3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Gunman Clive

Showing 101 to 120 of 173

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

101. Posted:

Krimbatize wrote:

Zeldalover wrote:

So should I get this game? I've been hearing a lot of positive things about it, so I may get it tonight. Btw, the trailer was good!

Best $2 game I've downloaded.

Worth every penny/cent.
For me is clearly a must-have.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

AlGator

102. Posted:

Agreed, best $2 game I've downloaded by far. IMO it beats many more expensive downloads for pure fun.

http://alsphotographyblog.blogspot.com
Video-gaming since the 1970s

AuthorMessage

Musterd

103. Posted:

Brendonm17 wrote:

@rayword45 i just beat it... and that new character sucks... but it flies!!!!!! dont want to give away to much. why dont we post speed runs on here?

GO AWAY. DUCK IS AMAZING. YOU LOVE DUCK. SIT IN THE CORNER UNTIL YOU REALIZE THAT.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

104. Posted:

I bought it alongside Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels and it really is amazing! For just 2 bucks, this is the biggest bargain since Aura-Aura Climber for DSiWare!

Edited on by Zeldalover

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

C-Olimar

105. Posted:

Zeldalover wrote:

For just 2 bucks, this is the biggest bargain since Aura-Aura Climber for DSiWare!

This.

C-Olimar

AuthorMessage

rosebud

106. Posted:

I beat this game on Normal with Clive and did a no damage run on Hard difficulty with Ms. Johnson. I can run through the game in about 20 minutes now on Easy but I think it was really worth it for 2 bucks.

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

107. Posted:

Gunman Clive was super easy to beat on all difficulty levels. The game slowed down on me during a boss battle. I got some footage of the slowdown before I rebooted the game.

Edited on by bezerker99

"Everybody gets old, but not everybody gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
My name in a video game.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Pichuka97

108. Posted:

Love the music in this game. Get a good pair of headphones and rock out!!

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

AuthorMessage

rayword45

109. Posted:

C-Olimar wrote:

Zeldalover wrote:

For just 2 bucks, this is the biggest bargain since Aura-Aura Climber for DSiWare!

This.

I don't know about that. Aura-Aura Climber and Escapee GO both have loads more content then Gunman Clive. Sure, the gameplay could easily be seen as deeper (although honestly not in the latter case) but this game is basically no frills compared to the others (extra difficulties don't do anything besides give you less health)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

ClassicJetterz

110. Posted:

This is a charming game. I don't regret $2 being spent on it. :)

See, if THIS is what people can do for a bargain, there's no reason for a bad game to exist on the 3DS eshop.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

111. Posted:

Could someone post example times which got them a speed badge? I don't think I played the game particularly slowly, and yet I only realised that speed badges existed after accidentally getting one on the last level.

And now I can't seem to get another one, even on the first level :/

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Stokos

112. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

Could someone post example times which got them a speed badge? I don't think I played the game particularly slowly, and yet I only realised that speed badges existed after accidentally getting one on the last level.

And now I can't seem to get another one, even on the first level :/

Here are my times that earned me a badge:
Stage 1 - 45:00
Stage 2 - 55:63
Stage 3 - 45:49
Stage 4 - 41:80
Stage 5 - 21:42 (Boss)
Stage 6 - 46:98
Stage 7 - 34:74
Stage 8 - 62:84
Stage 9 - 45:98
Stage 10 - 18:78 (Boss)
Stage 11 - 43:87
Stage 12 - 35:19
Stage 13 - 46:99
Stage 14 - No Badge, my best time is 46:84
Stage 15 - 17:43 (Boss)
Stage 16 - 47:88
Stage 17 - No Badge, my best time is 70:01
Stage 18 - No Badge, my best time is 48:00
Stage 19 - 54:63
Stage 20 - 23:06 (Final Boss)

Tips:
1. On the mine cart stage jump as much as possible. You go faster that way.
2. On the space rocket stage just go to the far right of the screen when the stage is about to end. Probably the easiest badge to get.
3. On Boss#1 and Boss#3 stay as close to them as possible so that all 3 spreadshot bullets hit them.
4. On Boss#2 use the rocket launcher. Jump constantly and shoot 1 bullet per jump. Getting the badge is pretty random, depending on what pattern of attacks the boss will decide to do.
5. On Final Boss you have to pick up the dark matter gun (the one with the purple bouncing ball) from stage 19 and it's ridiculously easy to get a badge on him. With the default gun its near impossible.

NOTE: all this was done in HARD DIFFICULTY using Gunman Clive! Maybe the times are different if you play on lower difficulties or with the other characters!

Edited on by Stokos

my Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/Stokos

3DS Friend Code: 4038-7344-2111

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

113. Posted:

@Stokos Great info, thanks!

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

114. Posted:

I beat the game with all three charaters on easy, with some no damage.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

C-Olimar

115. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

Zeldalover wrote:

This.

I don't know about that. Aura-Aura Climber and Escapee GO both have loads more content than Gunman Clive. Sure, the gameplay could easily be seen as deeper (although honestly not in the latter case) but this game is basically no frills compared to the others (extra difficulties don't do anything besides give you less health)

Key word is since ;)
Also, Escapee Go wasn't released in Europe, that isn't a factor for me.

C-Olimar

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

116. Posted:

I agree about those games having more content over Gunman Clive, but for 2 dollars/euros, this is high-quality 3DSWare that one wouldn't expect to be so fun for a game this simplistic in terms of controls and gameplay. I wouldn't rate the game with a 9, but more likely with an 8 (and that's a good score) for overall quality and design. I'm from Europe too, so I'm not able to experience some other DSiWare/3DSWare titles from that (or a slightly higher) price range.

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

117. Posted:

Stokos wrote:

Stage 17 - No Badge, my best time is 70:01
Stage 18 - No Badge, my best time is 48:00

I've beaten stage 17 in 53:21 and didn't get a badge. That stage is probably the most annoying to speed run because of the randomness of the falling rocks.

I beat stage 18 in 43:02 and didn't get a badge, but received one when I beat it in 36:13. So it's somewhere in between there.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

AuthorMessage

Spanish_Bread

118. Posted:

just want to share my speedrun records for Duck Mode - Hard, well i repeated many times to get the badge for every level...

Stage 1 - 38:14
Stage 2 - 37:55
Stage 3 - 38:60
Stage 4 - 34:96
Stage 6 - 43:57
Stage 7 - 34:94
Stage 8 - 52:41
Stage 9 - 35:97
Stage 11 - 38:47
Stage 12 - 34:94
Stage 13 - 45:26
Stage 14 - 42:88
Stage 16 - 48:53
Stage 17 - 43:15
Stage 18 - 32:10
Stage 19 - 46:88

i thought the game can record your time with badge & no damage at the same time, but it seems that once you've finished the game with no damage, any future time records "with damage or no damage" won't matter anymore... kinda weird, unlike in fractured soul, there are speed runs for pure speed and for 5-star run (no damage speed runs), so basically you can speed run there in 2 different approaches, so 2 records... just saying XD

Spanish_Bread

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

119. Posted:

@Spanish_Bread Great stuff. I haven't even attempted any speed runs with the duck (I'm only one short for Clive, and now working on Ms. Johnson). This list will help me a lot, thanks.

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

120. Posted:

I played the demo on PC a couple of days ago, and I really liked it. Will be getting it on my 3DS when I can get it connected to the Internet.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur