3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Original Edition

Showing 1 to 20 of 125

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MDee14

1. Posted:

http://club2.nintendo.com/donkeykong/ not bad at all.

Edited on by MDee14

Wii U: MDee14
3DS Code:3480-2541-8522
Tweet Me @MDee14
Please check out my podcast: http://rubntugpodcast.blogspot.com/

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2541-8522 | Nintendo Network ID: MDee14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

2. Posted:

3DS version confirmed.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

3. Posted:

Yep time for me to pick up AA soon, I'm not gettin C+... Besides I don't have an art tool on my 3DS yet and colors looks ok, but I wanna draw more detailed (say the person who cares little about graphixx)
Wait I just noticed I can get it if I purches Paper Mario or Layton as well, I might rethink this, I do want AA at some point, but I know I want Layton and Paper Mario more

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

4. Posted:

Oh wait! It's not JUST Art Academy and Crossword puzzles! You can purchase Sticker Star and get Donkey Kong too! Whoa, that's so awesome!! Guess I'll be purchasing Sticker Star from the eShop instead! (As much as an RPG of all genres stuck on my console doesn't sound appealing.)

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

5. Posted:

Maybe Nintendo should sell SD cards on ClubNintendo, to get people to download more games.
Still not too crazy about downloading full games on the eShop, for that kind of price.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

6. Posted:

If only luigi's mansion 2 was part of the deal...oh well guess I will pick sticker star after all.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

7. Posted:

Looks like I'll be downloading Sticker Star from the eShop when it gets released! I would normally purchase it retail but this DK is too good to resist.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

8. Posted:

I think Freakyforms Deluxe and Brain Age: Concentration Training both should've been part of the deal.

EDIT: Just watched the "Crosswords Plus" trailer, it looks more interesting than I thought.

Edited on by CrazyOtto

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

9. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

Looks like I'll be downloading Sticker Star from the eShop when it gets released! I would normally purchase it retail but this DK is too good to resist.

^ probably this.
But that's annoying that we can't get this for actual sale. -_-

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

10. Posted:

Sticker Star is on my Christmas list, don't wanna download that one... thankfully, Layton was already a day one purchase for me, and honestly, a puzzle game with weekly DLC seems perfect to have downloaded, hate switching games just for one puzzle every week.

My curiosity though...what is this extra content never seen in the US? I must know!!!

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

11. Posted:

ShadJV wrote:

Sticker Star is on my Christmas list, don't wanna download that one... thankfully, Layton was already a day one purchase for me, and honestly, a puzzle game with weekly DLC seems perfect to have downloaded, hate switching games just for one puzzle every week.

My curiosity though...what is this extra content never seen in the US? I must know!!!

^ The extra content never seen in the US is the Pie Factory level. It's on the arcade version of Donkey Kong but never made it to the NES cartridge. (BTW, this is not the arcade version of the game...it's the NES Donkey Kong plus the Pie Factory level done in NES graphics.)

Edited on by bezerker99

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

12. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

Sticker Star is on my Christmas list, don't wanna download that one... thankfully, Layton was already a day one purchase for me, and honestly, a puzzle game with weekly DLC seems perfect to have downloaded, hate switching games just for one puzzle every week.

My curiosity though...what is this extra content never seen in the US? I must know!!!

^ The extra content never seen in the US is the Pie Factory level. It's on the arcade version of Donkey Kong but never made it to the NES cartridge. (BTW, this is not the arcade version of the game...it's the NES Donkey Kong plus the Pie Factory level done in NES graphics.)

Ohhhh, well thank you. I feel silly now! Yeah, okay, that's slightly less exciting than whatever my imagination was trying to conjure. Well, I planned to get Layton anyway so I may as well download it anyway.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

13. Posted:

Actually, I'll DL Layton, as I've been meaning to actually own a game in the series. (most of what I've played is what my pal has :P). And I've already preordered PM:SS.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

14. Posted:

I wonder if Layton will come out on Japanese eShop since its an original launch title and I think they should add older titles to eShop soon

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

15. Posted:

ShadJV wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

Sticker Star is on my Christmas list, don't wanna download that one... thankfully, Layton was already a day one purchase for me, and honestly, a puzzle game with weekly DLC seems perfect to have downloaded, hate switching games just for one puzzle every week.

My curiosity though...what is this extra content never seen in the US? I must know!!!

^ The extra content never seen in the US is the Pie Factory level. It's on the arcade version of Donkey Kong but never made it to the NES cartridge. (BTW, this is not the arcade version of the game...it's the NES Donkey Kong plus the Pie Factory level done in NES graphics.)

Ohhhh, well thank you. I feel silly now! Yeah, okay, that's slightly less exciting than whatever my imagination was trying to conjure. Well, I planned to get Layton anyway so I may as well download it anyway.

At least I think I'm right. I believe this game has the "extra' DK animations that weren't in the NES cart (ie: DK climbing ladders to the next level). I believe this version, although NES graphics, has those extra animations in addition to the Pie Factory level. :-P

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tripunktoj

16. Posted:

I am still on the fence for AA with this deal. I prefer having the game package on my shelf over a DL, the website says it may take 3 to 4 weeks to deliver your download code and the extra DK level WAS released in the US as a bonus in DK64. On the other hand I am aware its a NES graphics version, not the arcade game included in DK64, and as a video game collector is hard to resist a special version/edition portable game sitting nicely next to my ambassador games. Im still undecided.

Edited on by tripunktoj

...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-6861 | Nintendo Network ID: tripunktoj | Twitter: tripunktoj

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

17. Posted:

-Max- wrote:

I am still on the fence for AA with this deal. I prefer having the game package on my shelf over a DL, the website says it may take 3 to 4 weeks to deliver your download code and the extra DK level WAS released in the US as a bonus in DK64. On the other hand I am aware its a NES graphics version, not the arcade game included in DK64, and as a video game collector is hard to resist a special version/edition portable game sitting nicely next to my ambassador games. Im still undecided.

If your mainly interested in this as a collector, I say don't go for it. If anything happens to your 3DS when Nintendo has moved onto the next handheld, you may not be able to recover it. Digital content is very temporary. I mean, I suppose it's different if you have the money to spare, but there's better things from a collecting standpoint to spend the money on. I mean, if you prefer having the game package on your shelf... of course, it's different if you actually want to play this game or don't care if the other title is digital or physical. I wouldn't be surprised if, months after this offer ends, Nintendo offers this for sale in the eShop, it'd be a smart and easy way to make more money. Of course, I can't guarantee they'll do that, but there could easily be many more opportunities to own this version of the NES original.

All-in-all, as a collector, digital content generally isn't very valuable, it can't be resold and isn't very permanent. Just my two cents. Of course, I'm choosing to get this (primarily because I was gong to get Layton anyway and see some advantages to having it digitally), so I really don't blame you if you wanna snap this up while it's being offered!

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

18. Posted:

Is Donkey Kong Original Edition a 3DSware game or is it actually a edited NES ROM VC game?

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

19. Posted:

@SRArter - It's (from what I've gathered) a modified-VC game. By that I mean it's a VC game (Donkey Kong NES Version) with extra content added not present in the original version (the Pie Factory level), like Sin & Punishment (N64) on the Wii's VC, since that one was never localized for NA before the VC version.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tripunktoj

20. Posted:

@ShadJV: I was considering to buy a boxed copy of AA when it gets cheaper, so yes the main reason to purchase AA digital and today is DKOE since its cheaper and for me makes more sense to have as a DL than Layton and Paper Mario, my other 2 planned purchases elegible for DKOE. Im more interested on it for the feeling of having something special than for its money value, but I agree with everything you wrote. Anyway, I have until January to decide.

Edited on by tripunktoj

...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-6861 | Nintendo Network ID: tripunktoj | Twitter: tripunktoj