3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Crimson Shroud Discussion

Showing 161 to 180 of 286

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

161. Posted:

@RetroGBHippie92

this isn't so much an RPG as it is a Visual Novel with a really good battle system. That being said, you still can pick skills to learn, and most equipment balances out pros and cons. Since there's so much loot, there's really no need for levels. Imo, it actually makes the battles more intense, since going back and grinding for exp is no longer an option, forcing players to do as much damage with the equipment they currently have access to.

EDIT: While I'm here, a sincere apology to @3Dash! I didn't realise I remembered the name of the item wrong- sorry if it caused you too much trouble :(

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

162. Posted:

@RetroGBHippie92 - I think Magikarp described it well. Rather then level us up and let us grind to over come the harder challenges they give us equipment and force us to use strategy to survive and advance. Though sometimes you "level up" and they give you one of three new skills for each character, letting you increase your move pool and choices. Which means you can use some foresight in planning your moves and deciding what could help your battle plans. Plus since magic is attached to what you are wearing, you can have skills you like, get some stronger equipment and have to re-plan as you lost spells and you can go farther and strengthen the equipment by fusing the same pieces together or fuse a new spell into it. So complex strategy is used without the levels and makes things feel very rewarding when you succeed and failure normally only feels like your own fault for a bad strategy.
However I think the lack of levels is something in part carried from dungeons and dragons but as I never played I don't know. (I found this far more fun then the Denpa Men)

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Noboty

163. Posted:

Just got and finished the game not too long. Was worried the dice-rolling aspect would have too much of an impact on the game (and my enjoyment), but it turns out my fears were ill-founded (I actually think the dice were underused).

Enjoyed the game all the same. I especially enjoyed reading the story.

Magikarp wrote:

@RetroGBHippie92

this isn't so much an RPG as it is a Visual Novel with a really good battle system. That being said, you still can pick skills to learn, and most equipment balances out pros and cons. Since there's so much loot, there's really no need for levels. Imo, it actually makes the battles more intense, since going back and grinding for exp is no longer an option, forcing players to do as much damage with the equipment they currently have access to.

EDIT: While I'm here, a sincere apology to @3Dash! I didn't realise I remembered the name of the item wrong- sorry if it caused you too much trouble :(

Grinding is still very much an option, even if you didn't get EXP for it.

Edited on by Noboty

Noboty

3DS Friend Code: 2793-1469-2823

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

164. Posted:

Just bought Crimson Shroud, I really like the battle system, despite it not having an exp. system. I haven't played much yet, but I've bet the first map and bet the Zombie Minotaur, I can say it's a good game already from what i've played, how long does it take to finish though?

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

BenAV

165. Posted:

My first playthrough took me about ten hours.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

166. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

Just bought Crimson Shroud, I really like the battle system, despite it not having an exp. system. I haven't played much yet, but I've bet the first map and bet the Zombie Minotaur, I can say it's a good game already from what i've played, how long does it take to finish though?

It all depends on how long it takes you to get a certain key on the second area! It took me nearly 4 hours alone. I'll be pushing just over 12 hours once I beat the final boss.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

167. Posted:

That depends on how many battles you do, how many times you go the wrong way and how much you choose to read. It took me about 8 hours my first run, the second is taking 12 because of how much one can read.

[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

168. Posted:

@Aqueous Do you have to do a second playthrough to beat the game entirely or have you just done it by choice? seems like a very short game depending on the choices you make.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

169. Posted:

@RetorGBHippie92 - Well the second time around adds new areas and dialog, plus better equipment, harder enemies and "spoilers". Also I'm trying to beat it to see about ending changes but I'm struggling. I've left it as beat on my Backloggery just in case of extras that might require a second run.

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

170. Posted:

I'm on the depths map at the moment (second map), what do I do to find the key? I'm going around in circles and facing tons of skeletons (which are difficult as it is looking for this key) and I'm not finding the key anywhere. Is this that part of the game people were talking about not long ago where you had to grind to find the key or am I just mistaken, it's just that I've been everywhere on the second map and i'm not progressing the story in any way.

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

171. Posted:

Yes its the part we are referring too! You just need to keep fighting those skeletons. The item you're looking for I can't remember the name but if you back track a few pages you will find the name of it. You may already have it! Also change up the order in which you defeat them as it might increase the chance for the drop.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

172. Posted:

@RetroGBHippie92 - You seek the skeleton drop of an Obsidin Dalphine

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

173. Posted:

Aqueous wrote:

Thank you! I don't remember crazy names lol.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

174. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

You are welcome Pinball Master :)

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

175. Posted:

Aqueous wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

How do you know about any of that?! :o

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

176. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

How do you know about any of that?! :o

Simple I watch the Zen Pinball forums on Nintendolife :) Also you're at the top of all 4 Zen Pinball 3D tables

Edited on by Aqueous

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

177. Posted:

Now wait!!! So this game begs to be beaten twice!!! :o

If you can't tell I just beat it. :o

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

178. Posted:

I think I need to restart...
My RPG skills are not very good and I have 0 Saint's Tinctures left, and I just got to the point where a lot of the enemies have disappeared.
But that's fine with me, Crimson Shroud is so enjoyable I won't care too much.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

179. Posted:

@3Dash - The basement level skeletons are still in play if you need an easy fight. Also don't trust in that item, it won't help in some fights.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

180. Posted:

Saint's Tinctures. I don't even know what these are. Apparently I beat the game without them.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech