3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Mighty Switch Force |OT| Switchin up Impressions in 3D

Showing 101 to 120 of 168

AuthorMessage

Mercury9

101. Posted:

Huh. Particle effects seem slightly better in 3D.
3D generally still seems pretty much the same as before

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage

RR529

102. Posted:

Just beat the second bonus stage. only died once so far (and that was on the second stage), but it's good to see the difficulty's in the same leauge as the rest of the game. Still, getting the par times is going to be a challenge :)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RR529

103. Posted:

Mercury9 wrote:

Huh. Particle effects seem slightly better in 3D.
3D generally still seems pretty much the same as before

even so, the game's 3D has always been pretty fantastic!

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Katernity

104. Posted:

@Rockgamer thanks. on this video, its the jump/switch that happens right at 1:10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8xsB1WIQwE

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0222-0938
Playing 3DS games: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Resident Evil: Revelations, Dillon's Rolling Western, Pushmo, FreakyForms

AuthorMessage

Shadowflash

105. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

The Improved 3D just reduces the blur, which is nice.

But I have a question, will my current data be deleted if I update? I haven't done so yet as I am worried.

None of your save data will be erased :).

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter: Shadowflash0

AuthorMessage

rayword45

106. Posted:

Haven't parred the new levels, but glad to see that they're nice and difficult, compared to the non-bonus levels which felt all too easy. Beating/parring these 5 levels add practically an hour of gameplay.

The reset button is also awesome.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Rockgamer

107. Posted:

I've beaten the par times on the first three bonus levels now, and I'm working on beating the fourth one. I'm definitely enjoying these bonus levels just as much as the regular ones, and I'm already back into my old groove (I thought I'd be rusty after not having played in so long).

Katernity wrote:

@Rockgamer thanks. on this video, its the jump/switch that happens right at 1:10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8xsB1WIQwE

I just replayed it and I can definitely see why you would have trouble with it. The best way to handle it is to line up so that your back foot is on the edge of the platform you're jumping from. Then you need to jump towards the platform you're going to land on, and as soon as your feet are off the ground press the switch button (make sure to keep pressing left on the d-pad or circle pad (whichever you use) the whole time you're doing this). If you press the switch button too soon (i.e. try to press the jump and switch button at the same time) you may end up not getting enough height off of your jump, or not jumping at all, so the key is to definitely make sure your feet are off the platform (about right as your body hits the wall) before you press the switch button.

Hopefully that's not overly complicated (it looks a lot of text to cover something that's only going to last in-game for like two seconds). Good luck in trying to beat the stage!

Edited on by Rockgamer

Rockgamer

AuthorMessage

Ducutzu

108. Posted:

Do you need to finish all initial levels in order to see the bonus levels in the list?

I updated the game, but I can only see 16 levels in the list of levels (I did not finish all of them).

So do you must finish them to see the rest in the list?

Ducutzu

AuthorMessage

Chris720

109. Posted:

Kinda stuck on Incident 16 now... dam you auto-switching! But even though it frustrates me to no end, it has to be the most fun level I've ever played. I was also hoping for there to be a retry button after you die so you don't have to go back to the main menu and then reselect it... but ah well, atleast there's a retry button for the speed runners.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

110. Posted:

I just downloaded the game for the first time (had too many other things to play), and it's much better than I'd expected. These are easily the best 2D platformer graphics I've yet seen on the console, putting muddy Rayman to shame along with everything else out there. Gorgeous in 3D. Great game, and good of the developer to put out updates like this.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Rockgamer

111. Posted:

I finished beating the par times for all the bonus levels. You don't get anything special for doing it, but it was still a fun experience and a great addition to the main game. It was great getting to play more of this game, so I'm hoping WayForward gets started on a sequel or another update.

Rockgamer

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

112. Posted:

Just beat bonus 02! That was pretty dang hard. Really enjoying the levels so far though. They're fun. Seems like it'll be a pain to beat the par times. I'm just glad to see we got free new levels for this game. That's really nice of Wayforward. Glad to see they didn't just forget about the sexy Patricia Wagon. XD

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Kinioka

113. Posted:

Bought it yesterday. Great game with a brilliant soundtrack, 3D is nice too. I was stucked in incident 13(end) and was starting to get annoyed with it, but everything is fine now, finally beat it today :P

Hallelujah.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

114. Posted:

I'm finally on bonus 05. Bonus 04 was just ridiculous! It took me 19 minutes to beat. How the heck do I do it in 2:30? XD I couldn't figure out how to get to the robot at the end. Now I'm stuck on bonus 05! :P I'm so close but I keep getting crushed near the end of the climb to the robot to exit the level. Ugh. Still, this game is so much fun. Incredibly charming too. Hope you get a sequel if not more DLC, Patricia Wagon! <3
EDIT: Just beat bonus 05 now! Awesome. Won't be getting par times soon.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

115. Posted:

I have a question for those who have played all these games. Now that Mighty Switch Force is going on sale, I'm definitely finally going to buy it. But I'm wondering, is there some connection, storyline or otherwise, between the three games in this series? They seem to have nothing in common other than the word "Mighty" in the title, and I'm wondering if I should try to play the first two before this one or if it even matters?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

116. Posted:

@Xyphon22 Each "Mighty" game is a spiritual successor to the last, but there is no real gameplay or story connection between them.

I enjoyed Flip Champs and Milky Way, but the art direction turned me off this one. Three bucks, though...

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

117. Posted:

Yeah, Flip Champs looks the best to me, but the price has put me off. I'm sure $8 is a good price since I've heard it's a great game, but considering the third one that adds 3D is only $6, and now $3, it's hard to convince myself to buy it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be missing anything or being confused by playing Switch Force without having played the other two already.

Xyphon22

AuthorMessage

iphys

118. Posted:

I felt a bit let down with the content in Flip Champs, because there were $5 games on DSiWare that I got more play out of it, and I actually never did wind up buying another $8 DSiWare game because of it. Aside from the price, I didn't really like that it had levels that flipped between so many screens, because it was impossible to see more than 2 at once, so it became more like trial-and-error instead of actually being able to sit there and stare at it to figure out the solution. Anyway, I'm sure I won't be disappointed getting Switch Force for only $3 though.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

119. Posted:

Even my anti-WayForward bias wasn't powerful enough to ward off the temptation of a great $3 downloadable game.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

120. Posted:

I must say, this was a pretty good game, but I'm glad I only had to pay $3 for it. I beat all the levels, including the five bonus levels, in about an hour, maybe less. Granted, I haven't hit the par times yet, but still. Seeing every level in the game that easily makes me glad I didn't pay more.

Xyphon22