3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Family Tennis 3D

Showing 21 to 30 of 30

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mahra

21. Posted:

grumblegrumble wrote:

MrArcade wrote:

Why would you get family tennis when...
Untitled

[/div]

Do you think Mario Tennis Open is worth the $30-40 asking price?

Just for the record, I have not downloaded Family Tennis, because I'm saving up for other games that are coming ;)

its worth it :D have the game its AMAZING !! :D

Mahra

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2279-3969 | Nintendo Network ID: Crazyforart | Twitter: awkwardboo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

22. Posted:

Mahary wrote:

grumblegrumble wrote:

MrArcade wrote:

Why would you get family tennis when...
Untitled

[/div]

[/div]

Do you think Mario Tennis Open is worth the $30-40 asking price?

Just for the record, I have not downloaded Family Tennis, because I'm saving up for other games that are coming ;)

[/div]

its worth it :D have the game its AMAZING !! :D

I think all of these MTO comparisons should stop. It's a $40 1st party retail game, of course it's going to be better, and no one's contesting that.

However, that doesn't mean FT3D is irrelevant and should be ignored. If you're new to tennis games (especially arcade style tennis), getting this for $7 would be a much smarter decision than paying $40 for a game you may not like. If you're just looking for the next fun eShop game, this could be a good pick (I didn't hear people writing off VVVVVV and MSF!, just because there were retail titles like SM3DL and Sonic Gen 3D. Why this would be in any way different is beyond me). If your just a fan of tennis games, and want to get as many as you can, this wouldn't be a bad purchase either.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

23. Posted:

@RR529 Everything you say is true, and I was in no way comparing Mario Open to Family Tennis 3D. However, I think Mario Open more suits my needs and wants (since I love Mario but also am interested in a good Tennis game) but I think I'll wait for the price to drop on Mario Open before buying it, the current asking price is a bit steep.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

24. Posted:

grumblegrumble wrote:

@RR529 Everything you say is true, and I was in no way comparing Mario Open to Family Tennis 3D. However, I think Mario Open more suits my needs and wants (since I love Mario but also am interested in a good Tennis game) but I think I'll wait for the price to drop on Mario Open before buying it, the current asking price is a bit steep.

Sorry, I wasn't directly relating to your comment, but I have seen that sentiment floating about, and that's what I was targeting.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

25. Posted:

Theres even this for those who dont want to blow 7 bucks

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

26. Posted:

Eh, GB tennis is terribly dated, though. Even though it's cheap, it's not really indicative of how tennis games are nowadays (especially in the case of arcade style tennis).

eShop wise FT3D is the best quality tennis game you can get at the moment, and would be the perfect place to start if you're looking into MTO, but not sure if you'd like the genre.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

27. Posted:

Apparently, this arrived on the EU eShop this past Thursday.

This little gem really wants to remain hidden, lol (arriving in NA on the heels of MTO, and arriving in EU with no mention of it in the update).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Windy

28. Posted:

Family Tennis is a wonderful Tennis game. Had they included online Multiplayer play it would have been a great tennis game. Family Tennis is 7 bucks well spent. It's one title I played out that I downloaded from a bunch that I have not played out. If you can get Mario Tennis by all means get that. But Family Tennis is a very nice alternative

Edited on by Windy

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391

AuthorMessage
Avatar

C-Olimar

29. Posted:

Great game, totally worth the price! With online multiplayer it would be worth more than twice as much though.

C-Olimar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

30. Posted:

Grandpa is my fav charater, this old man got some moves!

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror