to this thread until I have some impression to give.

Well thats because I found it extremely cheap and unfair in some places. MM was awesome in every aspect except the level design.

undead_terror wrote:

Par times are way easier to get once you have the end game reward. I currently have Par times for stages 1-13, all of which I did after beating the last level.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

136. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

All of the non-DLC times, yes.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

BenAV

137. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

That's half the fun of the game if you ask me.
Throughout the whole game I always beat the Par time before moving onto the next level.
I don't think I would have got as much enjoyment out of the game if I did it any other way.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Mr_DSi

138. Posted:

It's a fun game but it is too short. I beat every level faster than the par time in less than 4 hours...

Edited on by Mr_DSi

3DS: 3437-3059-8846
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lalalandtaco

AuthorMessage

JohnDoe123

139. Posted:

So far I'm finding it pretty average. Sometimes I find the screen too small to see what is going on, a map would have helped a lot. I'm on level 15 now and it would be helpful to plan my route instead of wandering around aimlessly.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

140. Posted:

@EmpireIndustries, I believe the only way is to memorize each level's layout, but I do agree with you about the screen size.

Nintendo Bro