3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Late Retail to Digital Games NOT COOL

Showing 21 to 37 of 37

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

21. Posted:

Chrysalis wrote:

@kk Physical games break and deteriorate over time. You could make the argument that digital games can be deleted. However, they can be downloaded again, and again, and again, and again.

so do sd cards. And you're expecting something like my 3DS downloadable games to transfer to the next handheld and then transfer those all to another one etc. I don't trust gaming companies, even Nintendo, to be that A-OK with that and go out of their way to make that work. I do realize it easily could but whether it will...eh...

there's plenty of NES games that still work btw, I think people are overstating this.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

22. Posted:

Yep plus with the NN ID you get them back and before you say what if it breaks? CN all you do is send it to Nintendo and FIXED they did that with my DSi (and I assume DSi would be harder to do then 3DS/WiiU)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

23. Posted:

Zach777 wrote:

All I'm saying is it would be nice for a company to let you know if their currently released products were going to be both digital AND retail, and if it happens to not release on the same day to let you know that is the case. Personally I am trying to make my 3DS digital so I don't have to lug game carts around when I want to trade out a game, but that is my problem.

The point I was trying to make was that if a game is labeled as "Retail ONLY" and the consumer assumes that to be the ONLY way to get that product, that is fine. It is another thing to have purchased said product under that impression and then find out later that, oh wait just kidding it's going to be digital now too. Slightly frustrating is all...

Sidenote: 1) Never said I was unhappy with the game itself, just the scenario sated twice above. 2) VC games are irrelevant because they are from a older system and don't play on modern systems unless through this means. Besides, their prices are significantly reduced and not the same price you would have paid for such as $40.00 for the NES SMB back in 1986.

Ever think the company didn't originally plan on releasing it digitally? They don't later decide to release it digitally to piss off customers, there is no benefit if that's their goal. Some people like you think it'd be better as a digital download but aren't willing to buy it retail. Not to mention it's easier to buy a game digitally than go out to the store. Odds are I'll pick this up, I probably wasn't going to when it was retail only, so it's netting more sales. There was never a promise to the consumer that they wouldn't ever release this game through another method. When it comes down to it, you aren't complaining because of the lack of it being available digitally, you're upset now because it wasn't released then and, had it not been released digitally now, you wouldn't be complaining. The released it digitally to get more sales and you're complaining other players have more accessibility to you when you paid for a retail game, and you feel entitled to something you didn't pay for (the download game). This release shouldn't affect you, nobody is making you purchase this, if it bugs you that much just ignore it and pretend they didn't do it.

In short, the company only owes you what you PAID for, a retail copy. You bought that. This is for people who weren't interested in a retail copy. If you're that bugged, sell your copy on eBay or something and buy this copy but you don't have the right to complain you've already paid for it, you paid for one copy and shouldn't get another one for free or less money simply because you already bought a copy, you aren't expected to buy another copy.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

24. Posted:

Are people really suggesting that there's a concern that physical games can break? Take care of your physical games. Problem solved.
Jeez, i still have Atari 2600 carts that are i've had for over 30 years and still work perfectly.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

25. Posted:

I do believe they deserve a discount. Not a direct rip as some people said, but a similar process to Xbox in that you can "install" games to your system but you can't play them directly there.

Then this could be used for whatever as evidence that you purchased it for discounts and such.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

26. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Are people really suggesting that there's a concern that physical games can break? Take care of your physical games. Problem solved.
Jeez, i still have Atari 2600 carts that are i've had for over 30 years and still work perfectly.

I take care of my stuff to, but my wii died, SSBB disk scratched same with MP3C, and my EBA card as wellas Pearl card got corrupt

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SammyOfMobius

27. Posted:

When I found out they were releasing digital Super Mario 3D Land, I was STEAMED because I bought the retail version and didn't release the digital version until almost a year after the retail version was released. Now I'll have to cough up another 40 bucks to buy it digitally. Not cool Nintendo. Why can't it just be if you get the retail version of the game you get the digital copy free? It makes sense. Or better yet, why can't all people making a game on 3DS offer a retail AND digital promotion?

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

28. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Why can't it just be if you get the retail version of the game you get the digital copy free? It makes sense.

Yeah lets give people free games and cause ourselves to go out of business. Yeah that makes sense. If they did that how many people do you think would find a way around it and be getting free games?

As I said before its not the companies fault you ran out an bought the game when if first came out and didnt wait to see what would happen in a year or so. If you want the digital version so bad go trade in your physical copy and us that money towards the purchase of a point card and get the digital version you want so badly.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SammyOfMobius

29. Posted:

It's not free. You shouldn't have to pay for a game twice. YOU SHOULD ONLY PAY FOR IT ONCE. I'm saying if you buy the game in retail format you should get in digital format for free. Technically it's not free though because you're paying for the retail version. No one should have to pay for a product twice, even if it's to have it on your system permanently.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

30. Posted:

And how is Nintendo or any other game company going to know that you already bought the retail version?

And they are not forcing you to pay for it twice you make that decision yourself. YOU ran out and bought they game at launch and didnt wait to see if another version would have come out. YOU are the one that wants a digital version when you have the retail version.

So what should Honda give you a free car because you bought a Honda last year? Should McDonalds give you a free burger cause you bought one before?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

31. Posted:

I think DDs are better than RD as you can't lose a DD, and if you lose your 3DS you can file a police report to get the license back (Until NNID is supported on 3DS). Besides, if you have 5 SD cards, you can have 5 different "copies" of it.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

32. Posted:

You must realize there's much more then simply going to the police and saying "Yo man I need a new 3DS". You need the original receipt, not an option for many of us, along with other stuff and the process isn't exactly short.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ultraraichu

33. Posted:

It would be nice if Nintendo have a program for people who want to make the move from physical to digital games next year. Like a free VC game, half price or some points back in the eshop if you have it registered in your club Nintendo or Nintendo network account and buy the E-Version. They will have an update that would allow players to transfer there save data from physical to digital, so that's a gateway for possibilities.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
C.S Lewis

3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

34. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I think DDs are better than RD as you can't lose a DD, and if you lose your 3DS you can file a police report to get the license back (Until NNID is supported on 3DS). Besides, if you have 5 SD cards, you can have 5 different "copies" of it.

:o I didn't think of it like that (the 5 copies that is) but yeah digital is better for me since it CAN be transfered to the next gen systems which means no need to worry about BC

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

35. Posted:

@Otaku
You keep talking about how DD can be transferred to the next gen systems ad infinitum, when you have absolutely no idea that this will be the case. Yes, it's likely they will transfer for a gen or two at least, but we have absolutely no way of knowing if that is true, so the fact that you keep holding it out as a forgone conclusion seems a bit myopic.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

36. Posted:

I don't recall Nintendo ever promising Day 1 digital releases for new games. Sony's been making some deals like that lately though, which is neat.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

37. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

@Otaku
You keep talking about how DD can be transferred to the next gen systems ad infinitum, when you have absolutely no idea that this will be the case. Yes, it's likely they will transfer for a gen or two at least, but we have absolutely no way of knowing if that is true, so the fact that you keep holding it out as a forgone conclusion seems a bit myopic.

Well I could see that being the case if they decide to drop SD card use, but since they're adding NN IDs I doubt they'd make you rebuy after you've already bought it, besides you can transfer games that are off eShop so even if they take em off they'll still be there

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }