3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Jiro The Armadillo, Your Thoughts

Showing 1 to 20 of 42

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blue_Yoshi

1. Posted:

Looks like Nintendo is releasing its first self licensed "3D Game" or as all us fans call it 3DSWare and it actually looks interesting and successful. Its a defense game in which the main character rolls like Goron Link in Majoras Mask. Its really fun to control, so fun that the Big N included a race to test our abilities. This control mechanism is coming back but the category of defense leads me to wonder what kind of game this will be. Either way the main character, Jiro appears to be a classic in the making. Nintendo rarely uses anthromorphic animals but they still do with there most famous series being Star Fox. Do you all think Jiro will go down the path of Sonic having many desert related animal friends with no last names? Or do you think this is gonna turn out to be something similar to Rango? How well do you think the gameplay is gonna be?

Nintendo will never die!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

2. Posted:

Rango is awesome.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blue_Yoshi

3. Posted:

Yeh thats why Jiro should be awesome. I actually saw the movie in theaters and I was laughing so hard.

Nintendo will never die!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BulbasaurusRex

4. Posted:

The gameplay mechanics sound interesting to me, but tower defense = no purchase from me.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
...
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dizzard

5. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuUWWBjIO-I

This is what you're talking about right? Looks sort of interesting, I'll keep an eye on it for sure. Even though I'm not fond of tower defence games....you have to admit this doesn't look like you're typical tower defence game.

The Rolling Western is 1st Party right?

Edited on by Dizzard

Dizzard

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blue_Yoshi

6. Posted:

Well I dont personally play defense games whenever Nintendo releases a new genre game or something different I have to try it. Thats why I picked up Steek Diver and guess what, it was fun for a little while. This game is gonna be cheap tho since its 3DSWare and its new genre so it sounds interesting. I wonder when its gonna come out.

Nintendo will never die!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Punny

7. Posted:

@Dizzard: Yes, The Rolling Western was published by Nintendo.

I was a bit concerned about this game at first, but after watching it in action, it looks like fun. I have high hopes for Jiro. :)

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yoyogamer

8. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

Rango is awesome.

When compared to that awful Avatar movie it is.

This is a signature.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

littlebigplanet

9. Posted:

I'm pretty excited for this game. Its good to know nintendo is willing to put more largescale games on the eshop.
This game has everything. And I think it may be around $10. I have $60 left on my eshop account, so my wallet is ready.
It seems to be a gaming jumbalaya. It has tower defence, nice exploration, beautifully done graphics/art, funny creatures, and armadillos.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheUnknownGame

10. Posted:

It looks like a really fun game. However I'd suspect that the game has little enemy variety judging by the only trailer released thus far. I hope it does well so Jiro can get his own series and maybe put him in Smash Bros 3D.

No one knows what kind of games I play!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Moco_Loco

11. Posted:

Looks like a hybrid action/tower-defense game. I could care less about straight-up tower defense (I've got HexDefense and Field Runners on my phone if I ever get the urge), but this is a different animal entirely.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hejiru

12. Posted:

Behold my avatar.

I love it; a new IP from Nintendo?! We haven't had a real new Nintendo series since Pikmin. (Nintendogs, Wii Sports, etc don't count; I'm talking about a real universe with original characters.)

Here's hoping Jiro will join the likes of Mario, Link, Samus, DK, etc.

Hejiru

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

13. Posted:

Pictures? Vids? Links? Anything? This is the first I'm hearing of this.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ark

14. Posted:

Hejiru wrote:

We haven't had a real new Nintendo series since Pikmin. (Nintendogs, Wii Sports, etc don't count; I'm talking about a real universe with original characters.)

Animal Crossing, Chibi Robo, Drill Dozer, Disaster, Xenoblade, ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat, The Last Story, Zengeki no Reginliev, and a handful of others don't count?

As far as Jiro goes, I'll have mixed feelings until I actually get to play it. Tower defense games aren't my cup of tea.

Edited on by Ark

.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hejiru

15. Posted:

Scypher wrote:

Hejiru wrote:

We haven't had a real new Nintendo series since Pikmin. (Nintendogs, Wii Sports, etc don't count; I'm talking about a real universe with original characters.)

Animal Crossing, Chibi Robo, Drill Dozer, Disaster, Xenoblade, ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat, The Last Story, Zengeki no Reginliev, and a handful of others don't count?

As far as Jiro goes, I've got mixed feelings until actually see some footage. Tower defense isn't my cup of tea.

Ok, let me rephrase. I'm talking Nintendo developed. Not published. Nintendo publishes all kinds of games they didn't make. Pokemon, for example. True first party Nintendo franchises are a lot fewer than people realize. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Starfox... there's a few more I'm probably forgetting, but those are the most famous.

I'll give you Animal Crossing, but that predates Pikmin, does it not?

Hejiru

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ark

16. Posted:

Ah, that makes more sense then. What they've done since then have mostly been collaborations or obscure stuff (or they're not really character-based).

.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dizzard

17. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

Pictures? Vids? Links? Anything? This is the first I'm hearing of this.

You know, I posted a video link earlier in the thread. If you had read it properly you'd have seen it.....

Hmm I've never ever heard of this ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat game before....

Personally, if it doesn't come to Europe/America (some english speaking country where I could at least import and understand it) than it doesn't really count for me.

Edited on by Dizzard

Dizzard

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ville10

18. Posted:

Hejiru wrote:

Scypher wrote:

Hejiru wrote:

We haven't had a real new Nintendo series since Pikmin. (Nintendogs, Wii Sports, etc don't count; I'm talking about a real universe with original characters.)

Animal Crossing, Chibi Robo, Drill Dozer, Disaster, Xenoblade, ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat, The Last Story, Zengeki no Reginliev, and a handful of others don't count?

As far as Jiro goes, I've got mixed feelings until actually see some footage. Tower defense isn't my cup of tea.

Ok, let me rephrase. I'm talking Nintendo developed. Not published. Nintendo publishes all kinds of games they didn't make. Pokemon, for example. True first party Nintendo franchises are a lot fewer than people realize. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Starfox... there's a few more I'm probably forgetting, but those are the most famous.

I'll give you Animal Crossing, but that predates Pikmin, does it not?

While you're right to some extent, Nintendo owns at least parts of the rights to many of the games they publish. For example, Nintendo was deeply involved in the development of Chibi-Robo and thus the rights to the franchise is shared between Nintendo and Skip Ltd. That's why we can see Chibi-Robo as a trophy in Smash Bros.

Moreover, because Nintendo owns the majority of the shares in Monolith Soft, they counts as a first party developer. Therefore Disaster and Xenoblade are both Nintendo franchises.

You're also forgetting franchises such as Jam with the Band and Rhythm Heaven, both developed by Nintendo after Pikmin.

ville10

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

19. Posted:

Hopefully, The Rolling Western will be well received. I loved watching Westerns with my parents as a child like The Roy Rogers Show, Bonanza, Laredo, The Rifleman and Wagon Train.

Even though Hollywood seems to eschew Westerns today it is to my great disgust that I watch them relegate Cowboy based movies to the trash heap. I loved the Space Western that James Cameron's Avatar is. I didn't really care for Cowboys and Aliens but I do like Rango and I'm looking forward to the upcoming John Carter and I'm literally praying to God and asking him to bless Disney to agree to permit Gore Verbinski and Johnny Depp to go forward with producing The Lone Ranger movie as I enjoyed the television series with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.

Anyway, The Rolling Western looks good and I hope that we will hear more about it from Nintendo. I also hope that on the 13th Nintendo will finally let us a release date for 3DSWare in the 3DS eShop. I'm really anticipating the release of Mighty Switch Force and The Rolling Western.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

20. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

Hopefully, The Rolling Western will be well received. I loved watching Westerns with my parents as a child like The Roy Rogers Show, Bonanza, Laredo, The Rifleman and Wagon Train.

Even though Hollywood seems to eschew Westerns today it is to my great disgust that I watch them relegate Cowboy based movies to the trash heap. I loved the Space Western that James Cameron's Avatar is. I didn't really care for Cowboys and Aliens but I do like Rango and I'm looking forward to the upcoming John Carter and I'm literally praying to God and asking him to bless Disney to agree to permit Gore Verbinski and Johnny Depp to go forward with producing The Lone Ranger movie as I enjoyed the television series with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.

Anyway, The Rolling Western looks good and I hope that we will hear more about it from Nintendo. I also hope that on the 13th Nintendo will finally let us a release date for 3DSWare in the 3DS eShop. I'm really anticipating the release of Mighty Switch Force and The Rolling Western.

A release date for 3DSWare? So Let's Golf 3D and all those 3D Classics don't count?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984